Dawnguard DLC

Farhad_S

Reached Level 10 in the Remastered edition, and I seem to have unlocked the Dawnguard Main Quest. This of course means random vampire attacks on NPCs in towns, anyway around this without using mods? Or would the safest thing be to go ahead and finish Dawnguard first, to avoid any unexpected NPC deaths?

• 2 weeks later...

It mainly happens at night and only a chance if you enter the village at night. Either autosave before you enter a village at night or just go into the house and wait until morning. Annoying, I know, but still...however, the likelihood goes way down if you complete Dawnguard and wipe out the vampires.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29/10/2017 at 4:40 PM, Piano Reeves said:

Even after finishing Dawnguard, vampires will occasionally attack. Well, and NPCs will not come back after they die. I had some pretty ugly situations when vampires murdered the smith near the entrance in Whiterun.

I had something similar happen with Ulfberth War-Bear, except mine wasn't killed by a Vampire... I unintentionally murdered him.?

Was my first time playing Skyrim, had no idea what to expect and I was over-encumbered right off the bat, took me ages to get from where you start to Whiterun. Soon as I got there I went in the first building I saw and started looting the place, then he attacked me. I wasn't even aware you could steal at the time, I was just running around pressing X on anything I saw.

So, I killed him, didn't realise it till I was a several hours in and I wasn't going to start again. Played for over 300 hours from there on and mainly used Adrianne Avenicci to sell off my gear. My biggest regret was killing Ulfberth though.

• 7 months later...
14 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Did Bethesda fix anything in re-releases? :o 

Well, it's Bethesda so with any fixed problem, there's at least one new problem. But I specifically remember this being one of the things they adressed.

Maybe just the Switch game then, since that was more of a sideways port instead of a graphical upgrade?

I just checked, and my bad. It was indeed only adressed in the Switch version, and it seems also the VR version. Unsure if it has been addressed for other platforms, I can see no official source on that.

Edited by Ash Williams

1 hour ago, Ash Williams said:

Well, it's Bethesda so with any fixed problem, there's at least one new problem. But I specifically remember this being one of the things they adressed.

Maybe just the Switch game then, since that was more of a sideways port instead of a graphical upgrade?

I just checked, and my bad. It was indeed only adressed in the Switch version, and it seems also the VR version. Unsure if it has been addressed for other platforms, I can see no official source on that.

Maybe they patched the ps4 version too.. We need to check the patchnotes.

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

It's all versions. In fact, it's a point of contention over in Bethesda's forums, that it makes the game unnecessarily soft on the player. Mods came out pretty quick after the change to add the attacks back in.

Just goes to show once again that you can never satisfy everyone.

• 1 month later...
On 6.9.2018 at 10:22 AM, damon8r351 said:

It's all versions. In fact, it's a point of contention over in Bethesda's forums, that it makes the game unnecessarily soft on the player. Mods came out pretty quick after the change to add the attacks back in.

So its patched? Do you have some link to show ? :)

• 7 months later...

Should I play the whole game / plat it before starting this DLC? And what are the exact requirements to get this DLC started?

It's kinda confusing me and I'm scared to miss any trophies.

Can someone tell me the best way please?

I would recommend finishing most of the main game before going for the DLC's. That's what I did since I was able to stock up on potions, good gear and unlock some useful shouts on nearly all of my playthroughs. Usually, I go Main - Dawnguard - Hearthfire - Dragonborn. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dakk55 said:

I would recommend finishing most of the main game before going for the DLC's. That's what I did since I was able to stock up on potions, good gear and unlock some useful shouts on nearly all of my playthroughs. Usually, I go Main - Dawnguard - Hearthfire - Dragonborn. 

Thank you!

You also had no issues with any trophies by playing this way?

50 minutes ago, Sanakoev- said:

Should I play the whole game / plat it before starting this DLC? And what are the exact requirements to get this DLC started?

If you reach lvl 11ish there will be a cult that can attack you as a random encounter (usually in cities). If you read the note on their regretful corpses the DLC starts. tbh i would do it asap as theres amazing loot and shoots to be unlocked. no need to wait till post-maingame

@Sanakoev- DLC's don't really interfere with each other so nothing should be missable on that front

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sanakoev- said:

Be sure to finish all the Daedric quests before progressing AT ALL in Dawnguard. I cannot stress this enough. Dawnguard has an unpatched bug in it that causes the Daedric quests to not register as finished after you get the final one. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Remi-chan said:

Be sure to finish all the Daedric quests before progressing AT ALL in Dawnguard. I cannot stress this enough. Dawnguard has an unpatched bug in it that causes the Daedric quests to not register as finished after you get the final one. 

Ffs

I just started Dawnguard tonight and got the first trophy from it (but haven't finished the daedric quests). 

Will I be alright if I just boot up a save from a few nights ago before I went to Dawnguard?

3 minutes ago, JPageMartin36 said:

Ffs

I just started Dawnguard tonight and got the first trophy from it (but haven't finished the daedric quests). 

Will I be alright if I just boot up a save from a few nights ago before I went to Dawnguard?

Yes you'll be fine if you do that. It's what I did to get the trophy myself. Also make sure you DON'T go to Castle Volkihar before awakening Serana. She will not activate the castle gate if you do.

Edited by Remi-chan
  • Like 1