Ranking System

Netto20XX

Hey all,

I'm trying to go for Special AGENT and having some trouble.  Hoping some of you fine folks can please explain how the ranking system works in this game, since I have no idea! ? 

I've seen many videos with people running through the game on Easy and earning S Ranks, despite taking many hits, ignoring bonus coins, health packs, and failing to save their partner. 

Questions:

• What's the number one factor that determines your rank?
  • What does NOT affect your rank?
  • In terms of accuracy, when a zombie goes down on the ground should you be wary of spamming too much as it may affect your accuracy?
  • Is it okay to spam bosses with hits when they're not completely vulnerable (red bar)?

Any other tips would be most useful.

Thanks!

Edited by Netto20XX

• 1 year later...
On 26/10/2017 at 3:18 AM, Netto20XX said:

Hey all,

I'm trying to go for Special AGENT and having some trouble.  Hoping some of you fine folks can please explain how the ranking system works in this game, since I have no idea! 1f604.png 

People say accuracy, headshots, speed, score, avoiding getting hit... but honestly it just feels off to me. I was constantly getting B on the Prologue and Stage 1 was constantly A. Stage 4, with Death, also would give me A half the time.

Trying to headshot things fast and being accurate, perhaps avoiding the Quadra shot and instead using a doubleshot might help in that... maybe... oddly there are a few things that could possibly help. I saw online someone mention that they got Special Agent when they set their game to 3 lives/9 credits, then someone responded saying it worked for them. I tried it, might have used freeplay instead I forget... and it worked. Got an A on the Prologue... yeah, might be worth a shot.

Oh and yes, do keep shooting the bosses always. I've seen some say to not shoot the fool but considering his health does slightly go down... I think it should be fine, and besides I was always S ranking it's level so if it works against you then certainly didn't much.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/3/2019 at 7:49 PM, Raqus said:

I have done all these things repeatedly and the ranks I get seem to be random. Level to level will vary from S to C and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it

Just finished getting this trophy was able to get S rank on all the levels, I had my settings at Very Easy, 3 Lives, Free Play and I prioritized speed to get as many “excellents” as possible, hitting as many secret items as possible, and getting all the rescue opportunities. I got hit outside of the Curien fight probably 5 times and only used one continue. Seems like the biggest factor is killing the closest enemy to you as soon as they’re on screen as quick as possible, I didn’t really focus too much on my accuracy but just getting them down as quick as possible and shooting the bodies until they dissolved 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

The best way to get s ranking is the speed not getting hit by the boss it's important and save your partner to get special agent rank ss on campaign you need to have 4 s ranks and 2 a ranks or higher i haven't done the trophy on my profile cuz im working on other stuff but i did help a friend with it and we got it first try. First abuse of the four triggers while shoting to deal tone of damage exept for the boss projectiles and more precisely shots. always save your partner it gives a bust to your rank.  its not necessary to get everything but it can be helpful to get coins and extra lives and be as fast as possible the best way is by abusing the 4 triggers as mentioned and killing all enemies when they down to proceed faster. Give it a shot maybe the first two levels will be b rank at best in the begging but you will see how easy you will get an s later and the top rank is achieved. And of course play on very easy