HITMAN - GOTY Edition Announced !

itachi-destroyer

HITMAN Game of the year edition has just been announced by io interactive and it contains everything that was in the complete first season plus a lot of other things. 

As the official site says, the  package includes : "The Complete First Season, the brand new ‘Patient Zero’ campaign, new Escalation Contracts, new weapons, new suits, new challenges, improvements to existing features and new lighting enhancements to all locations that make the game look better than ever – plus we have a few more surprises!"

Here are some information on the new Patient Zero campaign : 

New: Patient Zero Campaign
After the routine elimination of a target, a contingency plan to unleash a global pandemic is triggered and Agent 47 must race against the clock to prevent a virus from spreading. This four-mission campaign spans different locations in the game, each one re-worked from the original settings with new gameplay opportunities, disguises, characters, challenges, gameplay mechanics, AI behaviour and HUD elements. Bangkok, Sapienza, Colorado and Hokkaido look and feel completely different with a new time of day and new custom music created by the composer for Season One, Niels Bye Nielsen."

HITMAN – Game of the Year Edition will be released digitally on November 7th 2017 for PS4, Xbox One and PC and here is how players can buy it : 

1) For the new players, the game and his updates will cost 60$

2) For owners of the complete first season (whether it is digitally or the physical version) the GOTY update will cost 20$

The GOTY Edition will release on November 7th with a free patch for the game which will include these things among others : 

– A redesigned UI with a new colour scheme and visual style
A fresh new look across the board and re-organised menus to make it easier to find what you’re looking for.

– New Contracts Mode features
‘Trending’ helps you find the most popular contracts, making sure you can easily find a new challenge. We’re also adding 10 ‘Conditions’  that will add huge depth to Contracts Mode, such as restricting disguise changes or requiring players to use a specific exit. Anyone who creates a contract will be able to toggle these conditions to set a more defined challenge for their contract.

– Major lighting improvements to all missions
New colour grading, readjusted HDR adaptation rules and re-designed skyboxes mean that our locations look more vivid, vibrant and lifelike.

– Commemorative Elusive Target Unlock
If you played any of the Elusive Targets we released during Season One, we’re giving you an in-game coin to commemorate your progress and thank you for your support.

– Xbox One X Enhancements
A whole host of enhancements are on the way for Xbox One X owners, including options for native 4K and a higher framerate. Specific details to come in a Xbox-specific blog post.

– Tobii Eye Tracking support for PC
Enhance your killer instincts with Dynamic Light Adaptation, Extended View and a new special feature added specifically for HITMAN. Find more details here.

– Various fixes and improvements
Full release notes will be published closer to 7 November. That should be enough time to start thinking about your default loadout for each location…

Oh, and one more thing…

– Elusive Target Re-activation
Starting in November, we will re-activate Elusive Targets. If you missed any Elusive Targets the first time around, or if you are new to HITMAN, this is your chance to experience these intense time-limited targets. All of the suit unlocks are back in play for both new and existing players to complete their collection. If you’ve already completed or failed an Elusive Target, you won’t be able to play that specific contract again; your record for that contract will stand and cannot be altered. Re-activated ET’s will still be time-limited and the first one will be re-activated shortly after the release of our Game of the Year Edition on November 7th. "

Source : ioi

___

I'm personally really excited for this update because hitman is one of my favourite game on PS4 and I like being able to play some new content for this game. The update is a little bit expensive in my opinion but I'm still going to buy it and support the developpers of this amazing game :) 

Edited by itachi-destroyer

12 minutes ago, TekkenKing10 said:

So I can play the game while being offline?
I've read somewhere that you have to be online to play this game.

Yes you can, the only thing is that if you play offline you have to do the entire game offline because the game creates an online save AND an offline save so let's say you play online but you suddenly can't play online anymore you'll have to use your offline save and restart from zero. But if you play offline from beginning to the end you shouldn't have any problem :) 

6 minutes ago, W571WE said:

Why won't thet add a platinum trophy though?

I don't think they can add a platinum when all trophies have already been created for the "base game" :( But maybe this GOTY edition will have his own trophy list.

Edited by itachi-destroyer

7 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Yes you can, the only thing is that if you play offline you have to do the entire game offline because the game creates an online save AND an offline save so let's say you play online but you suddenly can't play online anymore you'll have to use your offline save and restart from zero. But if you play offline from beginning to the end you shouldn't have any problem :) 

I don't think they can add a platinum when all trophies have already been created for the "base game" :( But maybe this GOTY edition will have his own trophy list.

Yeah, hopefully it will have its own trophy list, cuz im not getting it lol.

So they aren't releasing this physically? That's pretty disappointing. I would have totally jumped on this if they did. Now I'm torn between buying the regular version on disc and then purchasing this GOTY upgrade later or just buying the GOTY edition when it's on sale. I'm not paying full price for a digital game, especially when 90% of the content is over a year old and can be bought for much less.

Edited by Undead Wolf

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who have bought the GOTY upgrade or the full GOTY version please tell us if it has a shiny platinum trophy up for grabs??? Release date should be today..

On 10/24/2017 at 11:22 PM, Undead Wolf said:

So they aren't releasing this physically? That's pretty disappointing. I would have totally jumped on this if they did. Now I'm torn between buying the regular version on disc and then purchasing this GOTY upgrade later or just buying the GOTY edition when it's on sale. I'm not paying full price for a digital game, especially when 90% of the content is over a year old and can be bought for much less.

If I were you, I would buy a pre-owned physical version which costs around $20-$30 now and then buy the upgrade digitally.. should cost nowhere close to $60.. If you don't mind waiting then buy it when it's on sale.. best bet would probably be during Christmas Sale, the soonest..

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Is this a separate trophy list or added DLC trophy to the base game?

No trophies in the Patient Zero campaign missions. Just ingame challenges.

The new missions are quite good. Especially enjoyed the one in Colorado which is a sniper challenge and the final one in Hokkaido is great.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

See I don't understand If I can purchase this item... can anyone explain?

You must own either ‘HITMAN - The Complete First Season’, ‘HITMAN - Upgrade Pack’ or have individually purchased all episodes from Season 1 to be able to use this item. Search for the other ‘HITMAN Game Of The Year Edition’ options if you do not own any of these items.

9AOnSxjnToigL-dRPT2Hmg.png

I have Hitman with all episodes as far as I can tell (EP5 and EP6 above)... but I don't remember the name of the purchase. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

• 2 months later...
On 26/11/2017 at 9:12 AM, Eyjabria said:

No trophies in the Patient Zero campaign missions. Just ingame challenges.

The new missions are quite good. Especially enjoyed the one in Colorado which is a sniper challenge and the final one in Hokkaido is great.

Thanks for this.

Haven't played beyond the free base game yet (meaningI haven't bought anything yet either), just realised the GOTYis here instead of complete first season and was wondering about if the new missions were any good.