Lagoon Aris

What happens when you don't renew your subscription?

10 posts in this topic

I bought the game this month, having lots of fun with it so far and intend to play it for the coming months or year (at least).
Now, I've got a huge problem with my internet provider which resulted in me being not able to use PSN anymore atm, including FF14.
I hope the problem will be solved soon enough and I still got abut 12 days left from my first month subscription but in case I don't get the problem solved within this time span I don't want to buy a new subscription until I can use online features again. My main reason is that I don't like paying for stuff that I can't use since I'm already quite limited in my budget and don't want to waste any of that.

So, my main question as stated in the headline is: What happens to my account and my characters when I don't renew the subscription? Do I lose everything I've got so far? Or is my character and account safe for a definite time of span before it gets deleted? Or won't it be deleted at all?
I would be glad, if someone here knows an answer to that question.

You don't lose anything character-wise, but if you own a house, then it will be confiscated after a month of inactivity.

It just goes inactive. I had my stuff from a couple months after PS3 launch. So don't worry about stuff getting deleted.

Well, I don't own a house, so no problem with this.

Thanks for the answers you to. That's one less thing to worry about :D 

You might keep apartments which is probably the only housing a new player would be able to maybe get. Houses are probably the worst done aspect of that game and has been shit since their launch.

Like others said, everything will stay the same and wait for you to come back except housing after a set time. If you are a guild master, your master status will be transferred to an active member in the guild, which is another thing to note.

Make sure your subscription is not set to auto-renew. I'm not sure where you see if it's going to charge you next month. If you don't find anything in Mogstation, it's a good idea to check your PayPal for auto-recurring subscriptions too if you paid via PayPal account.

Since I couldn't add any payment methods so far (even not Paypal) I don't have to worry about auto-renew. But thx for the note 

can anyone tell me how to renew the subscription.  Mine expires in 12 hours and i don't see anywhere to renew it????

34 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

can anyone tell me how to renew the subscription.  Mine expires in 12 hours and i don't see anywhere to renew it????

You can do it on the Mogstation!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing that happens if you don't re-sub is that you can't play. Mine is up on Dec 4th. I still need the Fishing, Fate, and Levequest trophies.