"Mein leben" difficulty and ps4 gameplay thoughts.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

What I find funny in all of this is the people complaining about the "Mein leben" difficulty trophy have barely any games that are impressive, or have a very incomplete trophy profile to where adding another game simply means nothing, because their percentage is far from 90 - 99 percent.

If "Mein leben" is indeed very challenging, then we may indeed see a contender for having a difficult first person shooter. Still, I have a feeling it won't be as bad as NYMHC mode in Max Payne 3, Heroic difficulty in Shadow Warrior, or even Hardcore difficulty in Dead Space 2. Those three games have very challenging difficulties, especially Max Payne 3 and Shadow Warrior as they are sub 2 percent platinums.

I'm just amazed that people are crying that one trophy is ruining the entire game, and crying that they may have an incomplete game on their profile. If they take it that seriously, then they need to seek professional help. Games were meant to be played for fun, trophies were meant to be gained while having fun and beating a challenge with accomplishment.

Well said my man.

Is that Jack Nicholson from the 1970s? Not sure what movie this is from.

I agree with you're post but i do not agree with that NYHMC is harder than mein leben, not a chance!!  NYHMC has difficulty set to normal, mein leben has difficulty set to the hardest, which is ''i am death incarnet'', with no save, checpoints and so on :) This will be 0.20 ULTRA, and it is going on my cabinet!!!!!

2 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

No bro, i am to :) Because this plat will end up on 0.20 ultra :) To add to my collection, on cabinet :)

I found a trick mate in courtroom really gooooood trick :) But you need to be extremly quick. Do it RIGHT or you will die in 1-2 hits  :( I Am practicing on death incarnet there. 

Nice. Just beat death incarnate and the last fight was just stupid. You might be able to skip them but I know you can’t sneak past. As soon as I get up the ladder I can take down the two one shot guys via head glitching but getting up the ladder in general took me about 15 tries. One shot within like 5 metres radius of the player and you’re dead. They also somehow sponge grenade launcher shots like nothing. Assault rifle seems to work best. That place will need a lot of practice before a deathless run.

• Like 1

I'm on my first playthrough on a lower difficulty and I just got randomly stuck in the environment (a couple hours in). Had to reload my last quick save. So, yeah... unless they patch the Mein Leben trophy somehow, I'm not even gonna attempt it. They should give people at least three saves, like Dead Space 2... that's a decent challenge. This is just madness.

That being said, the game is absolutely fantastic.

Iv Completed the game and have put a fair few hours in over the top collecting collectibles etc and finding routes to take using the constrictor. 

Im excited for the challenge ahead although I know it will be extremely challenging. 

The one one thing I’m confused about is why everyone is crying over it being one sitting because of crashes and bugs.  Iv not even had a frame drop/ freeze up/glitch or crash in the 15 odd hours of playtime!? 

Maybe iv I’ve just been lucky but!? Who knows haha 

good of luck to all attempting this :) 

Small update, after playing quite a bit of I'm death incarnate I can only say one thing.

If mein leben uses this difficulty then it's the most bs trophy to ever exist, enemies can mow you down from 90 hp to death before your brain can even understand what's going on and you constantly get swarmed by enemies that even the weakest could kill you quickly (Might as well make you die in one shot instead of giving you such a useless health bar)

Edited by PixelatedPortal
  • Like 2

I may of already spoken already in this form but to hell with it I want to voice my view point here, I don't understand why people are getting mad at the people who sit there and complain about how hard the game is, it is if you ask me too hard on the hardest mode, 200 armor goes to 0 in just 2 secs of being shot at from a normal ground trooper and it is just 2 shots, the next shot will kill you and I think it is unfair as you basically meant to be able to think fast and kill fast but here is the problem I see and faced already, there is things everywhere that can stop you from moving for just a single sec and that is basically death there and it takes a lot of shots to kill a single enemy, in the last games they all took the same lot of shots they did in all modes and that is fair in my mind.

Making enemies bullet eaters is just boring and waste of time in my book, and before you say but go for headshots you can't really aim for the head when there is 5 enemies in a small room full of boxes near them and nothing near you and they all are aiming for you and within a min a uber solider will pop out and try to kill you, I think the term for this type of game's hard mode is more on the lines of unfair then something like say dead space 2 or house of the dead overkill, all the enemies you fight in them games are like they were in any other mode, I know am repeating myself but I like to hammer home that fairness in a game is to keep the field of battle even, if you die in just 2 hits then make the enemies do the same and I mean all enemies even mini bosses, DMC3 did this well with heaven and hell mode, you die in one hit and so does all the enemies as well and if you were to look to something like doom 3 if you picked nightmare mode, you die fast and I mean very fast but to make it fair they give you the soul cube that kills any normal enemy and heals you for what ever hp they had left made the mode more fair as most health packs were gone and some of the armors too.

Bottom line here is I just want to say that we are all gamers here and I think we need to stop the bs git good crap when someone says that it is too hard, sure if it is not too hard for you so be it but if it is too hard for most others and they say why and give reasons try and see it from their point of view as most people have their reasons, but I am with the others on the side of saying it is too hard as I said before my reasons and if my reasons are not good then kindly enjoy your game and say nothing more.

• Like 2

I mentioned in another thread talking about Mein Leben that I don't see myself going for that trophy because I don't want to have to leave my PS4 on or in rest mode constantly (I only leave it in rest mode when the controller is charging/downloading a game/installing updates and patches) and I definitely don't see myself going through the whole game from scratch on Very Hard in one life. Stuff like that isn't really for me since I know it would just stress me out.

That said, holy shit this game is awesome, and brutal. Like graphically brutal and doesn't hold it's punches with some of the issues it brings up. I've only played about 40 minutes and I can't wait to play the rest of it. People cancelling their pre-order all because of that one trophy are really missing out.

7 minutes ago, PixelatedPortal said:

Small update, after playing quite a bit of I'm death incarnate I can only say one thing.

If mein leben uses this difficulty then it's the most bs trophy to ever exist, enemies can mow you down from 90 hp to death before your brain can even understand what's going on and you constantly get swarmed by enemies that even the weakest could kill you quickly (Might as well make you die in one shot instead of giving you such a useless health bar)

I'm only playing on Bring'em On and despite having 50-50 health and armor even I get killed pretty quickly but the enemies seem to be able to take way more punishment than I thought they would. This game really isn't kidding around with the difficulty.

23 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

I'm only playing on Bring'em On and despite having 50-50 health and armor even I get killed pretty quickly but the enemies seem to be able to take way more punishment than I thought they would. This game really isn't kidding around with the difficulty.

The more I progress the more impossible mein leben seems

Mein Laben trophy is BS.  Any trophy that requires a complete playthrough without saving is BS.

As anyone with kids will attest, I cannot play though a game more that a couple of hours long without needing to attend to some child related incident or another.   Even if it was just save at the end of a mission as opposed to anytime that would make this trophy a million times more consumer friendly.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PSX_Trepie said:

Mein Laben trophy is BS.  Any trophy that requires a complete playthrough without saving is BS.

As anyone with kids will attest, I cannot play though a game more that a couple of hours long without needing to attend to some child related incident or another.   Even if it was just save at the end of a mission as opposed to anytime that would make this trophy a million times more consumer friendly.

Also you die before your brain can react, just 4 or 5 shots from hitscan enemies is death

• Like 1

I obtained all trophies so far in all games I played before. I love to do all challenges in hard games too and playing 100%. You can check my profile to proof this. So of course I did the other wolfenstein games before. But with this Im not sure if its possible to do. Remember only the first Mission in DOOM was a pain. Im pretty sure my skills are high enough, I have also the ambition to do this, but anyway this feels atm not doable. I love all wolfenstein games and of course Enemy Territory was the best game ever. But this trophy.. wtf MachineGames you did with us trophy hunters.. its sick. But I promise to follow with passion when somebody did it.

Edited by crucare

So I've come to a conclusion mein leben is impossible lol. I'm playing on do or die difficulty (there's two difficulties above that) and I've died like 10 times just in the wheelchair part and about 20 times on the uboat. Even getting past the wheelchair part on mein leben seems impossible. Most unfair and difficult trophy I've ever seen. 

Also another completely bullshit thing is the no chapter select. So if you wanna practice certain spots, you can't. Unless if you play through it all again. Also if you miss out on a collectibles or perks, you have to do an entire new playthrough too.

So along with mein leben being BS you have to deal with the bullshit of no chapter select. Chapter select definitely needs to be patched in or something.

This game is completely anti trophy hunter lol. (Even for the hardcore ultra rare hunters)

8 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Also another completely bullshit thing is the no chapter select. So if you wanna practice certain spots, you can't. Unless if you play through it all again. Also if you miss out on a collectibles or perks, you have to do an entire new playthrough too.

So along with mein leben being BS you have to deal with the bullshit of no chapter select. Chapter select definitely needs to be patched in or something.

This game is completely anti trophy hunter lol. (Even for the hardcore ultra rare hunters)

I was surprised to see there's no Chapter Select. I'm guessing they wanted to make it similar to the 2009 game. At least that's my impression. I stopped not too long after I got the armor.

People, who defend this stupid trophy are idiots too. And I'm shocked, that are so many of them. And I'm 200% sure that they will never get this trophy.

To protect this joking bronze mistake from the developers and say that this is normal and you need more trophies like this, you need to get this "Mein leben" trophy first and only then you can open your mouth.

Edited by Nucle377

6 minutes ago, Nucle377 said:

People, who defend this stupid trophy are idiots too. And I'm shocked, that are so many of them. And I'm 200% sure that they will never get this trophy.

To protect this joking bronze mistake from the developers and say that this is normal and you need more trophies like this, you need to get this "Mein leben" trophy first and only then you can open your mouth.

Jeez stop bitching already. I’m pretty sure I can have a positive opinion on it before getting the trophy. Same as me saying all these people complaining can only open their mouth once they’ve actually bought and played the game. If you don’t (and you clearly don’t) like the trophy then bitch to the devs like people already are, not the people that like the challenge. You don’t see me running around crying that all these easy games are too easy. When you see a game, what makes you think you have the right to dictate the skill level of all the trophies so that they’re all doable for YOU. There’s nothing impossible about this. Very hard, yes. Impossible, no.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Nucle377 said:

Ill write here in a month. And we will see who is stupid then. If it is the guy that defended it. or the guy that bitched about it. 

• Like 1