Replaying SEV2 on PS3 Years Later

snacklepuss

As I stated in another PS3 post. I got my soldering iron out, heat gun station fired up and fixed my trusty old PS3 and put a 500GB hard disk in her.

I was shocked at how Great this game still is, and how good the PS3 STILL is also. I am now  looking at playing games on PS3 I never knew existed.

Not only was it brilliant then, SEV2, but now as I am replaying the full game from start to finish on SE MODE, its even better now, for some strange reason.

I think its due to over time *Platted* that upon replay you realize its not as easy, but a more simple shooter stealth games in comparison to the new fancy SE games.

Off you go on your mission thinking you might remember every nook and cranny which is not the case, especially when getting used to the controls.

But its even more difficult because this game, or rather the map and character was ported into Zombie Army Trilogy (ZAT) in a weird alternate reality.

Sub consciously thats where the odd confusion kicks in making the replay a great experience......

I platted ZAT and love that game, but if anyone hasnt played this game, I suggest you play it immediately. The thing I havent tried yet is the MP in this day and age.

Those Bombing missions were the best. Co op, I remember it being so positive as it introduced me to so many decent people from around the world. 

A normal day was, "I`ll have one or two MP games and then I`ll go and do that other thing in the City Centre"

So I would be playing MP and when it was over the next thing I am on the Mic for nearly 24 hours solid with an american guy, or someone from England/Australia going for Co Op trophies.

In actual fact it was an Israeli Military Guy ( IRL ) who helped me plat the game and he knew every thing about that game down the timing of the planes over head.

(In Belfast N.Ireland if you are Protestant, its preferred if you support Israeli's and Catholics if they support Palestine and the same with Celtic and Rangers LoL)

ME: I AM ME: I AM NEITHER: I SEE PEOPLE AS HUMAN BEINGS: 

Point is, get this game if you have a PS3 and I guarantee an experience like no other.

Some of those seemingly impossible Trophies are actually so simple to get you dont know how you never spotted the technique.

EXAMPLE: 

Make Every Bullet Count
Complete a level with 100% accuracy, using only rifles.

I was on every chapter/mission trying this for hours at a time and I got so good at it: I was overly confident.

EXAMPLE SIMPLIFIED:

To get that trophy.  After you shoot Von Eisenberg ( I ALWAYS SHOOT HIM AFTER I SHOOT THE GUY HES MEETING) 

Prologue I think. So after heading back the way you came, and crouching through a gap, the tank shoots the wall behind you:

Simpy observe, then crouch and sneak past the enemy to the building facing you.

At the top of the stairs kill 1 enemy RIFLE No Scope and run out the window. Mission Ends. Job Done

Kilroy was Here
Make it through the tower to the winch room without being spotted

<-- Same again...

Observe the enemy in a loop and sneak past so quick its funny when you realize how you perceived it.

I Hope the MP is working I really do.  SEV2 was what got me into recording and uploading my Games and becoming a "YOUTUBER"

Just a post with nostalgia involved...Had to get it out.

• Like 1

Had a lot of fun with this game. Got the platinum too. I still need to finish SE3 now that I think about it. Only a few more trophies but I haven't played it in a long time. I have ZAT also but I haven't played it yet. My backlog is insane.

• Like 1

FUN...It converted me from the odd game here and there to FULLY Fledged die hard Gamer.

Oh BTW I recently posted in SE III about platting SE III as I also need a couple of Co/MP Trophies. 

Let me know and I will send the FR to your PSN ID.

For SE III I need CO/MP trophies for Plat.

Sniping with friends
Complete the campaign in co-op ( I have 20% completed) but will do 100% or more with anyone if need be.

The Everyman
Complete all the challenge missions (This is a brilliant Trophy as its a very good gaming experience)

(For encouragement: I posted one of the Co Op challenges on My YT called "Radio Silence

You'll try anything once
Play 1 mission in each mode (campaign, challenges, competitive multiplayer)

I have the PS4 plat. I obtained it by creating and becoming the "owner" of a Community on PS4 Called

The Ribbon and Trophy Farm for SE3 and ZAT

but as its PS4 not many PS3 get involved. 90 members so far.

EDIT: HERES THAT VIDEO ON PS4 WHICH CAME ABOUT BY STARTING THE COMMUNITY

Edited by snacklepuss
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

@snacklepuss
You and I should co op Sniper Elite V2 and 3 on the PS3?!? 
I have Platinum a few times on PS4 for SE3, SE4 and also ZAT.  The guy I am friends with that helped me do ZT in about 15hrs is actually the leaderboard World Champion by way more points that maybe number 2 to 10 combined. He knows this game :) and showed me so many glitches and pretty much dragged me through the hard bits so I could just collect the trophies.

I bought a PS3 a few months ago so I could play a bunch of great games. As you said, this machine has stood the test of time really well. 
I just bought another PS3 tonight! I was going to MP with myself, since most of my games are digital I can run on 2 machines using 2 accounts. But I would love to work with a devoted fan? If you're up for it, I'd Love It

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 1/19/2018 at 8:50 AM, marko_cruise said:

@snacklepuss
You and I should co op Sniper Elite V2 and 3 on the PS3?!? 
I have Platinum a few times on PS4 for SE3, SE4 and also ZAT.  The guy I am friends with that helped me do ZT in about 15hrs is actually the leaderboard World Champion by way more points that maybe number 2 to 10 combined. He knows this game :) and showed me so many glitches and pretty much dragged me through the hard bits so I could just collect the trophies.

I bought a PS3 a few months ago so I could play a bunch of great games. As you said, this machine has stood the test of time really well. 
I just bought another PS3 tonight! I was going to MP with myself, since most of my games are digital I can run on 2 machines using 2 accounts. But I would love to work with a devoted fan? If you're up for it, I'd Love It

And now that we are friends on PSN we can work on this if you havent already done the 2xPS3s which I was thinking of doing to speed up this SEIII Co/Mp Trophy:  I just plattted Mad Max tonight: Liked it a lot: