Trophy Discussion Regarding Games Appearing on the PS3 and PS4

DanielVT

I was wondering to myself after they announced that Diablo was coming to the PS3 and PS4 what this would mean for trophies. Obviously for the first few years, games will come out to current and next-gen consoles at the same time, but what about trophies? Would we be able to platinum the PS3 version and the PS4 version individually? Would they share a list? Would they be individual lists? Sound off below on your thoughts and ideas regarding this topic.

psntrophiesblu.jpg

bvg

Interesting thought :hmm:

I like to think they'd share lists, because to me that makes the most sense... I think. But they're probably going to be separate. Why? Well because I'm sure Sony are aware that people will buy 2 copies of the same game if they can get 2 Platinum trophies.

Good point....I for one would RATHER it have two seperate lists. Why? Because it's more trophies for me! Hahahaha! :devil:

Normally I'd say seperate lists thanks to the PS3/Vita but since these are both home consoles I'd have to say they'd most likely share a list in this example although it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to have seperate lists either to attract those who'd buy multiple versions.

Edited by Kyouko_Sakura

I'm going to guess that they will have separate trophy lists. Shared trophy lists works with crossplay titles like those with PS3/Vita. But, I don't see any type of crossplay/crossbuy existing with the two home consoles. I don't see a problem with 2 trophy lists since you'll have to play through and earn the trophies twice.