"Mein leben" difficulty and ps4 gameplay thoughts.

2 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

Am I the only one that’s even more excited for this game simply because it won’t be a walk in the park to obtain the plat?

There is a difference between relishing a challenge that is hard but relatively fair (Evil Within 2 on Classic) and one that's ridiculously frustrating with the potential to waste hours due to no fault of your own because of a crash/bug. Seems to me they are just being mean-spirited with these trophies when you add in no chapter select and the way the collectibles work.

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1

( I’m still buying this game! I’m actually waiting for it to be delivered right now. But this trophy is unfair on the vast majority of players) 

I’m sorry but I’m all up for contacting Bethesda/ machine games In fact I already have, and I suggest people do the same. Why? 

Because the stupidly of this trophy is beyond reason. It caters for such a small minority of people.

You cant expect people to sit there for 5-10 hours without saving with ONE life. 

Ive said this before and I’ll say it again! They should of done what Doom did in there trophy list! But it’s too late now. 

But what they can do is allow the ability to save! Even if it’s a limited amount of times like the evil within 2! 

I’m a big souls player I love hard games but they need to be fair on the player in some way. 

if you don’t voice your opinion noting will get changed.

Edited by duracellbois
  • Like 1

First of all,i was really super excited about this game,when i heard its coming out,so pre-order was the first thing i did.

But must say when i read about that trophy ''Mein Leben'' i was deeply disapointed.

I really understand the people saying about not being frustrated with that  trophy cause in the end the game is the most important not some silly trophy,

but you see from my point of view there are to  two aspetcs ,yeah indeed the game is important,but on the other hand there are trophies for us people who like obtaining them.

So there must be a balance with a game and trophies,i am always up for a challange but in normal limits,i am not having problems dying in some area x times,

losing my nervs but in the end i will repeat it and complete it,this dumb thing just read it and say it does this really sound normal ? '' Hardest difficulty,single life and no save files''

Yeah in the end some will say it do it or not,its just majority of us are having normal daily job,family,kids,why should i be playing for 10-12 h in one sitting,or leaving my ps4 in the rest mode

for 3-4 days,bills are expensive these days,or imagine some bug pops out,or power might went off,so many things that  can affect your progress or imagine you die at last boss batlle,

i dont know what to say,yeah probably the game should be in first place,but really like those trophies,anyway for those who think this must be changed,contact Bethesda/ machine games

cause i will also.

Edited by Leo_black22
  • Like 2

I'm on the developer side. If you don't have nerves or time, then you don't deserve the trophy. Nobody is forcing you to get it. You want the game to be fair? It is fair! Only super hard and almost impossible… I just bought the game and i can tell for shure I'm not even gonna try to go for it… For same reasons as you… I have a life.

36 minutes ago, Juzota said:

That's what I did and I don't feel any regret :D

Yeah, that's what I did too.

As for this trophy, I'll probably end up avoiding it. Having epilepsy makes me randomly twitchy and I don't want to start swearing at God again when my finger does something I didn't want it to do and that gets me killed in a game. It's happened before...

• Like 1

In fairness - and sorry if anyone has already pointed this out - but wouldn't suspend mode allow you to take breaks at least? Just pause, exit the app, etc. 

The risk is your PS4 might update or crash or something in the meantime, but this rarely happens. And yeah, it's not like it's a save.

On 10/26/2017 at 5:11 PM, DividedByMankind said:

no it is not :) CAnt wait to get a Ultra rare platt :)

Likewise.

I thoroughly enjoyed TNO, so i'll definitely be picking this up soon, the platinum will be mine eventually. The only thing i don't like is picking up all 200+ collectibles in one run :( 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DEOSS77 said:

Finish game on easy. Load last chapter in this diff. and complete without dying. Other games this serie have this bug. And this too...

As I understood you can't choose this difficulty in menu.

So it won't be glitchy or hackable (except cfw if it ever gonna be released). And that's great point for such good game.

There's plenty of shitty games which can bring you plainums or easy non-challenging games.

So gamers like me need Hard plats not in only average games or boring indies but in AAA (and without online trophies or something tied to servers/other players)

Bethesda is awesome!...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DEOSS77 said:

Finish game on easy. Load last chapter in this diff. and complete without dying. Other games this serie have this bug. And this too...

As stated a fair few times, there’s no chapter select. Once you’re in that difficulty that’s it. The only options to even start the difficulty is via the new game menu. You can’t quit or whatnot, one sitting only. There won’t be any way to cheese this. It’s even in their FAQ that you need to play the entire game for the trophies/achievements without switching.

For those attempting, good luck with the courtroom. I really couldn’t find any safe strats for it until the outside rooms are opened. It’s like WAW veteran in there since they spam grenades and you literally have fuck all room to hide. So yeah, fun times.

20 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

Am I the only one that’s even more excited for this game simply because it won’t be a walk in the park to obtain the plat?

No bro, i am to :) Because this plat will end up on 0.20 ultra :) To add to my collection, on cabinet :)

2 hours ago, Dark said:

As stated a fair few times, there’s no chapter select. Once you’re in that difficulty that’s it. The only options to even start the difficulty is via the new game menu. You can’t quit or whatnot, one sitting only. There won’t be any way to cheese this. It’s even in their FAQ that you need to play the entire game for the trophies/achievements without switching.

For those attempting, good luck with the courtroom. I really couldn’t find any safe strats for it until the outside rooms are opened. It’s like WAW veteran in there since they spam grenades and you literally have fuck all room to hide. So yeah, fun times.

I found a trick mate in courtroom really gooooood trick :) But you need to be extremly quick. Do it RIGHT or you will die in 1-2 hits  :( I Am practicing on death incarnet there. 

Edited by DividedByMankind

What I find funny in all of this is the people complaining about the "Mein leben" difficulty trophy have barely any games that are impressive, or have a very incomplete trophy profile to where adding another game simply means nothing, because their percentage is far from 90 - 99 percent.

If "Mein leben" is indeed very challenging, then we may indeed see a contender for having a difficult first person shooter. Still, I have a feeling it won't be as bad as NYMHC mode in Max Payne 3, Heroic difficulty in Shadow Warrior, or even Hardcore difficulty in Dead Space 2. Those three games have very challenging difficulties, especially Max Payne 3 and Shadow Warrior as they are sub 2 percent platinums.

I'm just amazed that people are crying that one trophy is ruining the entire game, and crying that they may have an incomplete game on their profile. If they take it that seriously, then they need to seek professional help. Games were meant to be played for fun, trophies were meant to be gained while having fun and beating a challenge with accomplishment.

7 hours ago, Starlove- said:

All I know is that lately a lot of people moan when something is too hard. I wish more of these people would just shut their deformed pieholes and realise that not everything revolves around you. I personally like very challenging trophy lists and I'm so sick and tired of crybabies ruining the fun for me and others by demanding they make trophies less demanding. Seriously, just shut up

Jack-Nicholson.gif

Well said my man.

Is that Jack Nicholson from the 1970s? Not sure what movie this is from.

Edited by Spaz

50 minutes ago, Spaz said:

What I find funny in all of this is the people complaining about the "Mein leben" difficulty trophy have barely any games that are impressive, or have a very incomplete trophy profile to where adding another game simply means nothing, because their percentage is far from 90 - 99 percent.

If "Mein leben" is indeed very challenging, then we may indeed see a contender for having a difficult first person shooter. Still, I have a feeling it won't be as bad as NYMHC mode in Max Payne 3, Heroic difficulty in Shadow Warrior, or even Hardcore difficulty in Dead Space 2. Those three games have very challenging difficulties, especially Max Payne 3 and Shadow Warrior as they are sub 2 percent platinums.

I'm just amazed that people are crying that one trophy is ruining the entire game, and crying that they may have an incomplete game on their profile. If they take it that seriously, then they need to seek professional help. Games were meant to be played for fun, trophies were meant to be gained while having fun and beating a challenge with accomplishment.

Well said my man.

Is that Jack Nicholson from the 1970s? Not sure what movie this is from.

I am pretty sure Mein Leben is far harder than MP3 and DS2 ( did both in my 360 days), havent played shadow warrior.

MP3 is only medium and the time doesnt matter anymore after ca. 2 hours, but my game glitched/crashed twice while doing it ?

DS2 you can at least save 3 times, with the right places its very doable.I wasnt on highest (fight) difficulty too.

Yeah both games are challenging for sure, but you dont need ridiculous skill.

If Mein Leben is on the same level in terms of difficulty, I will get the plat 100% but I doubt it.

I havent played TNC yet so lets see ?

Edited by GoDBoss173
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

I'm playing on I Am Death Incarnate and I can already tell that this trophy will be brutal. I am happy though that people can't just glitch their way through it or abuse saves.

I dont know why  but I have the feeling someone will discover some kind of god mode glitch the next few weeks ^^