How do you keep track of your games?

theSpirae

Recently, I've made a thread whether you activate (add to PSNProfile) games right away and most of you don't. Now, my question is how do you keep track of games you have, you want to finish soon, you want to 100%, etc. This question is mostly aimed at people with a lot of games.

I have over 1000+ on PC and it's painful to keep track of all of them. Most of them are on Steam, but there are DRM free, Origin Uplay, old discs, and so on. Having excel spreadsheet (categorised by genre, games I want to finish soon, games w/o achievements) was my only option but I'm still not sure how to structure it. Maybe you have better ideas ;) 

I have an excel spreadsheet with formulas to replicate the same info as on psnp (bar the leaderboards of course). But my sheet will actually calculate approx. time to completion of a game based on avg trophy completion time, specific to grade. Yes excessively ocd lol but precise. But it’s only tuned to the PlayStation platform, so no ideas on cross platform compatibility 

• Like 1

I used some sites for game tracking before but in the end still go back to excel.
I listed out all the games I purchased digitally (because the PSN website is slow as heck and I own all 3 devices PS4, PS3, PS Vita).

Game is listed with purchase date, release date, platform and the price that I bought. For high price games I often play immediately and it's shown on PSN profiles so I won't forget about them.

For cheaper games if I have no idea what to play next I would pick the game that have the earliest purchase date (most of the time) or release date.

That's for PS only. For PC I don't really care about Steam achievement so I play whatever I want.

And just want to brag a bit, I have recently completed all the games that I bought in 2015 ?

Grouvee, mainly for PS but I really don't need it since I've been playing 2 games at a time, it's not hard to track with this site. Maybe I'll find more use for it in the future, if my PS library gets as clustered as my Steam's.. 

On Steam I just use its built-in feature to categorize games in my library. It's fast and handy, I really don't have time for excel and other stuff lol. 

Edited by Ac3NiNjA

In theory I use an excel file as well. In praxis, I usually don't get to update it as fast or often as I buy new games or get new ones through PS+, so yeah... I mostly keep track through downloading them on my system but not starting them until I really want to add them to my backlog on PSNP. For everything I already started I use PSNP. ames on other platforms don't interest me as much as they used to anymore so I don't try to keep track of them.

For my Playstation Games i use an excel sheet which i update for every new game and trophy so fairly often. Nothing alike on PC though as i don't play pc games anymore...

As for what to play: i look at my games list here on psnp and think about games i wanna get all trophies like U3 and U4 (latter done now), then RUSE cuz Server closes soon. Was asked to boost Lost Planet 2 and agreed... Bought Skyrim PS4 two days ago and want to play only that now :D

So in short: i jump from game to game sometimes with high trophy progression to finish and sometimes from low percentage to finish. Games with no dlc and no mp trophies prefered but i'll get them too for god's sake :D

Edited by Evil_Joker88

I simply just use the Notes app on my phone. I own a shit ton of games across PS3 and 4 and they're all spread across multiple accounts, so when I realized it was getting chaotic I knew I had to do something about it. I don't list games from any other platforms either than the two I mentioned, and I only list games that I know I will be playing (if I know I don't like a game, I won't list it). I have split up the note in four sections, 'Own' (for games I own), 'Must buy' (for games I need to buy), 'Unreleased' (for games I am anticipating) and 'Undecided' (for games I think I might like, but haven't decided on playing yet). All the games have been listed in an order of play. So, the order I have listed them is the order I will be playing those games.

As a 100% account, I usually only play games one at a time. So as I go down the list I just cross off the game I am currently playing. On rare occasions I will play more than one game at a time, due to special circumstances. Whatever is added to my trophy list, get's removed from the list in my Notes app.

I've got a google sheet going with all the games I'm currently working on and move them up or down the list as a mini priority thing. I start at the top and go down until I find a game I want to play. Once it is done I tick it and it puts a line through it so I can see my progress. Simple but it works for me

notebook keeps track of every game that i have currently that has trophy's to earn. after i finish game i will look through the list to find one and check the difficulty, missables and such to make sure i can complete it.

though i may have to start including more of the 100% games. i have been lacking in playing those. already have 2 planned after arc the lad. though not sure about completion time with this one (takes 75 hours to complete) which averages 2-3 weeks or less if things go right.

Edited by kingdrake2

My digital games are a mess. PlayStation still need to sort their stuff out in terms of presentation of digital libraries. But for all my physical games I use CLZ Games. They have a PC application you can download, a mobile app and online software. These can all link up to one account. I have the phone app and the PC software and could not be happier. Syncing to and downloading from the cloud on mobile and PC takes no time at all.

Here's my physical game collection if you're interested: https://cloud.collectorz.com/299748/games

For me it was always about convenience and could never commit to a spreadsheet, word document or notepad document because I'm lazy.

Edited by olimoo101

I just use a word document with the names of the games for each platform and I decide if I want to 100% them or not when I'm playing the games. I'm not planning anything in advance because I don't want to 100% a game that I didn't like that much. 

I also have another word file with my objectives for the year so I don't forget what I need to buy/finish before the end of the year :) 

I keep a Google Sheet and using the Notes feature on my iPhone to keep track on what games I'm going to play a certain month, which ones I will try to platinum and to manage my backlog. This is to prevent me wasting time trying to figure out what game to play. 

I developed a database that I store on my website. It keeps track of which games I want to play, which ones I'm yet to buy and what console they're for.

And because I record footage for everything for Youtube, it also stores the length of the games that I have played playtime, number of videos, and their filesizes in Decimal and Binary, and as well as which optical disc format I should back those videos up to in case of Harddrive failure.

Edited by Gazmanafc

I use this site to keep track of games I've played before but don't have the plat/100% in yet. The majority of my games are physical copies, and they're all displayed on a shelf in plain sight, so I'm not ever gonna forget I own those. :P I have a Notepad document where I list any digital games I haven't played yet and also a rough estimate of what I plan on playing in the near future. It's been working out pretty well so far.

6 hours ago, theSpirae said:

Recently, I've made a thread whether you activate (add to PSNProfile) games right away and most of you don't. Now, my question is how do you keep track of games you have, you want to finish soon, you want to 100%, etc. This question is mostly aimed at people with a lot of games.

I have over 1000+ on PC and it's painful to keep track of all of them. Most of them are on Steam, but there are DRM free, Origin Uplay, old discs, and so on. Having excel spreadsheet (categorised by genre, games I want to finish soon, games w/o achievements) was my only option but I'm still not sure how to structure it. Maybe you have better ideas ;) 

I typically play one or two things at a time :)

I use howlongtobeat.com and just add a game there whenever I buy it. The length of games isn't perfect on there for trophy hunters, but it usually gives me a rough estimate if a game is long or short without me having to Google it and write it down for each game. It also has different categories I can put each game in, allows me to add games or dlcs they don't have in their database, and has a random option that randomly selects a game for me to play.