NathanielJohn

Full platinum walkthrough video - 3 stars on all levels

13 posts in this topic

On 2017-10-25 at 6:45 AM, NathanielJohn said:

The game can be platinumed in an hour or less (maybe 1-2 hours is more realistic though if you're not amazing at the game). Just get 3 stars on all levels and you're done.

Thanks for the video guide - do you know, is the game crossbuy between the Vita and PS4 versions?

59 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Thanks for the video guide - do you know, is the game crossbuy between the Vita and PS4 versions?

It's not, none of the games published by Sometimes You are cross buy. 

6 minutes ago, Gage said:

It's not, none of the games published by Sometimes You are cross buy. 

Right, it was the Ratalaika games I was thinking of. This looks interesting, but not til the price drops a bit.

The game is on sale in US store for $2.49 right now.

eBBrSYs.png

Edited by HusKyCode

Maybe it's just me, but I am really finding this game somewhat difficult for some reason?

I got this game on recommendation of another trophy hunter who mentioned it was an easy Plat, but I'm having a really tough time with it. I can't even get a 1-star on a few of the level 3 games, and I've got to make it all the way to level 11.

Is there some tips or tricks that I'm maybe missing? Or I could try? Or do you just have to be really accurate and good with the left analog stick? I'll just keep trying.

I'm even considering getting a new Dualshock 4, as maybe there is something not right with my current controller.

I had the same issue with a game like Sound Shapes, and those Death Modes are just insane for me. Maybe I'm just not good at these types of games.

1 hour ago, DysectorZA said:

Maybe it's just me, but I am really finding this game somewhat difficult for some reason?

I got this game on recommendation of another trophy hunter who mentioned it was an easy Plat, but I'm having a really tough time with it. I can't even get a 1-star on a few of the level 3 games, and I've got to make it all the way to level 11.

My best advice is to not get discouraged by dying. You are *expected* to die a lot -- that's why you respawn so quickly. You'll notice that my video above is only 22 minutes long, but the platinum took me 67 minutes to obtain. That's because I spent the other 45 minutes dying.

Also, the game has no difficulty curve. Some of the levels in worlds 2 and 3 are harder than the end-game levels, so don't get discouraged by the fact that there are a bunch more worlds to get to.

On 9/26/2018 at 6:50 PM, NathanielJohn said:

My best advice is to not get discouraged by dying. You are *expected* to die a lot -- that's why you respawn so quickly. You'll notice that my video above is only 22 minutes long, but the platinum took me 67 minutes to obtain. That's because I spent the other 45 minutes dying.

Also, the game has no difficulty curve. Some of the levels in worlds 2 and 3 are harder than the end-game levels, so don't get discouraged by the fact that there are a bunch more worlds to get to.

Thanks. I got myself a new Dualshock 4 and I managed to get a bit further in the game, but I still cannot get 3 stars on some of the levels. Really finding this one crazy.

Yeah, you're right, some of the earlier levels are harder than the later levels.

Guess, I'll just have to keep trying and practicing. Some are within a millisecond of 3 stars and I retry multiple times to go that little bit faster, but just can never seem to make it, even after seeing your video and the path you take, I still don't make it.

Posted (edited)

There's a little exploit I found. Not sure if I'm the first to find it, plus it's pretty small anyway. When using the teleports/portals, pause the game and don't unpause until you've fully teleported. This will save you the amount of time it would have taken off the clock. I'm only on Stage 3, so I'm not sure how useful this is throughout the game.

Edit: Just saw on another forum someone posted something similar, but it turns out the pausing trick has a lot more use than I thought. You can even use it to skip some parts of levels and move through things you aren't supposed to be able to.

Edited by MattPieti

3stars is time based i see, but how stressy is it for the 3 stars, i mean if your fastest and still have 0.5 sec left then it is a stressy game lol just wondering before buying

2 hours ago, XilixiR said:

3stars is time based i see, but how stressy is it for the 3 stars, i mean if your fastest and still have 0.5 sec left then it is a stressy game lol just wondering before buying

It's a reasonably "stressy" game. You have to be fast, and you will die a *lot*.

But on the flip side, you are meant to die a lot -- there are no load times, so when you die, you are instantly playing again with no penalty. You're meant to just try to fly through things without thinking too much, and hope for the best. Eventually you get lucky.

4 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

It's a reasonably "stressy" game. You have to be fast, and you will die a *lot*.

But on the flip side, you are meant to die a lot -- there are no load times, so when you die, you are instantly playing again with no penalty. You're meant to just try to fly through things without thinking too much, and hope for the best. Eventually you get lucky.

allright, thank you :D