Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shadowdude64

shadowdude64's Dispute

27 posts in this topic

Replayed the game and got 50% of the shards 12 minutes later?

Sorry, meant reloaded my other save on my evil playthrough. Its been countless years since I played this.

You just happened to have a save right before the 50% too? And you got another trophy in those 12 mins as well...

If I recall, my evil save file was progressing fairly along. Again, it's been a while but that other trophy was just combat related I believe

Unfortunately, exceptions can't be made in these circumstances. You earned your trophies a while after release date, so the saves would have been online by then. The only thing you can do is hide this game from your trophy list to get back on the leaderboards, look at this thread for information: 

Can you provide any evidence?

EX; Videos, screenshots,ETC? Otherwise it seems as if you cheated to earn them

Remembering, I got this game as part of the Welcome Back program after the great PSN outage of 2011. I guarantee I did not use saves of any kind. I earn all of my trophies through my own work, you can verify this is the case on my profile by seeing the multiple games I have platinumed. In fact, I recall enjoying this game so much I purchased Infamous 2 at launch. I do not understand why someone would use a save for such a trivial trophy anyway. Unfortunately, I cannot provide any evidence of a game I platinumed 6 years ago, as I no longer have access to that PS3. The only evidence I can provide is my profile reputation.

For instance, as I said, I enjoyed the first Infamous so much that I purchased all subsequent games in the series at launch. You can take a closer look at my trophy lists for those games below:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/887-infamous-2/shadowdude64

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1132-infamous-festival-of-blood/shadowdude64

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2481-infamous-second-son/shadowdude64

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2823-infamous-first-light/shadowdude64

Clearly, other than playing them nonstop as a teenager with too much time on my hands, I earned all trophies of my own effort. Why would I use an online save for something as trivial as collecting blast shards to save me a few hours? I feel insulted lol honestly more than I should.

I know I'm usually a person who says "anyone who hacks it could use the same excuse" but I think he has a pretty fair point there. It may have been well after patches were released to fix the trophy issues but who's to say he even installed them? I know when I played infamous (I got it through the same way) that I didn't know much about trophy glitches or game patches. Considering this his only discrepancy I personally think he should be unflagged. 

Edited by LeetWolf2

Shard collection is statistically the most cheated trophy in this game, followed closely by stunts.  You'll likely not get this flag lifted.  I've found other games on your list that have impossibly wrong trophy orders, but luckily for you, I'm not motivated to do any flagging since my new Super Nintendo Classic Mini has me glued to the TV.

Thank you, LeetWolf2. I greatly appreciate that you can give me the benefit of the doubt. It's been many years but I did not know that this trophy is highly cheated.

That is simply not true, B1rvine, I assure you that I have earned all of my trophies for all of my games of my own accord. If you do have any apparent concerns, I would be more than happy to address them. I humbly request that my dispute be reviewed once again.

15 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Shard collection is statistically the most cheated trophy in this game, followed closely by stunts.  You'll likely not get this flag lifted.  I've found other games on your list that have impossibly wrong trophy orders, but luckily for you, I'm not motivated to do any flagging since my new Super Nintendo Classic Mini has me glued to the TV.

Which of his games look off to you?

It's been several days without any updates. I am just wondering on the status of my dispute and if it has been reviewed again. 

12 minutes ago, shadowdude64 said:

It's been several days without any updates. I am just wondering on the status of my dispute and if it has been reviewed again. 

This does look like save file use to me.

I kinda want to hear if there are other signs of it or not?

I posted all of trophy lists for the other infamous games above. You can also analyze my profile and all of my other games. Clearly, I have earned all of my trophies through my own effort. I can simply hope you can give me the benefit of the doubt.

After extended research, I have found no other reports of people having not unlocked "Member of the Mineral Club" via a glitch. Without evidence or an example of such cause,  I cannot provide my support. 

That is unfortunate. I do not understand how or why this issue did indeed occur to me. Because I played this game in 2011 on my now long gone PS3, I do not exactly recall the circumstances that surrounded the issue. All I can present is my profile reputation and my word. If these do not suffice then it seems I have no further options. 

if i recall there was a dispute not so long ago that was lifted for the shards being out of order i cant remember the circumstances but thats for the flag team to research i could be wrong tho

11 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

if i recall there was a dispute not so long ago that was lifted for the shards being out of order i cant remember the circumstances but thats for the flag team to research i could be wrong tho

The other person had it so close to release that it wouldn't have made sense if they did hack it. Modern Warfare 2 also had glitches like that at the start when the game was initially released but later on people were able to use saves that had no encryption to hack it. InFamous is also known as a game that has saves that aren't encrypted so it's hard to believe a dispute for the game when the person has earned the trophies more than 2 years after release as opposed to 1 day after release like the dispute you're referring to. 

11 hours ago, Sergen said:

The other person had it so close to release that it wouldn't have made sense if they did hack it. Modern Warfare 2 also had glitches like that at the start when the game was initially released but later on people were able to use saves that had no encryption to hack it. InFamous is also known as a game that has saves that aren't encrypted so it's hard to believe a dispute for the game when the person has earned the trophies more than 2 years after release as opposed to 1 day after release like the dispute you're referring to. 

ah good points like i said i wasnt for sure the circumstances on that other one. disregarding my own disputes and im not defending anyone with this but isnt it a little harsh to automaticaly assume anyone with out of order trophies did cheat or use a save just because those cheats and saves exist? i mean its sorta like assuming johnny cheated because he got a good grade for the first time cause cheat sheets and completed tests do exist in the world some folks might just be playing the game un patched with all the day one bugs and glitches still in it heck alot of folks in here do that so they can use the games bugs to help them get past later patched exploits like duplications and such i just wish there was a definitive way people could prove or disprove there innocence/guilt and not just go on the whole if a save or cheat exists it must have been used 

29 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

im not defending anyone with this but isnt it a little harsh to automaticaly assume anyone with out of order trophies did cheat or use a save just because those cheats and saves exist? 

Maybe PM @B1rvine and ask what other games look fishy to him. I am sure he doesn't want them to publicly get posted so they can't be hidden before the flag goes through.

4 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

...some folks might just be playing the game un patched with all the day one bugs and glitches still in it....

i'm not entirely sure but did 1st infamous get any updates/patches at all?

Just now, Iiah said:

i'm not entirely sure but did 1st infamous get any updates/patches at all?

well if it didnt get any updates or patches that would mean if there was a bug at launch that would pop the shards or any trophy out of order then it would still be there and any dispute on it would have to be accepted and unflagged because it is an actual bug in the game but the flag team says it was fixed or never was there so i dunno i know the 1 guy/girl had it unflagged cause it was so soon after launch it couldnt have been cheated