MaxieM0us3

Update 1.04 Makes Games Shorter

8 posts in this topic

As you may not know, the recent patch 1.04 gives you the option to make the games shorter or longer, reducing the required time for the 30 matches and, extensively, the Platinum!

Just a question: do you guys can give me an estimated length of a game with this option? How many hours for the Platinum now? I’ll update this to the trophy guide.

the default is now "medium", which visits 3 areas per game. There's "long" (4) and "short" (2), so the plat's essentially 33% faster

If I were to pick a short length game for 6 players for the Prolific Creators trophy, then will the trophy still pop despite it being a short length game? If anyone can confirm this before I try this myself, then please do! 

@Seskinator You’ll need to have the 6 questions played and answered to unlock the trophy. There aren’t other ways around.

Oddly enough, someone reported me about an issue he got since the patch 1.04 came. He says that now you can only set your game with “long game” which is now 5 rounds + the final round. This isn’t enough to play all 6 user-made questions because you need 6 rounds before the final round.

This can mean that modifying the game has made unintentionally the trophy unachievable and so the Platinum. For anyone reading this, if you haven’t updated the game to 1.04, don’t update it just in case.

Strangely enough, at least a player gets Prolific Creators every single day but since the 24th October, no more players got it. If anyone finds a way to get 6 rounds or a way to get this trophy under the 1.04 update, please tell us.

Edited by Maxie Mouse

it should still take the same amount of time, right? when I was grinding I was playing two player mode which only had two rounds anyway. I guess it would make the 3, 4, 5, and 6 player rounds that you have to play for the trophies faster. maybe it would shave an hour or two off the overall time.

I'm glad I didn't get this done before as I planned.

I started the game thinking it would be fun with the gf but it turned out it's garbage (imo).

9 hours ago, Maxie Mouse said:

@Seskinator You’ll need to have the 6 questions played and answered to unlock the trophy. There aren’t other ways around.

Oddly enough, someone reported me about an issue he got since the patch 1.04 came. He says that now you can only set your game with “long game” which is now 5 rounds + the final round. This isn’t enough to play all 6 user-made questions because you need 6 rounds before the final round.

This can mean that modifying the game has made unintentionally the trophy unachievable and so the Platinum. For anyone reading this, if you haven’t updated the game to 1.04, don’t update it just in case.

Strangely enough, at least a player gets Prolific Creators every single day but since the 24th October, no more players got it. If anyone finds a way to get 6 rounds or a way to get this trophy under the 1.04 update, please tell us.

This is very interesting...I'm sure the devs will pick up on this soon and patch it if this is truly the case. I'm planning to go for the Prolific Creators trophy tonight with emulators so I will let you guys know if it pops successfully for me. I also read elsewhere that someone got the trophy even before all 6 questions were used in the game. They said it popped for him after the 4th or 5th question. 

Regardless, I'll keep you folks updated after I try later tonight. 

I just tried twice and the trophy didn't pop.  I had six devices connected and the game length set to long (which only gives 5 rounds).  The Prolific Creator is therefore unachievable as of now.  Just saw the other post on here that there is still a way to obtain the trophy, going to try now.

Edited by stupid0089