Controls?

Anybody have a decent explanation with regards to the controls for this game? No in-game tutorial/manual or anything. Confusing as hell. Not a clue how to use the special move where you fill up the gauge. Heard you need to press :triangle::square::circle: simultaneously while all the bars are full to activate it. I've tried this and many other multiple combinations to try and get the move to activate. Nothing... anybody figure it out?

I think it's tap Triangle and Circle.

Whatever combination of buttons it is, it needs to be a quick tap and most of your four gauges will need to be full.

There was a manual on the Vita version, but it wasn't inside the game. It might be on that version too if you press down on the game's logo on the PS4's homescreen.

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

I think it's tap Triangle and Circle.

Whatever combination of buttons it is, it needs to be a quick tap and most of your four gauges will need to be full.

There was a manual on the Vita version, but it wasn't inside the game. It might be on that version too if you press down on the game's logo on the PS4's homescreen.

I was giving triangle and circle a good try yesterday because I noticed that the switch's controls were a + x. (which are positioned where triangle + circle are). Didn't seem to bring much luck but I'll try it again when I play it later.
Also I'll check if the manual thing works too! Cirno is a shitty character if you cannot activate her special. Most of her moves are clearly designed to increase her gauge metre. Driving me crazy not knowing what to press! Thanks again! I'll get back to this thread if it works/if I figure out how it works for the PS4.