[UPDATED] Patch 1.04 Did NOT Made “Prolific Creators” Unobtainable

Maxie_M0us3

EDITED: Confirmed by @Seskinator, the lastest patch 1.04 doesn’t affect the trophy at all! What the game does is that it choose 2 of the users questions a round then 1 question for the other rounds, making the trophy still achievable but the way how it unlocks may confuse people.

Original post:

Hello guys, as you may know, the update 1.04 has added an option to choose how long games are. T

he default is now "medium", which visits 3 areas per game. There's "long" (4) and "short" (2).

Oddly enough, @elzueco reported me about an issue since update 1.04. He says that now you can only set your game with “long game” which is now 4 rounds + the final round. This isn’t enough to play all 6 user-made questions because you need 6 rounds before the final round. As we know, Prolific Creators trophy requires to have 6 devices and that 6 user-made questions are played and answered to unlock the trophy.

This can mean that the developers have unintentionally made the trophy unachievable, so the Platinum too. For anyone reading this, if you haven’t updated the game to 1.04, don’t update it just in case.

For evidence, if you check the trophy’s latest achievers, at least a player gets Prolific Creators every single day but since the 24th October, no more players got it. If anyone finds a way to have 6 rounds or any other way to get this trophy under the 1.04 update, please tell us. Thank you for reading!

Edited by Maxie Mouse
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxie Mouse said:

This can mean that the developers have unintentionally made the trophy unachievable, so the Platinum too.

That's so stupid on their side. On the other hand my plat will stay ultra rare ...........but sucks that other gamers can't plat it. 

• Like 2

@Bumperklever @StrickenBiged I didn’t yet. *sigh* I never thought that I’d need to email them again, when I requested them to enable user-made questions online but they refuse to prevent inappropriate stuff... when we know that online mode is private and through friends invite only...

And, apparently, their just-released latest game Knowledge is Power has no sign of online mode, resulting us to set all the emulators thing again! 

I swear, Wish Studios aren’t trophy hunter friendly at all. They really make us to WISH some troubleless trophies.

Edited by Maxie Mouse
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Dwightsarmy14 said:

it's not worth it

I think it's fun enough with friends. I had a good laugh with my mates (who do not play games) playing it. The girls in our group loved it. 

Maybe play it on an alt account if you're worried about trophies @Crazy - I would recommend it as a fun party game to play with non-gamer friends. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Maxie Mouse said:

Hello guys, as you may know, the update 1.04 has added an option to choose how long games are. The default is now "medium", which visits 3 areas per game. There's "long" (4) and "short" (2).

Oddly enough, @elzueco reported me about an issue since update 1.04. He says that now you can only set your game with “long game” which is now 4 rounds + the final round. This isn’t enough to play all 6 user-made questions because you need 6 rounds before the final round. As we know, Prolific Creators trophy requires to have 6 devices and that 6 user-made questions are played and answered to unlock the trophy.

This can mean that the developers have unintentionally made the trophy unachievable, so the Platinum too. For anyone reading this, if you haven’t updated the game to 1.04, don’t update it just in case.

For evidence, if you check the trophy’s latest achievers, at least a player gets Prolific Creators every single day but since the 24th October, no more players got it. If anyone finds a way to have 6 rounds or any other way to get this trophy under the 1.04 update, please tell us. Thank you for reading!

I can 100% confirm that the recent patch DOES NOT affect the Prolific Creators trophy. My game is fully up to date on my PS4 and even though the locations only go up to 5 here is what the devs did:

At Location 3 for my game they asked 2 of the questions created by players. It did not ask any more questions or do any other modes in that location. For the remaining 4 locations they asked one of the player created questions. 

My trophy popped when the final round started.

I discovered this using 3 emulators for droid on my PC and 3 other devices. 

I now have the trophy. 

I hope this helps everyone else who thinks it is un-achievable because it definitely is still achievable. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Did I miss a step somewhere? Played 2 6-player games on a "fresh" PS4 system last night (4 of the devices had never played a game of "That's You" before). The game wanted to and we allowed it to update to the latest version before we started playing.

Created a few questions of each device before game 2 and believe all players chose to select/use a question before we started 2nd game. No one "dropped" during the game AFAIK.

Wasn't even aware you could select game length (or whether that's changed again during the life of this product).

Whilst we didn't collude on each question/category chosen initially, pretty sure we got thrown into a 5-round game because remember seeing 2/5 and 3/5 display towards top-of-screen during the game. I also believe I saw noticed one of "our" questions during each of these rounds and during one round (round 3?) I definitely remember seeing two user picture questions because they were on the same topic (draw someone in their swimwear) appeared. Confirming again after the game, everyone says they chose a question to be selected (but I didn't ask further if they remembered seeing it.)

Yet, whilst the "card background" (because we selected first 6 in first game, 2nd six in second game) trophies popped as well as the Authority (use a text question) and Doodling (use a picture question) trophies, "Prolific Creators" did not.

Did I just miscount by one? Is there a 6-round or more game I should have selected first? What happens if 6 people choose 6 different categories (although we appear to have doubled up on one at least) at the start of the game... does the game automatically get longer to accommodate all locations (since I believe the category of the question chosen drives the location) or does one of the rounds become a "generic" location where the other 3 questions are done (assuming 3 round locations from 3 questions, 1 round with 3 of the "other" questions and then the final round).

I see other people have obtained both the platinum and this "Prolific Creator" trophy since October 26 so I assume I've missed some glaringly obvious but I'm not sure what.

The other posts mention " but the way how it unlocks may confuse people." and " I just tried twice and the trophy didn't pop.  I had six devices connected and the game length set to long (which only gives 5 rounds).  The Prolific Creator is therefore unachievable as of now.  Just saw the other post on here that there is still a way to obtain the trophy, going to try now. "

Have I missed an explanatory post somewhere?

Easy trophy. I did use one iPad and two Androids. Other 3 with emulator Genymotion. I did following method:

- Add 2 pictures to The Wild section

- Add 1 picture and 1 question to School section

- Add 2 questions to Travel section

Don't add all questions and pictures on one phone/iPad/emulator! You need to add one picture or question EACH phone/iPad/Emulator.

I did add all 6 pictures and questions to the game. I saw I got 8 rounds: Paint, Travel, Home Life, School, Time Travel and Wild. First, third and fifth chapters you need to select a random answers each phone, but for at second, fourth and sixth chapter I got my own question and/or picture (2 each chapter)! After my sixth chapter I got trophy and I closed the game, didn't finish te game. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/11/2017 at 1:46 PM, Maeglenus said:

Did this n it worked like a charm.  Got my questions, 2 each round, on rounds 2, 4 n 6.  Trophy popped after finishing round 6.

Edited by hungherk

• 2 weeks later...
On 29.11.2017 at 8:46 PM, Maeglenus said:

Don't add all questions and pictures on one phone/iPad/emulator! You need to add one picture or question EACH phone/iPad/Emulator.

I did add all 6 pictures and questions to the game. I saw I got 8 rounds: Paint, Travel, Home Life, School, Time Travel and Wild. First, third and fifth chapters you need to select a random answers each phone, but for at second, fourth and sixth chapter I got my own question and/or picture (2 each chapter)! After my sixth chapter I got trophy and I closed the game, didn't finish te game. 

100% confirmed way to earn the trophy.

• 1 month later...

I achieved the 'Prolific Creators' trophy this evening using the following method:

2 questions in 'Wild'

2 questions in 'School'

2 questions in 'Travel'

I played a long game, and when these three rounds appeared, the questions I had written on each device (5 phones and 1 tablet) appeared as the first two questions in each of the rounds.

I can't claim to know if this will definitely work for all, but it worked nicely for me!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/8/2018 at 1:06 PM, gafpiratehook said:

Got "Prolific Creators" with latest patch (1.04) on my first try: short game, 3 custom questions in "wild", 3 custom questions in "school", got the trophy shortly after 6th custom question.

After multiple failed attempts using other methods, this worked on the first try. This should be the go-to solution for anyone experiencing issues with this trophy. 

• 1 month later...
On 20.2.2018 at 11:41 PM, qvize77 said:

I achieved the 'Prolific Creators' trophy this evening using the following method:

2 questions in 'Wild'

2 questions in 'School'

2 questions in 'Travel'

I played a long game, and when these three rounds appeared, the questions I had written on each device (5 phones and 1 tablet) appeared as the first two questions in each of the rounds.

I can't claim to know if this will definitely work for all, but it worked nicely for me!

I can also confirm that it worked for me 1st try so thats another thump up ;)