Game is so boring

Am I the only person who thinks this game is boring as hell?

The story makes no sense to me.  The standard orcs are pointless and the captains just keep coming back so there seems to be no impact from killing them.  

I'm only a few hours in but I can't seem to get more that 45 minutes into a game session before I just don't care.  

I loved Shadow of Mordor so I find this very frustrating and confusing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PSX_Trepie said:

The story makes no sense to me.  The standard orcs are pointless and the captains just keep coming back so there seems to be no impact from killing them.  

I'm only a few hours in but I can't seem to get more that 45 minutes into a game session before I just don't care.  

I don't see what's stopping you from playing something else. If it's losing your interest, try something else and go back to it later. If the game still bores you then, perhaps it just isn't the game for you?

• Like 4

If you think it's boring after 45min, stop.

Once you reach Act 4, the endgame, you really will get bored. Story isn't great, and endgame is just crap. Shame considering SoM was awesome. But hell, i'm now 1 trophy from the platinum, so gonna finish.

I understand everyone has there own opinions but please enlighten us on how the first game is better than this one? Because this literally improves on everything in the first game just about. The story in the first one wasent the best either and the ending certainly wasent the best. The story in this one is better for the most part but that's definitely to each their own but there is nothing that the first game does better than this one other than maybe story wise but this one is much bigger and better in every other aspect.

16 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

I understand everyone has there own opinions but please enlighten us on how the first game is better than this one? Because this literally improves on everything in the first game just about. The story in the first one wasent the best either and the ending certainly wasent the best. The story in this one is better for the most part but that's definitely to each their own but there is nothing that the first game does better than this one other than maybe story wise but this one is much bigger and better in every other aspect.

Certainly improved on the microtransaction part ?

Honestly though, maybe it's because I didn't buy at at launch and missed the hype, but even the first game is boring as hell, I'm one trophy away from 100% and it seems I gotta force myself to play the damn game. Really don't know why people like it so much ?

12 minutes ago, HardXDXtraga said:

Certainly improved on the microtransaction part 1f4a9.png

Honestly though, maybe it's because I didn't buy at at launch and missed the hype, but even the first game is boring as hell, I'm one trophy away from 100% and it seems I gotta force myself to play the damn game. Really don't know why people like it so much 1f615.png

You can completely avoid the micro transactions and you get enough in game coin to buy stuff without going in pocket so that complaint is just stupid at this point and obviously it can't be that bad if you put 50 or so hours into it to get the platinum. I know if I don't like something I'm definitely not going to play it that much that's for sure.... and maybe the reason people love it so much is it's brilliant nemesis system. Plus why did you play the second if you hated the first? You are making yourself look like a dumb troll just so you know...

• Like 4

18 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

You can completely avoid the micro transactions and you get enough in game coin to buy stuff without going in pocket so that complaint is just stupid at this point and obviously it can't be that bad if you put 50 or so hours into it to get the platinum. I know if I don't like something I'm definitely not going to play it that much that's for sure.... and maybe the reason people love it so much is it's brilliant nemesis system. Plus why did you play the second if you hated the first? You are making yourself look like a dumb troll just so you know...

I didn't play the second one dood, and am not planning in doing so because I didn't like the first one.

It's not a bad game, that's not what I said, it's a boring game, it works fine and all but, at least for me, it is very repetitive and I just was expecting more, but that's what I get for getting my hopes up I guess...

13 hours ago, HardXDXtraga said:

I didn't play the second one dood, and am not planning in doing so because I didn't like the first one.

It's not a bad game, that's not what I said, it's a boring game, it works fine and all but, at least for me, it is very repetitive and I just was expecting more, but that's what I get for getting my hopes up I guess...

If you didn't play the second one then why are you on a forum post about it talking negative about the game? Go be a troll somewhere else 

• Like 1

On 2017. 10. 25. at 6:27 AM, PSX_Trepie said:

I haven't played the game yet, but god.. hope you are wrong. I loved SoM too. I don't want to have the same experience like you.

On 28/10/2017 at 7:06 AM, rolltideroll157 said:

If you didn't play the second one then why are you on a forum post about it talking negative about the game? Go be a troll somewhere else 

Why are you being so agressive, does WB pay you to defend the game? I have the right to comment on it, I've seen enough reviews and gameplay to be informed of how the game plays and what affects it's gameplay (meaning microtransactions).

I get that you like it, and hey, good for you, I'm glad it wasn't a waste of money for you as it would be for me.

No need to call me a troll just because you don't like what I have to say, we're not talking facts here, just opinions, yours holds as much value as mine.

No I am talking facts here and the fact of the matter is that micro transactions, while they are there, have zero effect on your experience if you choose not to buy them and obviously you haven't played it and I have so you have no clue on that part. Also no you do not have a say in a game if you haven't played it before so go complain on a forum for a game you have played. 

On 10/27/2017 at 3:46 AM, HansReaver said:

If you think it's boring after 45min, stop.

Once you reach Act 4, the endgame, you really will get bored. Story isn't great, and endgame is just crap. Shame considering SoM was awesome. But hell, i'm now 1 trophy from the platinum, so gonna finish.

yup super agreed with this. that act 4 is just a filler, super grindy filler. 

thankfully i find some fun recruiting n leveling up orcs for the army :)

Not surprising, I finally got Shadow of Mordor a few months ago for a couple bucks on sale and like, the combat is solid, the gameplay is cool, but I can't get myself to give even a single fuck about anything happening in the story at all. 

Perfectly well made game, I see why it got praise and shit, but the story bores me. Of course, that probably shouldn't come as a surprise since I've only seen the trilogy once and it too bored me. And I kinda said the same stuff about it, "well made, well acted, but boring story".

I guess given how old the whole Middle Earth stuff is, and that it's basically the originator of the whole fantasy genre and whatnot, it's not a surprise it seems a bit tame to my modern tastes. In the same way an ugly old NES game may not interest the kids of today, old fantasy books don't interest me in 2017. 

Still respect the shit out of Tolkien and all the stuff that has come from his works nonetheless, but it's not for me I guess.

I loved it but can see why people didn't. The story was a bit weak but I enjoyed playing on nemesis with no counter indicators. Makes the combat a good challenge. I do like how visceral the combat is and I had more currency than i needed by act 3 so didnt even touch the market.

That said act 4 really dragged. by the last stage I was playing just to finish the game not coz I was loving siege 19 of 20.

Yeah I don't understand what game they are playing either but I have come to realize any game that is extremely popular people will make a forum post on this site about how it sucks and they don't get how people like it. I guess the minority's want to get attention....

Edited by rolltideroll157
  • Like 1

I wasn't saying the game was bad.  I was just wondering people had the same opinion as me.  I had already stopped playing when I posted my comment.

For me to love Mordor so much but struggle to even bother with one, I just thought I might not be alone in that opinion.  I'm just trying to work out where they wen't wrong here, at least for me.

No need for anyone to get all upset.  I didn't mean to offend anyone who liked the game.  I guess I just thought my experience with it was worth starting a conversation about.

I only vaguely remember some of the story missions from the first, so I can't really compare the two...though I think the training missions were more interesting back then, since it was all still new. I can understand why some people will find this boring at first: Going through tutorials again, a seeming disconnect from the book and films, and not getting the dominate ability until act 2 (4-6 hours in).

That said, I loved Act 2 and put over 100 hours into it. Act 3 came and went in a blink (I think 3 story battles, that I recall), and Act 4 felt like it stretched on for decades. As much as I hated the Shadow of War part, when I finished and got the cutscene, something they said made me realize I'm glad I did it... though it's kind of asking for a lot to have people play the whole thing.

• 1 year later...