Frozen theme, precision jump.

The-Smiths-85

I've completed everything from Forest to Farm, yet I'm stuck on this one. I didn't even have a big problem with the infamous Forest precision jump (done it after a couple minutes) and done Urban challenge in second attempt. There's only one video on YT about this one and the guy was just lucky and didn't hit the red marker precisely. The game isn't as forgiving to me and even hitting the side of the ramp still counts as green marker. In my opinion this is probably the hardest thing in the game, not the infamous Forest jump or the air time. Does anyone has the solution for this? I could have completed the game today, yet this one wasted my plans. I've tried the mashing buttons method and three turbos - superjump - turbo and it doesn't do anything. This is one, effin' jump to be honest. Does it depends on luck, like most things in this game?

I will answer my own question, as I did it today, after 5-8minutes of trying - yes, it does depend on "luck". The game's mechanics has to work for you and not against you in your victorious attempt. :) I don't know if that would be an advice but:
1. Start from the top of the big mountain/ramp; from the spot where you're heading down. When you accelerate with "X"/"R2", try avoiding wobbling of the truck as it decreases your overall speed.

2. Use three turbos (along with the acceleration button) instantly after you see that you're not wobbling.

3. When you get very close to the end of the ramp, use superjump and fourth turbo. Use the replay button ("R3") when you see that you're not gonna make it. You probably gonna need a couple tries to finally do it.

I didn't land on the red marker directly, yet I did much better than the guy whose video is on YT. Hope it does help anyone trying to get a plat in this weak game. Good luck.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Thanks, I was having the exact same problem as you and after reading your post and using your method I got the three stars on my next attempt. 

Point 3 above is critical, the fourth boost after the superjump just gives you enough lift to hit the upper part of the platform. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, markcavan said:

Thanks, I was having the exact same problem as you and after reading your post and using your method I got the three stars on my next attempt. 

Point 3 above is critical, the fourth boost after the superjump just gives you enough lift to hit the upper part of the platform. 

That's so great to hear. I'm glad that my post helped someone. You're welcome bro!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...