To activate games or not

theSpirae

Do you activate games right away or not?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Do you activate games right away or not?

• Yes
    • No

i did it started a few games and played them 10 minutes or less... in some cases i earned a trophy or two (i.e. Crysis 3, Mirror's Edge) so i stopped from doing it... i don't want to see all games i own in my trophy log and i hide or delete all those games so here on psnp only games with 1 trophy or more earned are shown...

Nope. Around half my backlog is not loaded. Probably a little more than that actually. I have 422 games just on my PS4 and maybe 40-50 are demos and betas.

2 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

No, if I had done that, my completionist OCD side would drive me crazy (it's already bad the way it is..).

If I had everything add, my % would be at around 75-80% at best..

That depends on if you earn a trophy or not. If you add a bunch of 0% games, nothing happens to your completion rate, I am pretty sure.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, theSpirae said:

Hey guys,

I was just wondering when you get a new game, whether it's a physical copy or from PS Store, do you add it to your Library right away? So that all games you have are here on the profile as well.

On PS4, I always add to my library immediately. But that's not the same as loading the game up so that the trophies appear.

So, I guess my answer is no, although I voted yes above.

• Like 3

For PS3 physical games yes, i try them and then uninstall everything except updates if they're small. For PS3 digital games my HDD is full so i don't try the newest purchases because i should remove something and i'm too lazy lol, i just made a spreadsheet with every single game i own and all uninstalled/unused games are in a different color. For Vita games i simply install everything, try them, then copy the data to my PC using Content Manager Assistant and to a folder and my external HDD, ready for future use.

I don't start them I usually just pop the disc in or install the digital copy so I can play them when I feel like it (Good job they added external HDD support) as there is nothing worse than keeping a game on your shelf then deciding to play it only to see a 20GB patch is required.

56 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

On PS4, I always add to my library immediately. But that's not the same as loading the game up so that the trophies appear.

So, I guess my answer is no, although I voted yes above.

I do the same thing, although I misread the question and thought he meant codes for games and downloading rather than loading up a game to see it on a trophy list.

I don’t usually add games to my profile until I’m ready to play them. 

I do download the ps+ games right away but that’s a different story.

Actually, lately I’ve been thinking to add all my games but then I’d have like 75-100 0% on my profile and I don’t know if I’m ready to handle that.

5 hours ago, skateak said:

That depends on if you earn a trophy or not. If you add a bunch of 0% games, nothing happens to your completion rate, I am pretty sure.

While that's true, it also adds to the unearned trophy count on the trophy advisor (I need to keep that under 1000, and ya, I'm failing that for a couple of months now..).

And I don't like to have F's on my list.. when I have them there is just a reminder for myself that I need to start the game SOON..

Then there's also the average trophy rarity that I want under 35% (also failing for a while now..)

All those things that I'm failing now is because I'm playing quicker/easier games lately (as well as not Platinum/100% them..) because I'm rushing my way to 10k trophies to earn my Deus Ex Mankind Divided (it will be that milestone).. after I hit that milestone, I will start to clean up the mess that is my profile right now..

Ya, I'm a complicated guy about this kind of stuff :lol: