PS4 Includes Cross-Chat!

DanielVT

This comes straight from Sony's press release. The following passage courtesy of IGN (http://www.ign.com/a...shock-4-and-eye).

"Each system will ship a "Mono Headset" for cross-game chatand other social features.

I don't personally care, but this is what SOOO many people have been begging for for ages. I am suprised that this news has not been trending on the internet. lol

cross_game_chat.jpg

(Fan made image NOT OFFICIAL ADVERTISEMENT)

Edited by DanielVT
  • Like 1

More good news... not a feature that I cared too much about, but at least it will quiet a lot of the bitching about Playstation not having this.

Indeed, I think this probably was the most-wanted feature for the PS3 that it did not get. Sony really does seem to be listening intently to gamers and developers.

Has there been direct confirmation of cross-game chat? The term is only used once, and only because they're packaging a headset with the console. Doesn't really confirm anything.

Um....yeah, this is official. Too much information to be wrong. As in they say that each system comes with a headset for cross-chat.....what more do you need? lol Officially from Sony? Is that not official? :P

It's from the official press release, so I take that as a confirmation. Unless someone f'ed up.

Yeah, exactly, officially from Sony, means it is positively official! lol

• Like 1

It's from the official press release, so I take that as a confirmation. Unless someone f'ed up.

But that's the thing: the word is used once with absolutely no follow-up details.

This is something you'd expect to see much more coverage on, similar to how they've detail that it will not block pre-owned games.

Don't get me wrong, this is something I feel that both the PS3 and PS4 absolutely need to integrate immediately; I'd just rather they provide the necessary details to definitively confirm it.

EDIT: And again, it's not word from the mouth of a Sony representative; it's not even quoted. It's something typed out by whomever wrote the article for IGN.

Edited by KitsuneChaos

But that's the thing: the word is used once with absolutely no follow-up details.

This is something you'd expect to see much more coverage on, similar to how they've detail that it will not block pre-owned games.

Don't get me wrong, this is something I feel that both the PS3 and PS4 absolutely need to integrate immediately; I'd just rather they provide the necessary details to definitively confirm it.

EDIT: And again, it's not word from the mouth of a Sony representative; it's not even quoted. It's something typed out by whomever wrote the article for IGN.

Um....they got the specs from Sony (press release).... it's totally official. Also, they probably don't want some of this info to go viral as they are waiting for E3 to share the BIG announcements.

Edited by DanielVT

Not too important, but would be a cool feature. Also, I thought the reason they couldn't do this with the PS3 was because Microsoft wouldn't let them? I could be wrong.

Nope, that was a rumor started by Sony fanboys as an excuse to why the PS3 didn't have cross game chat. The real reason is because the PS3 doesn't have enough RAM to support that feature, and that is straight from Sony.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/08/19/ps3-cross-game-chat-is-never-coming

Even though cross game chat is a feature I will never (or very rarely) use, I'm glad it is coming to the PlayStation 4 so the people who have wanted it can finally be happy. I think the PlayStation 4 is going to be amazing and it really seems like Sony has listened to the gamers and developer for this next generation. Really excited.

Parker

Nope, that was a rumor started by Sony fanboys as an excuse to why the PS3 didn't have cross game chat. The real reason is because the PS3 doesn't have enough RAM to support that feature, and that is straight from Sony.

http://www.ign.com/a...is-never-coming

Even though cross game chat is a feature I will never (or very rarely) use, I'm glad it is coming to the PlayStation 4 so the people who have wanted it can finally be happy. I think the PlayStation 4 is going to be amazing and it really seems like Sony has listened to the gamers and developer for this next generation. Really excited.

Parker

Good shit then. I was unaware that it was just a rumor.

I somewhat agree with you that they listened to the gamers...Yes, regarding cross game chat, ability to play used games and all. However, the BC issue still persists. Sure, I own a PS2, PS3, etc., but I don't want to have to pay for the games I already own if I want to "stream" them to my PS4.

I am glad that they did listen on some matters for sure, but still is definitely not going to be a day one purchase for me. The PS3 still has way too much life in it and I never ever buy bugged ass first editions. They're inevitable.

http://www.ign.com/a...is-never-coming

Parker

I've enjoyed it every once in awhile on my Vita. I can see that it is a useful feature. Basically, Xbox fanboys will have nothing to hold over us anymore unless Microsoft decides to be original and create something no one has thought of for their system. (doubt it :P)

Good shit then. I was unaware that it was just a rumor.

I somewhat agree with you that they listened to the gamers...Yes, regarding cross game chat, ability to play used games and all. However, the BC issue still persists. Sure, I own a PS2, PS3, etc., but I don't want to have to pay for the games I already own if I want to "stream" them to my PS4.

I am glad that they did listen on some matters for sure, but still is definitely not going to be a day one purchase for me. The PS3 still has way too much life in it and I never ever buy bugged ass first editions. They're inevitable.

I am slightly bothered by the lack of backwards compatibility but I've read many an article stating that since the PS3 was cracked open there was no way Sony could have PS3 compatibility without sacrificing the security of the PS4. Whether that is true or not, I couldn't tell you but the articles I read made a very convincing argument.

Really, all I care about are games and Sony has shown that they are serious about having an awesome line up of games. I always buy PlayStation systems on launch and every single on of them works perfectly. My launch PlayStation, PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 60gb all work like they did the day I bought them and I've never had a single problem with any of them, except for lack of HDD space on my 60gb PS3. Obviously I'm aware that others have had issues with launch consoles, but I suppose I'm just lucky.

Parker

I am slightly bothered by the lack of backwards compatibility but I've read many an article stating that since the PS3 was cracked open there was no way Sony could have PS3 compatibility without sacrificing the security of the PS4. Whether that is true or not, I couldn't tell you but the articles I read made a very convincing argument.

Really, all I care about are games and Sony has shown that they are serious about having an awesome line up of games. I always buy PlayStation systems on launch and every single on of them works perfectly. My launch PlayStation, PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 60gb all work like they did the day I bought them and I've never had a single problem with any of them, except for lack of HDD space on my 60gb PS3. Obviously I'm aware that others have had issues with launch consoles, but I suppose I'm just lucky.

Parker

I've never had launch console issues either. Also, that argument against BC makes alot of sense. I'd rather have a safe system then BC. I trust in Sony. :)

Parker

I've never had launch console issues either. Also, that argument against BC makes alot of sense. I'd rather have a safe system then BC. I trust in Sony. :)

Damn. You guys are the lucky ones then :P I don't buy any 1st editions for many reasons, but that's just one of them. I look forward to hearing about your systems when you get them then! ^_^

Damn. You guys are the lucky ones then :P I don't buy any 1st editions for many reasons, but that's just one of them. I look forward to hearing about your systems when you get them then! ^_^

I'll be sure to post and brag and rave all about it! :devil: I am seriously thinking about going to the midnight launch....SERIOUSLY. lol That is how excited I am.