Planet of the Apes Trophy Thoughts

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Heard the game is nothing but decision making, no character movement, no puzzle solving, no, well, nothing... which honestly make me not really want to play it as such now.

I think it could be cool. the worst part about telltale games for me is moving around. hopefully they will be able to have more complex branching storylines this way.

1 hour ago, AlphaTrash said:

Yeah I can get that.

I've always rated telltale games 1/10, they simply have too much moving to be enjoyable. 

It's nice to see the planet of the monkeys dev see it the same way we do and completely remove all of that boring fucking moving around. 

Hopefully there's no press x to wash your hands like in heavy rain and more just press x to tear the face from your victims, like chimps do irl.

Fingers crossed. 

Honestly just nice to see a game finally promote beastiality. #AboutTime #WeWereBornThisWay #What?WeCan'tHelpIt #StopLookingAtMeWeird 

befffa4e5e8b260ff7a7e34762dcc2bc.png

Umm, I hope your joking lol. However this game is gonna be fun.

Further, the game seeks to be an even closer intersection between games and films than similar products, such as Telltale titles. It will run between 2-3 hours and the player’s only input will be entirely choice-based decisions. There are no puzzles, no exploration, nor any direct control over characters.

From Wikipedia.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil said:

I didn't know we had people with giant sticks up their bum on this site. Gross!

Lol you’re joking right? I have no problem with someone being gay or having their kinks but Having intercourse with an animal is just beyond the line. You’re Acting like I’m the crazy one for not advocating for sex with animals. I can’t believe I’m even talking about this lol.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

1 hour ago, Leo_the_Lion25 said:

Did anyone managed to buy the game? It leaked early on the PSN Store and Sony pulled it. Also, I heard this has playlink. Is that required to get the Platinum Trophy or is it optional?

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/10/24/planet-of-the-apes-last-frontier-now-available

This says it uses the play link app, does not specify if it's required.

• 4 weeks later...
On 22.11.2017 at 2:45 PM, Alttairr said:

Any platinum guide??

On 23.11.2017 at 1:08 AM, killtubecameron said:

Not yet mate the game is new give it a few days maybe a week

I've got all but two regular trophies and I'm fairly sure I have an idea on what to do for one of those (but unsure about the other one). The trophy list itself is vague-ish, but also incredibly spoilery when it comes to some of the trophies. This game requires a lot of replaying to get all of the trophies, though three save slots and cloud saving will probably end up making it a fairly short platinum once someone figures out some good spots to (cloud) save during.

What I did to get the trophies (SPOILERS!; I moved all the gold trophies and the first three silver trophies to a second list so a quick glance won't instantly ruin all the trophy-related endings; the rest of the trophy list "unlock requirements" has heavy spoilers as well INCLUDING ending details!):

• Prologue: Complete the Prologue
  • Two Tribes: Complete Chapter 1, Two Tribes
  • Worlds Collide: Complete Chapter 2, Worlds Collide
  • Lines in the Sand: Complete Chapter 3, Lines in the Sand
  • Blood for Blood: Complete Chapter 4, Blood for Blood
  • Hail to the Chimp: Always pick options favouring Khan (and Clarence) when playing as Bryn throughout the game - in short, do not disobey your father. This will unlock during chapter 2 after the ambush.
  • Banana Daiquiri: Always pick options favouring Juno (the prologue choice between Oaka and Juno does not seem to matter) when playing as Bryn throughout the game AND choose "Save Juno" at the bridge on chapter 4. This will unlock during chapter 4 after you save Juno.
  • Orange is the New Black: Always pick options favouring Clarence and follow all of his advice when playing as Bryn throughout the game - in short, be wise. This will unlock during chapter 3 right before the attack on the town.
  • Monkey Love: Always pick options favouring Oaka (the prologue choice between Oaka and Juno does not seem to matter) when playing as Bryn throughout the game - in short, think of your family. This will unlock during chapter 5 right before you confront Tola.
  • Bad Apple: Always choose the options that follow Tola AND go against Oaka/Juno/Khan/Clarence when playing as Bryn throughout the game - in short, always pick the "negative" options. This will unlock during chapter 2 after the ambush.
  • Bad APEtitude: Always choose the options that follow Tola AND go against Oaka/Juno/Khan/Clarence when playing as Bryn throughout the game - in short, always pick the "negative" options. This will unlock during chapter 3 right before the attack on the town.
  • He Ain't Heavy, He's My Bonobo: Always pick options favouring Juno (the prologue choice between Oaka and Juno does not seem to matter) when playing as Bryn throughout the game, choose "Save Juno" at the bridge on chapter 4, AND choose "Mercy" at the end of the fight against Tola in chapter 5. This will unlock during chapter 5 after Juno attacks Tola.
  • Give Peace a Chance: Pick the option to let Maria out of her cage when playing as Bryn at the camp during chapter 5.
  • You Blew It All to Hell!: You must have successfully entered the peaceful ending route with both Jess and Bryn (Jess must be neutral or pro-ape throughout the game and Bryn must save Maria from the cage at the camp during chapter 5) and have Jess make whichever choice she has at the end of chapter 5 that is not "surrender" as that choice depends on who is alive at the time
  • Good Instincts: Always pick options that go against Willits and/or Reeves when playing as Jess throughout the game (so pick options that favour Rainey/Maria/Mark and/or the apes) and always pick hostile/rude options when talking to them. This will unlock during chapter 5 after Jess & co finish talking to Willits and Reeves at the town after the events at the bridge.
  • Mommy Dearest: Always pick options that favour Mark and show Jess's unguarded side (don't put up a strong front if you have an option to do otherwise) when playing as Jess throughout the game, succeed in saving Mark at the bridge during chapter 4 (either have Bryn shoot the ice after Jess tries to smash it with her fists or use the shotgun Maria throws to you after failing those parts), AND choose the "Shoot" conversation option in the ending confrontation during chapter 5.
  • Call a Medic!: You must have successfully entered the peaceful ending route with both Jess and Bryn (Jess must be neutral or pro-ape throughout the game and Bryn must save Maria from the cage at the camp during chapter 5), Mark has to have died during the events at the bridge in chapter 4 (as Bryn, choose to shoot at Jess and as Jess, fail all X prompts), Maria has to survive the attack at the armory during chapter 5 (either fail both of your "Escape" and "Attack" X prompts to have Maria save herself and you OR succeed on the "Attack" X prompt followed by succeeding on the "Shoot" X prompt afterwards), AND you must choose the "Shoot" conversation option in the ending confrontation during chapter 5.
  • Ape Lover: Always pick options favouring the apes when playing as Jess throughout the game and take every option to help out Clarence whenever you are able to (during torture, at the cage conversation, and at the town square). This trophy will unlock during chapter 4 after you convince everyone to spare Clarence.
  • Orange Squash: Always pick options that go against the apes (might not be necessary for this particular trophy) when playing as Jess throughout the game and choose to continue the torturing of Clarence during chapter 3 (make sure to "stay silent" when offered that option at the end of the scene)
  • Ice Breaker: Succeed in saving Mark at the bridge during chapter 4 (either have Bryn shoot the ice after Jess tries to smash it with her fists or use the shotgun Maria throws to you after failing those parts). It might be necessary to have a good relationship with Mark at this point as well as I did, but it's unconfirmed.
  • Wrath of Khan: Always choose the options that follow Tola AND go against Oaka/Juno/Khan/Clarence when playing as Bryn throughout the game (might not be necessary for this trophy?) AND choose to continue lying to Khan when asked about the attack on the cattle ranch. This will unlock during chapter 2 after Khan questions the brothers about how they got food.
  • Death in the Family: Mark has to die during the events at the bridge in chapter 4 (as Bryn, choose to shoot at Jess and as Jess, fail all X prompts)
  • Swim with the Fishes: As Bryn, choose to shoot at the ice during the events at the bridge in chapter 4 (unconfirmed if you can unlock it by shooting at Jess as well)
  • The Hateful Ape: As Bryn, choose the "No Mercy" option at the end of the confrontation against Tola during chapter 5.
  • Furball Firestarter: As Jess, choose to shoot the flare at the ape on the powerlines during the attack on the town in chapter 2 (unconfirmed if shooting a flare at the ape on top of the burning vehicle also counts)
  • Primate Instinct: As Jess, choose to pick up the spear (instead of the gun) in the old silver mines during chapter 3.

Ending Trophies:

• Ape-pocalypse Now: Complete Chapter 5, Truth Revealed, with specific characters surviving until the end only to die in the end cinematics. In order to do this, you must fail to enter the peaceful ending route with both Jess and Bryn while still keeping every necessary character alive until the end (specifically Juno, Bryn, and Tola have to be alive on the ape side and Jess, Rainey, Mark, Maria, Willits, and Reeves have to be alive on the human side). Bryn has to leave Maria in the cage and instead go warn Tola, and Jess has to be on bad terms with Willits and Reeves. This will result in all of the good guys losing in the final scenes.
  • Appy Ending: Complete Chapter 5, Truth Revealed, with all possible good characters surviving during the peaceful ending. Juno and Mark have to survive at the bridge in chapter 4 (and Mark has to survive the last confrontation in chapter 5 by having a good relationship with Jess), Maria has to be freed during chapter 5 (and has to survive the armory attack), Bryn has to defeat Tola (either himself or by having Juno help), and the end confrontation must be resolved via the "Shoot" conversation option. Mark definitely has to have a good relationship with Jess, but others may also have to have made positive choices as I did on my playthrough, but that is still unconfirmed.
  • Benedict Arnold: Complete Chapter 5, Truth Revealed, by having Jess betray both the humans and the apes. In order to do so, you have have Bryn complete his part of the peaceful ending route trigger (freeing Maria) BUT Jess has to have been making anti-ape decisions throughout the game. This will cause her to ally with Willits during chapter 5 at the "quarantine" automatically with no options taken after the bridge scene being able to influence that choice (you can tell if it's going to be this ending if Jess has the options of "Receptive" and "Skeptical" instead of "Demanding" and "Skeptical" for her final quarantine conversation with Willits).
  • The Greater Good: Complete Chapter 5, Truth Revealed, by having Jess make the ultimate sacrifice. In order to do so, you must have successfully entered the peaceful ending route with both Jess and Bryn (Jess must be neutral or pro-ape throughout the game and Bryn must save Maria from the cage at the camp during chapter 5), Mark has to die at the bridge during chapter 4, and Maria has to die during the armory attack (fail the "Escape" prompt, succeed on the "Attack" prompt, fail the "Shoot" prompt). At the end of the final confrontation during chapter 5, choose the "Taunt" choice followed by the "Detonate" choice.
  • PriMATES: Complete Chapter 5, Truth Revealed, with the peaceful ending (this requires for Jess to be neutral or pro-Ape the entire playthrough instead of making negative choices regarding apes AND for Bryn to save Juno on the bridge and to save Maria from her cage at the camp afterwards to start this path. Bryn must then defeat Tola back at the mountain lair either by choosing "Mercy" or "No Mercy" and Jess has to make whichever choice she has at the end that is not "surrender" as that choice depends on who is alive at the time)
  • Planet of the Apes: Complete Chapter 5, Truth Revealed, with the apes winning (this requires for Jess to be neutral or pro-Ape the entire playthrough instead of making negative choices regarding apes AND for Bryn to save Brutus on the bridge and to save Maria from her cage at the camp afterwards. Bryn must then lose to Tola back at the mountain lair by choosing "Mercy" and Jess has to make whichever choice she has at the end that is not "surrender" as that choice depends on who is alive at the time. An alternative way is to have Bryn follow Tola on everything and then complete the peaceful route, which will end up with Bryn betraying the humans after the attack on the train)
  • Planet of the Sapiens: Complete Chapter 5, Truth Revealed, with the human soldiers winning (there are several ways to achieve this ending, the two easiest requiring you to be anti-ape with Jess the entire playthrough or picking the "surrender" option with Jess at the end of the game if on the peaceful route)

The two trophies I haven't unlocked yet:

• Bedtime for Juno: I have no idea. It's not for having Juno die from you saving Brutus and it doesn't appear to be from being negative/positive towards Juno throughout the game and then letting him die. Might be specific choices or might be buggy? Or maybe there's an alternate Juno scene somewhere that I haven't seen. EDIT: One user has at least earned it on the bridge scene in chapter 4, exact requirements still unknown.
  • Make it Rain: I think this is for having Rainey end up as the leader by the end of the game. Maybe be positive towards Rainey and always listen to him? There seems to be an ending where Rainey and Jess talks after Mark (and possibly Maria?) has died AND the crops were saved during the attack on the town.
Edited by zadorvp

On 10/23/2017 at 1:23 AM, DarkHpokinsn said:

Lol you’re joking right? I have no problem with someone being gay or having their kinks but Having intercourse with an animal is just beyond the line. You’re Acting like I’m the crazy one for not advocating for sex with animals. I can’t believe I’m even talking about this lol.

Giant woosh. 

7 hours ago, Dwightsarmy14 said:

for those who have played it is this game any good?

I love the new planet of the apes movies but find this game pretty boring honestly which is unfortunate. There is zero gameplay just you making choices which is fine as long as the story is engaging enough which it is not in any way shape or form.