Trophy Thoughts?

Well this one looks to be a tad harder and more grindy then the past title on the vita and the two idolm@ster games.
Not sure if I will be able to obtain this plat but will still give it a good shot.

Getting to level 50 ranked matches indicates that this would be online functions,
Trophies like: Attain 10,000 hits through consecutive full combo clears on 8☆ or higher songs in Extreme could also provide some challenges as well, Given I assume Extreme is Oni level.

While I was hoping the Japanese and English Asian releases had thier own trophy lists at this stage it would seem they share the same list and given Bandai's games lately I can not see another list showing up.

Hmm. This seems like it’s going to be tough. But I’m hoping that having the special drum controller will help make things a little easier. 

Plus a lot of the trophies require you to complete songs on higher difficulties which will prove challenging for me.

Edited by scarishbal

14 minutes ago, scarishbal said:

Hmm. This seems like it’s going to be tough. But I’m hoping that having the special drum controller will help make things a little easier. 

Plus a lot of the trophies require you to complete songs on higher difficulties which will prove challenging for me.

The only good thing so far is Let It Go (Japanese Version) is on the list. I know at the arcade games even on Oni that song is rated under 5 out of 10 in the past.

• Like 1

I was on board until I saw winning 10 ranked matches in a row. Getting 10,000 consecutive hits in 8 star songs will be a bitch, too. The only way I see that being possible is if you can Retry during a song and not break the streak. They definitely took off the kiddie gloves for this one. I was looking forward to a nice, simple Plat like the last two times.

4 hours ago, CjShai said:

Let it Go in Japanese, well thats something I haven't tried yet 1f602.png

4 hours ago, Seibei4211 said:

I was on board until I saw winning 10 ranked matches in a row. Getting 10,000 consecutive hits in 8 star songs will be a bitch, too. The only way I see that being possible is if you can Retry during a song and not break the streak. They definitely took off the kiddie gloves for this one. I was looking forward to a nice, simple Plat like the last two times.

8 hours ago, kuuhaku said:

Online trophies 344283131404091392.png

The combo ones will really depend on the songs in the game. If they're on the same level as the vita game it shouldn't be a problem.

Providing they keep the same structure which normally they do Oni perfect does not seem to bad on this song. Hopefully you can keep repeating the same song

15 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Providing they keep the same structure which normally they do Oni perfect does not seem to bad on this song. Hopefully you can keep repeating the same song

That's all well and good for some trophies, but it wouldn't work for the trophy I'm referring to. 8 star difficulty or higher. That's easy enough to pass, but I can't think of any 8 star song in any of the games I have that I could do perfectly 5-7 times in a row.

Edit: So looking at the trophy description again, it says to attain 10,000 hits from consecutive full combos. Now most of the games keep that counter of how many hits you've had total, and it includes drum roll hits and the like. So if the trophy is to simply increase that counter by 10,000 from full combo clears, then it's slightly easier. I also do think it's a distinct possibility that the game will let you retry during a song without breaking the combo as long as you don't encounter a clear screen. Looking at the possible 8 star songs, I'm thinking these two are the best bets. The first one would take 20 plays (or fewer if the drum roll theory is correct) and the second would take 34 plays or fewer. First one takes a bit more skill. I don't think a novice Taiko player could FC either one though. You still need some decent skill.

Edited by Seibei4211

...Jeez, 800+ and 999+ combo? Consecutive full combo clears... on 8☆ Extreme(i'm assuming Oni) songs? And I thought the 600+ combo on the Idolmaster game was bad... and to top it all off, online ranked trophies?

wF6TbtY.png

taiko why you do this

Hoping the consecutive full combo will let you "cheat" and exit/retry if you miss a note, also hoping the "get 2 crowns on the same song" trick still works in this game for the 45+ different Extreme clears needed

Edited by Zanreo

2 hours ago, DesuDesuNya said:

I won them all by a large gap and got Rank 20 too. Maybe there's some kind of cap with that.

I should not be surprised but two people already have the plat. with times under 10 hours.

I think 10 wins in a row is going to be a hard task, internet is poor over here so there is a slight lag when doing it online resulting to me getting a lot more ok hits and not good.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Zanreo said:

Ah, I see... (wait nevermind that was also the same "ranked" thing)

Online trophies are still a pain though

Yeah, and keep in mind the songs are randomized. The highest streak I've gotten is like 4.

I've been streaming this game yesterday for a good 2+ hours (video below). I have to say the online win & combo-streak on oni trophies are going to be a pain in the rear to unlock...

Also unrelated but from what I've heard, if I understood something I read about the game right: apparently the in-game language defaults to whatever you have set for your console (out of the existing languages, and shows up as English if you have it set to something else than Japanese, Chinese or Korean). So is this the case even for the Japanese version (which I guess would make them the same game just with different language box?)

Edited by Zanreo

23 minutes ago, Zanreo said:

Also unrelated but from what I've heard, if I understood something I read about the game right: apparently the in-game language defaults to whatever you have set for your console (out of the existing languages, and shows up as English if you have it set to something else than Japanese, Chinese or Korean). So is this the case even for the Japanese version (which I guess would make them the same game just with different language box?)

Well I can tell you that there is no Language option in the settings menu. However at the very start of the game you are asked to agree to 14+pages of terms and agreements, I recall you were able to change the language of this agreement so it may change the game language depending on what you have picked for you accept the terms.

It might not change it but its worth a shot.

1 hour ago, K_Groove_NL said:

Yeah, and keep in mind the songs are randomized. The highest streak I've gotten is like 4.

I've been streaming this game yesterday for a good 2+ hours (video below). I have to say the online win & combo-streak on oni trophies are going to be a pain in the rear to unlock..

I have given up on getting the plat, The ranking mood is a terrible system, you get a full combo and still lose, it's like a slap in the face right there,
There is way too many trophies of doing something in row. It's an alright game but it has nothing on the vita version.

You start to see the same usernames come up in the ranking battle and your like yep you have destroyed me the last 3 times, but guess what if you exit the game once the rank is setup (before you even start the song) it's still classed as a loss and game gives you a nice little you quit or lost connection last time so you lose a ranking point.

Edited by fisty123

12 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Well I can tell you that there is no Language option in the settings menu. However at the very start of the game you are asked to agree to 14+pages of terms and agreements, I recall you were able to change the language of this agreement so it may change the game language depending on what you have picked for you accept the terms.

It might not change it but its worth a shot.

Alright, because I was considering just buying the Japanese version (since it's way easier to get hold of from a wider variety of places, gives me more options including possibly getting it cheaper) if that would still give me the option to play the English-language version. Of course I could just still play it in Japanese like all my other imported rhythm games but now that I have the option to play it in a language I understand I would of course prefer that and go for that opportunity x3

Edited by Zanreo

1 hour ago, Zanreo said:

No, the JP version is fully Japanese. Only the HK will switch to English if you've English set on your console settings :)