Most efficient way to get 'B.O.W.s Are Ugly'?

RachelCharlotte

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I haven't played the game, but this RE6 guide should be able to answer those questions.

1 hour ago, ExHaseo said:

Yeah, the guide pretty clearly goes over it in the Mad Skillz trophy section. Chapter 5 of Chris' story with the levers that give infinite B.O.W. The guide also has a video to help with the Sneaking Around trophy.

Since that path is also designed to get you a lot of skill points, it might not be optimal when only going for the kills itself - especially since the enemies in that chapter are tougher than others which count towards the trophy.

16 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

The onslaught dlc on the urban chaos map is where i got most of my kills for the trophy. Only killed a few in the base game and the trophy popped for me.

Thanks, I will try that.

16 minutes ago, Karlsson89 said:

Since that path is also designed to get you a lot of skill points, it might not be optimal when only going for the kills itself - especially since the enemies in that chapter are tougher than others which count towards the trophy.

...that's because B.O.W.'s give the most skill points in the campaign. It's literally a room with infinitely spawning B.O.W.'s, and if you put the game on the easiest difficulty, you'll have absolutely no trouble killing them. It is very obviously the most effective way to get B.O.W. kills. Which is why every guide says to go there.

2 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

...that's because B.O.W.'s give the most skill points in the campaign. It's literally a room with infinitely spawning B.O.W.'s, and if you put the game on the easiest difficulty, you'll have absolutely no trouble killing them. It is very obviously the most effective way to get B.O.W. kills. Which is why every guide says to go there.

Still, they take a relatively long time to kill and it's not like they spawn instantaneously; when I tried to farm points there I found it a lot slower than rushing through the first section of chapter 4-3 of Jake's campaign. So no, there is nothing 'obvious' about this being the most effective way to get those kills and it is very possible there could be another suitable place with weaker enemies counting towards the trophy.

2 hours ago, Karlsson89 said:

Still, they take a relatively long time to kill and it's not like they spawn instantaneously; when I tried to farm points there I found it a lot slower than rushing through the first section of chapter 4-3 of Jake's campaign. So no, there is nothing 'obvious' about this being the most effective way to get those kills and it is very possible there could be another suitable place with weaker enemies counting towards the trophy.

I did it twice, and was able to do it really quickly in that room. With the shotgun, magnum, or sniper, it only took two or three shots to kill one. I was able to constantly be killing them by pulling a lever every time I killed one. The first time, I only had to run it once to get the trophy, and it only took me about 15 minutes. The second time I had to run it twice. Was much faster than any other mode. So, seems pretty obviously the most effective way.

• 8 months later...

In my opinion, the fastest method is starting Chapter 2-3 of Ada's campaign. Play the chapter until you reach the alarm and kill the 5 BOWs there. Afterwards, restart the checkpoint and you'll be at the beginning of the alarm again. Repeat until you get the trophy; took me around 15 minutes.

I tried Chris Chapter 5 first but I found it to be a bit slow (and it takes a while until you reach the room) so I was looking for another method. The Ada method is very quick and efficient since you only need a minute to reach the alarm (if you're not farming Skill Points).  

Edited by Izul
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 7/16/2018 at 3:28 PM, Izularia said:

In my opinion, the fastest method is starting Chapter 2-3 of Ada's campaign. Play the chapter until you reach the alarm and kill the 5 BOWs there. Afterwards, restart the checkpoint and you'll be at the beginning of the alarm again. Repeat until you get the trophy; took me around 15 minutes.

Worked like a charm! Thank you!