Self boost possible with Vita

cris3f

I didn't find this info anywhere else so I'm sharing it. If you have the Vita version too with the HD and Fury expansions you can self boost 3 of the 4 online trophies:

Connected 1
Connected 2
AG Assassin

Just create a race or eliminator event on PS3 in the online section, then on the Vita in the cross-play section your games will appear and you'll be able to join it. Couldn't get the tournament to work, but since there's no Vita tournaments I wasn't expecting this one to be possible.

PS3 and Vita can be on the same PSN account.

Pity it's not the other way back too. Wipeout 2048 online is really long.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sergen said:

You can also add a vita to a Bling Brigade lobby if you have completed the campaign of WipEout HD with a vita, thus giving you another person for the lobby that requires 8 people to be in it. 

The Bling Brigade trophy isn't specific on this but here in the guide says the players must finish the race. If that's the case it's not going to be easy to finish it at the same time with the PS3 and the Vita ?. Unless you have 2 persons on your side. This won't be a problem if you can DNF and still meet the requirements. It will come very handy to me as I still have to do it.

Weirdly I have not completed the HD campaign on the VIta but I think I have the chrome skins unlocked.

6 minutes ago, cris3f said:

The Bling Brigade trophy isn't specific on this but here in the guide says the players must finish the race. If that's the case it's not going to be easy to finish it at the same time with the PS3 and the Vita 1f600.png. Unless you have 2 persons on your side. This won't be a problem if you can DNF and still meet the requirements. It will come very handy to me as I still have to do it.

Weirdly I have not completed the HD campaign on the VIta but I think I have the chrome skins unlocked.

You can get Bling Brigade even if you get "DNF" at the end of a match, I've helped many people with the trophy and got it at times where I didn't move at all, just by being in the race. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for this tip

Took me a while to work out how to get it set up as, like the idiot I am, I kept making the games Friends Only and so they never showed up on the Vita.

Easiest way is to set up a 12 race tournament and get the vita screen showing the cross play screen. As soon as the races are set up your game should appear on the vita. Select it and click join game

Playing all 12 races nets you connected 1 and 2 and endurance. Once you are finished change the game type to Eliminator and ramp up the required score to win to 600. Then just keep destroying your vita self. Three matches will be more than enough for AG Assassin

I played this game for about half an hour 8 years ago and now the server closures have brought me back to it and 2048 on vita.