Medium and Hard 3 stars / Gold

nikolistary

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It is easy. Just try to keep together all enemies you can before star killing them in order to gain a high multiplier. Then, when you reach the boss dont kill him, kill the mininos he will summon until you reach at least 30k points (medium) or 40k (Hard). 

Also, to unlock the gallery you need to beat the demo mode at least once. Then, he best way to obtain the 4k points you need for the 3 stars is using dual pistols. 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Just did this plat recently, first person to bother in almost a year & I have to put some updated information here. As of the current patch, if I tried going into the shooting gallery with the move controllers I had no weapons & no way to bring up the inventory screen. Just a pair of hands holding nothing while the targets pop up. Trying to add a gun to the inventory with move controllers blue screened the game without fail, & 3 stars on the shooting gallery with the aim controller & default assault rifle is impossible. If you equip the super rifle however, 4000+ points is completely trivial.

For a minute there I thought that super rifle was purely cosmetic. Picking it up was the most difficult thing in the game by far. I only managed to equip the weapon after shooting at it with the regular assault rifle to get a feel for where I'm actually aiming, then dropped the rifle & after a lot of mashing the trigger & micro movements/aggressions the fucking thing actually equipped. I went through most of the game without even realising you could equip different weapons & on reflection I think the way they did that is one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever seen in a game. Completely counter-intuitive in every conceivable way. Once you learn how to deal with that though, grab the plasma rifle for an easy time. 

I have a theory about the 3-star scores. I noticed when you beat the boss they have a point value attached to them that is never added to your point score. If it was you wouldn't have to milk the extra waves. I reckon this is a programming oversight & you're probably supposed to get the points from the boss.

For those first two arenas sometimes enemies would get stuck in a bit of wall with no way to get rid of them, & this can happen with the extra waves in boss fights so be careful with that. If it happens make note of where you are & try not to dawdle in that particular part of the map. When building a combo the type of enemy you shoot first makes quite a difference. You want to shoot the melee skeletons first, then the skeletons with guns, then the marines & on higher difficulties the drones after that, & make sure to weaken those floating/teleporting enemies as you can get 6000+ points from them with a good multiplier which is a game changer, but not if your multiplier goes down trying to track them when they teleport.

Aside from those issues I really liked the game. The experience of using the aim controller vs the moves is night & day, it's like a completely different game. As fun as it was to teleport into enemies while holding the sword, having full locomotion combined with teleporting on the aim controller made this one of the more enjoyable VR titles to move around in. It did make it very easy though & felt more like a 20-30% plat than what it is currently. I'd rate it at 2/10 difficulty & only because it's such a pain in the arse to equip different weapons. With that amazing recent VR sale over it's back to full price, but if you picked it up in that sale or any other time & have an aim controller, go for it!

Edit: I thought all the trophies would transition to very rare but the anorhem extreme survival is holding on by a thread. I have a video saved of that & it's not a great one (it's actually the first real run, had to restart due to the enemy waves not spawning halfway through the stage) but I guess that shows you can get hit a few times & don't have to worry too much about the order of enemies. 

Edited by Drag-On-Detritus
  • Like 3

DWVR Basic Trophy Guide: (Move, DS4 and Aim supported): Tips from the forum, experience and my bud KyonKuchiki;

(Difficulty: 2/10) (Time Est: 2-3 hours)

1.) Demo Mode: When you first start the game the first thing you'll want to do is clear Demo mode, this will end on it's own so don't quit out early, and upon completing it will unlock the shooting gallery as well as a trophy.

2.) Add Super Rifle to Inventory: Next you'll want to add the super rifle into your inventory, the weapons can be found on the wall behind you to your right. No idea how to add the gun to your inventory, really finnicky and I achieved it by mashing random buttons. Update: According to Dim10, you insert the controller into the gun and press triangle. Without this gun you cannot complete step 3 which is . . 

3.) Shooting Gallery: Achieve Gold on the shooting gallery, I believe this is 4000 - 4800 points and extremely easy with the super rifle. Doing this will unlock another trophy.

4.) Drone Assault: Complete Gold on the Drone Assault mission. Simple as well with the super rifle, you're stationary and must shoot drones that appear in front of you. Don't fret too much about taking damage as your health replenishes after every wave. I'm not sure what the point threshold here is although I got 70k.

Gold Starring the Three Stages:

There are three different stages and each has four different difficulties, basic math will tell you that one must complete twelve runs total. The point thresholds for Gold are as follows (thanks @KyonKuchiki and @Diobald for the information) ALSO be sure you have over the point threshold, not JUST 20k, 30k, etc. I finished my first run with 20,000 and there was no trophy pop!

• Easy:          20k
  • Medium:     30k
  • Hard:          60k
  • Extreme:    70k 

Be sure to keep a combo going if you can and always have the super rifle equipped. When killing enemies try to do so in this order for the maximum points:

1. Sword wielding skeletons (worth the least)
  2. Shield wielding skeletons
  3. Gun wielding skeletons
  4. Alien shotgunner
  5. Drones
  6. Mage type enemy

The bosses, when killed, do not count towards your points for whatever reason so be sure to farm enemies prior to killing the boss! That's it, really easy and a somewhat enjoyable game. Honestly, I probably had more fun as I just listened to music / a podcast while playing and zoned out! 

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I had trouble picking up the Super Rifle,  but I somehow managed to pickup Super Pistol. 

2-3 shots per target each of them gave me 100 points. 

Managed to destroy all targets and got the trophy quite easily.  

Just for anyone in the same situation.  

Try different guns, something else might be good as well.