What do you think of the new GT Sport?

MrCobra0007

All, well, GT Sport has been out for a while and I was wondering what the verdict is on this one?  I cancelled my preorder after the beta tryout, figuring I might pick it up later when the price drops, and the prognosis is good.

So, what do you think?  Good?  Bad?  

It is good, but it gets boring quickly as there is lack of content and most of it is online gameplay, i do not recommend it if you are looking for the old GT style, if you are looking for a online race game this is the one to get as there are rules for the online gameplay, i did not try the online so i cannot comment on that part of the game.

I really like it, its's something new and not the usual improvement over the last "chapter". The online races are fun, even if you don't win, because you get the vibe of a real competition. Sure, there is a lack of content and it may get a bit repetitive, since the online races change only a couple of times a week, but I don't care because I'm having fun. Even waiting for the event to start doesn't get me annoyed, because it feels really like waiting to enter an "official" event. My only regret are the championships, since they are playable only during the evening for now and it's not a good time for me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

they just kill the franchise.

gt5 was not that good and gt6 was mediocre. and this one..... well unfinished in 1st place and the online focus is just a bad approch.

sameone said that you should get all lincenses on gold and get better, ok how can i win agaisnt steering well players whit a controller? and what about people whit bad internet connection? casual gamers that don't have time to ''get better'' and long time fans that just hate online.

i will never spend any more money whit gt unless they get back to the gt1/2 formula.

buy old > race > upgrade >race > buy another > race .....repeat

7 hours ago, Facas said:

they just kill the franchise.

gt5 was not that good and gt6 was mediocre. and this one..... well unfinished in 1st place and the online focus is just a bad approch.

sameone said that you should get all lincenses on gold and get better, ok how can i win agaisnt steering well players whit a controller? and what about people whit bad internet connection? casual gamers that don't have time to ''get better'' and long time fans that just hate online.

i will never spend any more money whit gt unless they get back to the gt1/2 formula.

buy old > race > upgrade >race > buy another > race .....repeat

Just practice and you will get better. It's all about skill. I usually win over half the races I'm in and I'm driving with the standard car, automatic transmission and a controller. There are still a couple of seconds up to the top times, but it's definitely possible to get into or near the top ten times with a controller only.

And I haven't practiced that much. An hour here and there and you should be able to get that trophy.  At least if you de-rank yourself when you meet your limit.

6 hours ago, Norway02 said:

Just practice and you will get better. It's all about skill. I usually win over half the races I'm in and I'm driving with the standard car, automatic transmission and a controller. There are still a couple of seconds up to the top times, but it's definitely possible to get into or near the top ten times with a controller only.

And I haven't practiced that much. An hour here and there and you should be able to get that trophy.  At least if you de-rank yourself when you meet your limit.

i do understand you but i really liked the idea of the first 2 games. buy the best second hand car w the 10.000cr you had at the bigining and climb your way up until you can buy a modest yet new 4wd car. selling every thing you don't need just for those 4th level engine upgrade.

to play online we already have project cars, asseto corsa....... at least they are complete games.

Edited by Facas

1 hour ago, Facas said:

i do understand you but i really liked the idea of the first 2 games. buy the best second hand car w the 10.000cr you had at the bigining and climb your way up until you can buy a modest yet new 4wd car. selling every thing you don't need just for those 4th level engine upgrade.

to play online we already have project cars, asseto corsa....... at least they are complete games.

I do understand that. Luckily the patch that comes now in December will introduce the classic gt cups that you have been waiting for. So in a couple of weeks at least part of your wish will be fulfilled.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a question if somebody knows.

For what game creates GT folder on USB stick? I thought it's for pictures, but those are saving in separate pictures folder.

Also I can't use as background pictures created in GT, then saved on USB  and copied to IMAGE folder of PS4. Its says unknown format...

• 3 weeks later...

I love it. I was a little unsure at first due to the initial lack of content. I think if you don't like online racing you might want to skip out on this.

Besides the penalty system issues, I wish they changed the races every few hours instead of daily. If you don't have time to do a 20 lap race, you're only left with a one make or Gr3 race to do for that day.

Every update makes the game better, there is a proper campaign mode now which imo is boring after racing real people. I like the balance of play feature but it would be great if we could tweak our car settings during practice / qualifying (not power/weight/ratio).

I have loved every GT game except 5. 6 is probably my favourite as it feels closest to GT2 in terms of content and feel, but one thing I will say is while the car sounds have been improved massively, some of them still sound awful. This is especially noticeable as I have been bouncing between this and Driveclub.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/7/2018 at 0:33 PM, Lorajet said:

How about an update on GT Sport?  With all the updates they have added, is it now the game we all wanted?  I was wondering if I should pick it up to add to my impossible backlog of games. 

I don't know why everyone complains about this game, for me it was pretty clear that this game had a focus on e-sports, so it would mainly online. The real shame for me is not having a proper Gran Turismo 7, with tons of content like 5.

With all the updates, content-wise I feel it similar to 6, with a little less gimmicky events (like the moon stages) but with more instructional events and WAY less cars and upgrade options. If you wanted to have 20 versions of the Skyline and choose your upgrades, it's not for you, because now you can only buy packages of power and weight reduction, instead of individual pieces. At least, the car setup options are the same. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/4/2018 at 10:24 AM, BlackSquirrell1 said:

Regarding gameplay and the handling using a DS controller, has the handling improved when racing versus GT 5 or 6 or is a wheel definitely required?

Plat is 100% doable with a controller. Wheel is always going to make 99% of people more competitive if they put in the time with it, but if you're just looking to have fun, the DualShock is perfectly fine.