What happens when you don't renew your subscription?

I bought the game this month, having lots of fun with it so far and intend to play it for the coming months or year (at least).
Now, I've got a huge problem with my internet provider which resulted in me being not able to use PSN anymore atm, including FF14.
I hope the problem will be solved soon enough and I still got abut 12 days left from my first month subscription but in case I don't get the problem solved within this time span I don't want to buy a new subscription until I can use online features again. My main reason is that I don't like paying for stuff that I can't use since I'm already quite limited in my budget and don't want to waste any of that.

So, my main question as stated in the headline is: What happens to my account and my characters when I don't renew the subscription? Do I lose everything I've got so far? Or is my character and account safe for a definite time of span before it gets deleted? Or won't it be deleted at all?
I would be glad, if someone here knows an answer to that question.

Like others said, everything will stay the same and wait for you to come back except housing after a set time. If you are a guild master, your master status will be transferred to an active member in the guild, which is another thing to note.

Make sure your subscription is not set to auto-renew. I'm not sure where you see if it's going to charge you next month. If you don't find anything in Mogstation, it's a good idea to check your PayPal for auto-recurring subscriptions too if you paid via PayPal account.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

How does the renew system work? I subscribed for the first time nearly 4 weeks ago, my subscription ends in the next 3 days. I don't want to renew for now because the game is too busy and I've barely been able to log in the past 3 days because of the Endwalker patch... I deleted my credit card details but on my list subscriptions it says Final Fantasy XIV - 30 day cycle, next bill date is 10th Dec with end date being 9th Dec. The website is a mess and confusing asf, how do I know if my subscription will renew and how do I stop it? I don't want to be charged for something I can't play! 

On 12/6/2021 at 8:09 AM, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

How does the renew system work? I subscribed for the first time nearly 4 weeks ago, my subscription ends in the next 3 days. I don't want to renew for now because the game is too busy and I've barely been able to log in the past 3 days because of the Endwalker patch... I deleted my credit card details but on my list subscriptions it says Final Fantasy XIV - 30 day cycle, next bill date is 10th Dec with end date being 9th Dec. The website is a mess and confusing asf, how do I know if my subscription will renew and how do I stop it? I don't want to be charged for something I can't play! 

Once you become a subscribed player, you can never go back to being a trial player unless you start a new account and completely start over with a new character. You will be locked out until you renew your subscription. I hope this helps!