Trophy Thoughts?

8 hours ago, fisty123 said:

I should not be surprised but two people already have the plat. with times under 10 hours.

I think 10 wins in a row is going to be a hard task, internet is poor over here so there is a slight lag when doing it online resulting to me getting a lot more ok hits and not good.

I got the 10 wins in a row straight away, only thing I'm worried about is facing the Taiko gods up at Rank 50. Try playing without Shin-Uchi (the icon that appears when pressing Triangle on the confirmation screen). This uses the Normal score system which prefers combo over accuracy 

Edit: So to activate the Normal score system, you want the icon to not be there

Edited by DesuDesuNya

22 hours ago, JustOneStingray said:

I just bought it here in japan and it's in english for me I dont think that language switching feature is hk exclusive.

Alright, I also heard other reports that any version of the game will change language according to what you set on your console

So I guess the only difference is the packaging and I might not have to look for the English sub version (is it even stocked anywhere but play-asia? I'd prefer lots of options to easier find the cheapest price haha) after all if the JP version also switches to English

Edited by Zanreo

2 hours ago, Zanreo said:

Alright, I also heard other reports that any version of the game will change language according to what you set on your console

So I guess the only difference is the packaging and I might not have to look for the English sub version (is it even stocked anywhere but play-asia? I'd prefer lots of options to easier find the cheapest price haha) after all if the JP version also switches to English

This is right, JP version will work fine

I've seen a few people around the place say the Japanese & Asian versions are the same, the JPN one defaults to english & DLC from one version works with the other. I just grabbed the bundle version from Amazon Japan since that's the most affordable option for me. The trophies look like a bit of a bugger but I got the Vita plat without having played any games in the series before that & I'm hoping things will go smoothly with the drum controller. No harm done if it arrives and I don't get the will to platinum, got to support this type of game!

Edited by readytofuky

On 10/26/2017 at 1:42 AM, fisty123 said:

Well this gaming session is a lot worse every rank match I get everyone is getting full combos, was up to rank 23 but now back down to rank 19. I think I might wait for the drum control to arrive.

Hold up. So Rank 50 isn't just a matter of getting enough XP to level up? You have to just be some kind of Taiko god and keep winning until you're Rank 50? What the hell is wrong the people who made this trophy list?

4 hours ago, Seibei4211 said:

Hold up. So Rank 50 isn't just a matter of getting enough XP to level up? You have to just be some kind of Taiko god and keep winning until you're Rank 50? What the hell is wrong the people who made this trophy list?

I just checked and rank is saved locally its not really an online thing because you are just playing replays of other people. So if you are having trouble getting the 10 win streak for example if you back up a save after each win you can reload it if you lose and not lose the streak, same goes for rank if you lose the match you can reload from a back up and it will be like you never played the match and you will get a new one.

9 hours ago, Seibei4211 said:

I mean Rank 50 is only halfway up there. (Max rank seems to be 99). The skill level of people at Rank 40-50 seems to be good but not godly. And you don't rank down after every loss, you only lose one coin.

Nothing is wrong with anyone because they wanted achievements to be difficult

8 hours ago, JustOneStingray said:

I just checked and rank is saved locally its not really an online thing because you are just playing replays of other people. So if you are having trouble getting the 10 win streak for example if you back up a save after each win you can reload it if you lose and not lose the streak, same goes for rank if you lose the match you can reload from a back up and it will be like you never played the match and you will get a new one.

I don't have PLUS yet to back up my save to the cloud storage, but this is def. a great tip. Somebody should confirm this :)

On 10/23/2017 at 7:15 PM, fisty123 said:

Well this one looks to be a tad harder and more grindy then the past title on the vita and the two idolm@ster games.
Not sure if I will be able to obtain this plat but will still give it a good shot.

Getting to level 50 ranked matches indicates that this would be online functions,
Trophies like: Attain 10,000 hits through consecutive full combo clears on 8☆ or higher songs in Extreme could also provide some challenges as well, Given I assume Extreme is Oni level.

While I was hoping the Japanese and English Asian releases had thier own trophy lists at this stage it would seem they share the same list and given Bandai's games lately I can not see another list showing up.

If it's similar to the other Taiko games, which is most definitely so, then they will be fun and challenging. Which is good!

1 hour ago, Faereman said:

Welp, I just learned the hard way that you can't perfect the same song over and over for the 10K combo trophy...

I'm a little upset

Are you sure? when doing the 2k one I used the same song like 5 times without issue. Maybe the tracking is just buggy because I noticed with the one for clear 5 songs on oni in ascending star order I actually had to clear 6. Did 2-6 star and nothing but when I did 2-7 I got it after 7.

Yup, I'm definitely sure, and it was the 8* one, since I want to get both at once.

I FC'd Kagekiyo 14 times in a row and the trophy didn't appear unfortunately. I even FC'd Tsunagare!Hinogare!Uchiagare! right after and still nothing.

Maybe you can do the same song multiple times for the "easier" trophies idk.

Edit : JustOneStingray, for the trophy for 5 clears in ascending order, all 5 songs need to have different ratings, that's why you didn't get it after your second 6*.

Edited by Faereman