"Mein leben" difficulty and ps4 gameplay thoughts.

17 minutes ago, ShadowSigmaX said:

Boycotting an entire game just because of a single trophy you might not be able to obtain is ridiculous. You are what is wrong with this industry. I agree with everyone else. You don't have to platinum every game you play. Games are meant to be enjoyed above all else.

Completely agree with this.

But with all the good games coming out lately there's a lot of competition for my attention. Stuff like this will knock it down my next-to-buy list but it will not stop me from getting it, because the Wolfenstein games have been very solid games.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ShadowSigmaX said:

Boycotting an entire game just because of a single trophy you might not be able to obtain is ridiculous. You are what is wrong with this industry. I agree with everyone else. You don't have to platinum every game you play. Games are meant to be enjoyed above all else.

I’ll be playing it, but I must say, I disagree with your idea that people refusing to buy a game because of something they perceive as a negative in a game is ‘what is wrong with the industry’.

Surely voting with your wallet is good for the industry? I’d argue that It’s the folks who complain about certain practices but still do buy the games that are the true problem with the industry. 

Granted, trophies are rarely the issue in question - lately its been loot boxes, forced-online and the presence of our old pal Michael Transaction, but the point is that by stating that you hate these things, but then buying the game regardless, you are contributing to the continuation of the practices you hate.

People saying they hate forced online and loot-box type stuff, but still making Destiny and PUBG the biggest selling games of the year, is the kind of thing that leads to - for example - EA cancelling Visceral’s Star Wars single player game to ‘pivot’ to a multiplayer, micro-transactional loot based game, and shuttering a good Single-Player-focussed studio in the process - all in the guise of ‘doing what the user base wants.’

This silly trophy isn’t going to stop me buying Wolfenstein 2, as I don’t feel so strong about my completion rate - but if people out there really do feel burned, then I encourage them to boycott the game. 

Money is what business’s understand. Making a statement via your wallet is the only way to be heard. If enouh people agree and do the same, things change. If not many people agree and you are an outlier, well, so be it, you won’t get what you want, but at least you won’t be a hypocrite.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I’ll be playing it, but I must say, I disagree with your idea that people refusing to buy a game because of something they perceive as a negative in a game is ‘what is wrong with the industry’.

Surely voting with your wallet is good for the industry? I’d argue that It’s the folks who complain about certain practices but still do buy the games that are the true problem with the industry. 

Granted, trophies are rarely the issue in question - lately its been loot boxes, forced-online and the presence of our old pal Michael Transaction, but the point is that by stating that you hate these things, but then buying the game regardless, you are contributing to the continuation of the practices you hate.

People saying they hate forced online and loot-box type stuff, but still making Destiny and PUBG the biggest selling games of the year, is the kind of thing that leads to - for example - EA cancelling Visceral’s Star Wars single player game to ‘pivot’ to a multiplayer, micro-transactional loot based game, and shuttering a good Single-Player-focussed studio in the process - all in the guise of ‘doing what the user base wants.’

This silly trophy isn’t going to stop me buying Wolfenstein 2, as I don’t feel so strong about my completion rate - but if people out there really do feel burned, then I encourage them to boycott the game. 

Money is what business’s understand. Making a statement via your wallet is the only way to be heard. If enouh people agree and do the same, things change. If not many people agree and you are an outlier, well, so be it, you won’t get what you want, but at least you won’t be a hypocrite.

I agree with you but this situation just feels silly, out of all the games coming out with shitty practices and then going to boycott a game that might be good without scummy business practices just cause of a hard trophy feels ridiculous

Edited by PixelatedPortal

If there are really unskippable cutscenes, no chapter select and the progress of collectibles doesn't save - then I'll just wait for them to patch some of that stuff in. It sounds like a plain inconvenience by itself, no even starting on Mein Leben(I would hate to watch the same stuff over and over again, if I tried to do it). Don't wanna waste time and the good game being incomplete always bothers me. I have a headache over Shovel Knight for a week already(which is times easier and I simply don't have enough dedication or skill), lol.

Anyway, I hope they would sort that stuff out, cause I don't really mind a trophy that is impossible for me to achieve. For now I'll just wait.

7 minutes ago, PixelatedPortal said:

I agree with you but this situation just feels silly, out of all the games coming out with shitty practices and then going to boycott a game that might be good without scummy business practices just cause of a hard trophy feels ridiculous

True - It is a shame that this game seems free of most of the ‘usual’ reasons to want to boycott, but then has this one big middle finger to the completionists - but if they do lose sales they really only have themselves to blame. 

The problem nowadays is that there are so many good games out there. The indie scene has allowed people to completely turn their back on big budget games, and still have more great games than they could possibly complete at their disposal, so the competition for sales is more brutal than it has ever been. Even one small mistake - like the inclusion of a virtually impossible trophy - is enough to sway people away, as they have such a massive choice of great games to spend their cash on.

It’s a tough world out there for devs and publishers, but, on the plus side, its never been better for consumers.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

True - It is a shame that this game seems free of most of the ‘usual’ reasons to want to boycott, but then has this one big middle finger to the completionists - but if they do lose sales they really only have themselves to blame. 

The problem nowadays is that there are so many good games out there. The indie scene has allowed people to completely turn their back on big budget games, and still have more great games than they could possibly complete at their disposal, so the competition for sales is more brutal than it has ever been. Even one small mistake - like the inclusion of a virtually impossible trophy - is enough to sway people away, as they have such a massive choice of great games to spend their cash on.

It’s a tough world out there for devs and publishers, but, on the plus side, its never been better for consumers.

I am personally fine with the trophy but I would like to at least be able to save but I get the idea. It is silly how the difficulty of a trophy can affect sales, that would mean that AAA publishers shouldnt go all out on difficulty trophies due to backlash

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShadowSigmaX said:

And what if someone’s enjoyment is derived from earning platinum trophies? Different people make purchases for different reasons. Just because their reasons don’t align with yours doesn’t mean there’s anything “wrong” with them.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MythRaider1994 said:

And what if someone’s enjoyment is derived from earning platinum trophies? Different people make purchases for different reasons. Just because their reasons don’t align with yours doesn’t mean there’s anything “wrong” with them.

But on that case not buying it is fine. Is the boycott required? This is not a scummy parasite like practice like loot boxes, this is just a tough trophy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nucle377 said:

This is nature of stupidity and simple trolling of trophy hunters. I waiting this game so much and will buy it on Steam right now (cheaper and better) and will playing for story and fun. I like to get 100% in PS4 games and why should I get spitting in the face for my money, because someone one of the developers decided in one action to blow up hundreds of thousands asses with one stupid BRONZE trophy, tied it up with idiotic difficulty? I was waiting for something like Uber from the previous games, may be something more difficult, but what they decided to do now - overrated and mockery of players.

'Spitting in the face for my money'........that's a little bit extreme. In fact this entire post is a bit extreme. You might say this is the Mein Leben of reactions to the trophy list.

With a game like this it is part of a pretty prestigious updated franchise. A not forgetting it's a franchise that was born out of difficult gameplay. Not only is it born from that, it is also part of a current franchise that has a lot of heart and a high amount of effort put into it's production and storytelling. You are pretty much getting what you pay for.

Trying to rally a bunch of people to campaign against and entire company because a single trophy isn't going your way is shockingly irrational and actually quite destructive in the long run. Equally shocking is that you are attributing it to be akin to having someone spit in your face for your purchase money.

Come on...Is it really that bad? Would you actively deprive yourself from playing the game because of a single trophy you don't like? Maybe I have it all backwards, but it seems a little short sighted to cut yourself off from what could potentially be a GOTY candidate in terms of overall experience.

Having said that, i'm not entirely sure what you meant about blowing hundreds of thousands of peoples asses up. If I unlock this Mein Leben trophy and my rectum detonates into my couch with violent force, I will sign any petition you can throw at me. No one should have to go through asshole detonation because of a trophy they don't agree with, even if it's a great challenge to unlock it. You only get one asshole of your own, after all.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, PixelatedPortal said:

But on that case not buying it is fine. Is the boycott required? This is not a scummy parasite like practice like loot boxes, this is just a tough trophy.

I’m not a fan of convincing others not to buy it, but if an individual wants to boycott Wolfenstein II over a trophy, that’s their business. If trophies are an intrinsic part of their enjoyment, then it would be required for that individual. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nucle377 said:

Guys, please spam Bethesda’s and Machinegames Twitter for deleting or reworking this stupid trophy.

https://twitter.com/bethesda
https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios
https://twitter.com/machinegames

I will cancel my pre-order and buy this game on the PC, if they don’t fix it. This is high level incredible bullsh*t and impossible for 99% players.

Looool. And this is Bronze trophy. Do they really joke on us or what?
This trophy is 100% mistake!!!

They must to add few manual saves between chapters, like it was in Evil Within 2! Not everyone have so much time and nerves to sit non-stop 10 hours near TV with the possibility of losing all progress in any moment. This trophy is unacceptable!

no it is not :) CAnt wait to get a Ultra rare platt :)

14 minutes ago, PixelatedPortal said:

I guess 90% of the boycott group isnt skipping the game, they just wait for a sale.

I will rent the game for a week, a few days ago the game was a day1 buy + season pass.

I dont skip the game its probably my GotY with Persona 5, but i wont support this bs choice with 60 euros.

Im enjoying challenging modes and I play my games always on highest difficulty.

Akumu, hardcore in deadspace 2 or max payne 3 ( both from xbox days) are hard but doable, this mode is several times harder.

The problem is you have to do that sh** on i am death incarnate difficulty ( high chance that its harder than Uber), miss 2 shoots and you´re dead, 7 hours +, without skippable cutscenes.

Repeating the same hours over and over is not challenging it is tedious

With saves at the start of each chapter its still hard and frustrating as hell but acceptable.

To skip the game because of a single trophy is ridiculous, but I understand people who are not willing to reward the developers with 60 dollar/euro after they got punched in the face  ?

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Eking07 said:

I have just listened  Downward Thrust review of Wolfenstein II. He said game crashed 29 times on PC. I imagine that the game will crash at the ending and you should start from the beginning on "Mein Leben" difficulty.

Game has not crashed a single time. and ive been at it for over 30h. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dark said:

Mein Leben comparisons so far:

~ Trolling trophy hunters

~ Mockery of players

~ Being spit in the face

~ Being punched in the face

~ TBA

Think it’s fair to say there’s more against this than for it lol.

Haha, fun to read wolf threads and fun to reply to ppl, that hates this :) I am really exited for the trophy tho :)

Doesn't matter that its a bronze because it is basically the key to the plat, everything else is doable for most. Reminds me of an old Xbox 360 game, can't remember the name, but it had a 1 point achievement for beating the game on the hardest difficulty. All the other achievements were odd numbered so if you wanted to avoid your gamerscore being an odd number you had to beat it fully or not play it, ever.

• Like 1

@Dark

So? Wanna say your opinion is absolute, all other opinions are bs?

I understand your point but also I understand the people complaining....

they can do whatever they want with their money, they dont need permission from a nobody on psnprofiles

This is a trophy community of course there a some pissed players.

Sure some people are overacting, but who you think you are to judge them? ?

"lol"

Edited by GoDBoss173
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, GoDBoss173 said:

@Dark

So? Wanna say your opinion is absolute, all other opinions are bs?

I understand your point but also I understand the people complaining....

they can do whatever they want with their money, they dont need permission from a nobody on psnprofiles

This is a trophy site of course there a some pissed players.

Sure some people are overacting, but who you think you are to judge them? 1f60f.png

"lol"

When did I ever say my opinion is absolute and all other opinions are bs? I’m saying these comparisons aren’t similar in any aspect whatsoever. Has nothing to do with my opinion nor am I judging them. I’m criticising bad comparisons since they’ve been left for criticism. That’s what a forum is for, to discuss. They have all right to complain but if you’re going to criticise at least make valid points. 

Edited by Dark
Was a bit harsh.