Because of major glitches I wasn't the first to beat game

dimewoods

So from Thursday (preorder release to Sunday at 6 am I played the game non stop, no sleep getting trophy after trophy. Then came my career mode, I played this for 3 days straight with nothing but glitches, side quest had me wrestling for 3 months before it would be completed some were endless and couldnt be completed...and career levels stopped after I won 2 championships, I couldn't do promos to get influenece or popularity and I couldn't do any more side quest. I stayed up and played longer than anyone yet glitches just held me back and wasted hours upon hours of my time. Some of those that got all trophies didn't do it the right way or found shortcuts which i guess it is what it is, 2k18 owes me money for a flawed game that I could not complete 

not to seem mean, but there's reasons why i don't buy the game on day 1. sometimes glitches happen :(.

even faced one myself on a different game (this was somewhat costly) happened in just cause 3. would of finished it 1 day sooner not for having to redo 1 whole island.

• Like 2

I had issues with bugged trophies in the past, but despite it's their fault for not doing their best making the game, to complain about not being the first addict to finish the game.... It seems kinda nonsense to me. This happens all the time, some platinums are unobtainable until severals days and weeks later from the release day. I know it's a pain but it's a common thing nowadays. They do not owe you nothing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chester said:

I don't think you understand what a corporate shill is lmao

I doubt you will illuminate it for me.

Look, the OP wasn't complaining that trophies were too hard. He was complaining about legitimate glitches and bugs found in the game (bugs that have been documented elsewhere). And what was the response? The best one was that he should have waited to buy the game, because broken games are the norm. Accept it and move on.

It's almost as if a working game should be considered a gift to us. I mean, if you guys aren't getting paid for this, you really should be.

But I know I won't gain ground with you intellectuals, so I'll bow out now. But my comment stands - as a community, this place really sucks nowadays.

6 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Games that don't work properly sucks, but unless something was different than advertised I don't see you getting your money back.

Of course he's not going to get his money back. I think he was aware of that as well. But is this the metric that we, as gamers, promote? I don't think that a consumer shouldn't expect a product to work, simply because there was no advertisement that it would work. That should be a given.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Look, the OP wasn't complaining that trophies were too hard. He was complaining about legitimate glitches and bugs found in the game (bugs that have been documented elsewhere). And what was the response? The best one was that he should have waited to buy the game, because broken games are the norm. Accept it and move on.

It's almost as if a working game should be considered a gift to us. I mean, if you guys aren't getting paid for this, you really should be.

But I know I won't gain ground with you intellectuals, so I'll bow out now. But my comment stands - as a community, this place really sucks nowadays.

Of course he's not going to get his money back. I think he was aware of that as well. But is this the metric that we, as gamers, promote? I don't think that a consumer shouldn't expect a product to work, simply because there was no advertisement that it would work. That should be a given.

The gameplay is glitches not the trophies.

I have not experienced one glitch in this game that affects a trophies, as for the player who says about glitches, these things happen with most games in this day and age, and unfortunately is the norm with most 2K games as well, these forum posts for glitches are created every year, as for the community, its no different to anywhere else, if you're going to complain about the community sucks because they have a different view to something than you, then good luck to you.

8 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Look, the OP wasn't complaining that trophies were too hard. He was complaining about legitimate glitches and bugs found in the game. Bugs that have been documented elsewhere. And what was the response? The best one was that he should have waited to buy the game, because broken games are the norm. Accept it and move on.

I think a part of it is that it's almost expected from the series and the publisher. I'd just avoid this series in the future tbh. Support those who make games you enjoy.

Edited by MMDE

10 minutes ago, Chester said:

I have not experienced one glitch in this game that affects a trophies, as for the player who says about glitches, these things happen with most games in this day and age, and unfortunately is the norm with most 2K games as well, these forum posts for glitches are created every year, as for the community, its no different to anywhere else, if you're going to complain about the community sucks because they have a different view to something than you, then good luck to you.

Oh, that's what it is, huh? xD

To demonstrate, I'll give two answers to the post you've written here. Both will hold the same content. See if you can tell the difference:

ANSWER 1: There is nothing wrong with expressing a different view, but why not have a bit of common courtesy when doing so? Again, the OP is complaining about glitches that are documented in the game (despite the fact that you haven't encountered them, they are certainly viewable, on this very forum). It's the complete lack of courtesy that bothers me.

ANSWER 2: Christ - what an illiterate. I mean seriously - run a grammar check! It's no wonder that you can't tell the difference between expressing a differing viewpoint, and piling on to some poor schlub with a legitimate complaint. Stop conflating the two (and you can thank me for linking to the definition of the word - it might have been hard for you to find on your own).

Again, both responses answer point here. But the second one is the work of a complete asshole, and has no place in any forum calling itself a "community".

Edited by starcrunch061

3 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Oh, that's what it is, huh? xD

To demonstrate, I'll give two answers to the post you've written here. Both will hold the same content. See if you can tell the difference:

ANSWER 1: There is nothing wrong with expressing a different view, but why not have a bit of common courtesy when doing so? Again, the OP is complaining about glitches that are documented in the game (despite the fact that you haven't encountered them, they are certainly viewable, on this very forum). It's the complete lack of courtesy that bothers me.

ANSWER 2: Christ - what an illiterate. I mean seriously - run a grammar check! It's no wonder that you can't tell the difference between expressing a differing viewpoint, and piling on to some poor schlub with a legitimate complaint. Stop conflating the two (and you can thank me for linking to the definition of the word - it might have been hard for you to find on your own).

Again, both responses answer point here. But the second one is the work of a complete asshole, and has no place in any forum calling itself a "community".

Just so you know I have a MacBook that runs autocorrect lmao so try again before calling me illiterate, you complain about a community being toxic, you contribute to that toxicity by resorting to name calling, a pretty low point I might add, I made no comment on anyone making their view other than you complaining about someone expressing their OWN viewpoint, if you're resorting to name calling, or calling someone out on their grammar then clearly you understand your argument is pretty baseless, don't try act like such a smartass next time you won't get such a "poor community" as you say.

Just now, Chester said:

Just so you know I have a MacBook that runs autocorrect lmao so try again before calling me illiterate, you complain about a community being toxic, you contribute to that toxicity by resorting to name calling, a pretty low point I might add, I made no comment on anyone making their view other than you complaining about someone expressing their OWN viewpoint, if you're resorting to name calling, or calling someone out on their grammar then clearly you understand your argument is pretty baseless, don't try act like such a smartass next time you won't get such a "poor community" as you say.

<sigh>

That's what you took from my post? 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Chester said:

This is absolutely unacceptable for this to be the norm. I would complain too if I paid full price for a broken, unfinished game. 

• Like 3

Thought about doing something crazy as this when FIFA 18 launched (especially because i had the CR7 Edition, which means i had 3 days ahead of the global release), but i realized it wasn't worth it and i would probably end up hating the game afterwards. Also, wouldn't be fun at all. After one month, i still didn't get the platinum, but had more fun and played more games than any other FIFA so far. 

Just forget about it, dude, there are more important things than this. Next WWE just play it normally without worrying about being the first in the world, especially because there are others that will try to do the same thing. :highfive: