Lawn Bowls Trophy

Since tonight/tomorrow I'm going to get this game, one thing I am curious about in regards to this trophy.  While you have to win the game itself, is winning mostly skill based, or are there forms of luck elements in it as well?

I mean, if I'm good enough at playing it, winning should be fine to where I wont need to worry about loosing via just plain bad luck?

Just now, Feral said:

From what I remember of the lawn bowls, it was a matter of skill and not pushing too hard on the analogue sticks.

It'll likely take you a few goes but it's nothing too painful.

Ah that's good then, at least it's skill and not luck thrown into the mix.  Figured I'd ask ahead of time so when I get to it, I know more or less what to expect now.

I'm sure I'll figure it out, but I think if I loose, I'll finish the case off, then go back and replay it and focus on the lawn bowls.  That way, not stuck at one point for a while sort of thing xD

Just now, DrakeHellsing said:

Ah that's good then, at least it's skill and not luck thrown into the mix.  Figured I'd ask ahead of time so when I get to it, I know more or less what to expect now.

I'm sure I'll figure it out, but I think if I loose, I'll finish the case off, then go back and replay it and focus on the lawn bowls.  That way, not stuck at one point for a while sort of thing xD

Yeah makes it easier. It's a good way to approach it, that way you know how much torture is involved.

Save you tearing your hair out over it lol. Plus don't want this one bit wrecking a good game.

3 hours ago, Feral said:

Yeah makes it easier. It's a good way to approach it, that way you know how much torture is involved.

Save you tearing your hair out over it lol. Plus don't want this one bit wrecking a good game.

Exactly, which is why I'll attempt it first time, if I get it, awesome, if not, ah well... case needs to be solved xD

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Exactly!

But yeah, will be getting the game tomorrow for sure now, deciding tomorrow cause of the file size and yeah, wont take too long, probably an hour or so to do so.  Either way xD

Damn New Zealand and their good internet :shakefist:

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Well, about to go all lawn bowls... hopefully I can get it on my first go, would be nice :D

But it seems like everyone else here says it's easy... so long as the AI doesn't go all good on me xD

Fingers crossed lol. First go would be good.

38 minutes ago, CjShai said:

@feral611 plays almost everything blind drunk, it's a skill that most impresses me 1f61c.png

Ha ha ha ha glad I can impress you master sensei :P

41 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Well, i did get it in the end... took me a few tries, but I wanted it done... managed to get it with a score of 5 to 1, so it was a little close in a way x.x

Nicely done mate, now you can enjoy the rest of the game.

3 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, so long as there's no other bullshit in the game like that whole "escape the hunter" crap xD

But still, despite that and this lawn bowls, so far, been enjoying the game :D

Oh yeah that's a pain. Think they're a few more like that but they're way easier than the hunter lol.

It is a really fun game, so good to hear you're enjoying :)