Kill Your Completion V

Okay, here’s my list: 

1- Welcome Park (i just got ny Vita and it loaded so i might as well do it) 

2-My name is mayo (bought this last year on launch day and i still didnt get to it) 

3-From Dust (a surprisingly decent strategy game on PS3, who would’ve thought?) 

4-Alien Rage (a mistake i did with a PS Plus game that i started before knowing anything about the game and its so bad)

5-Ultratron (been some time so i have to get back and finish this one) 

6-Journey (this is an amazing game that i’ll 100% just because of how amazing it is) 

if anyone want recommend me a plat i’ll take it into consideration as i am always buying new games and not playing them x))

This looks fun. I haven’t kept up on the previous threads, but it’s been a while since I joined an event that wasn’t always ongoing. I’ll go with the five game schedule since I’m expecting school to tick up a little bit with prep for finals in December. I'll go with easier games since it will be a welcoming break from studying.

My games:

1.       The Sims 3.

2.       Unravel.

3.       Oxenfree.

4.       Faery: Legends of Avalon.

5.       Rebel Galaxy.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Arctic Cress said:

I'm in. I have a few 2017 games I'd like to get some play time into.

Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey

Blue Reflection

Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers

Touhou Genso Wanderer

Yakuza: Kiwami

Only five since I'm pretty sure Super Mario Odyssey will take a good chunk of my free time this month, but I'll definitely put some time in the above games as well.

Can't wait for you to play Touhou. Been waiting for it to go on sale again. Heard Blue Reflection was awesome, might have to skip your thoughts on that one. I don't want to spoil anything for myself.

Just wanted to say thatall my games have been downloaded to my PS4. Except for Battlefront II, naturally, as it has not been released yet.

I've downloaded all the games I mentioned in my post in the old KYC thread, so I'm keeping the ones that didn't make the cut on there. That way, I'll already have my next list ready, so I will fill KYC6 with games I don't actually feel like starting myself but have gotten through PS+ and feel like giving a chance through the event. Will probably be fun for everyone else, seeing me rage quit game after game.

33 minutes ago, vin_rob said:

I still have 2 days to get back to my previous percentage 53,24% currently 52.90% 

Good luck, you can do it! :D 

I'm only missing 0.04% to get back to my previous completion percentage. I would have liked to go back to the 90%+ though but it's getting harder and harder. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

You always know that KYC is going on when you hit the like cap.

I guess I'm gonna do a bit of preview this time around, so here goes.

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (Vita)

All I know is that it's part of the HDN franchise, and that it's a Tactical-RPG. With neither I have much experience of. The only HDN game I played was Rebirth 1, which I found decent, but nothing to write home about. When it comes to TRPG, all I've experienced is Rainbow Moon, which I strongly disliked- - Honestly I don't expect liking this one very much.

Mafia III (PS4)

Played and platted the 2nd one and loved every minute of it, well almost every minute as collecting the wanted posters was a pain. - Have high hopes for this one.

Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles (PS4)

So... I've seen this being described as "Breath of the Wild without the combat" on several occasions. Which I found funny in itself, as I can't see how a game can be similar to another, when it's lacking one of the main aspects of that game. - Very skeptical about this one, as I have a feeling that it'll bore me to death.

Portal Knights (PS4)

Minecraft with focus on combat, less building, still a lot of fucking gatherng and not looking like an absolute turd. - Sounds promising, I think.

Volume (PS4)

Pretty much only giving this a shot because @Jaguargenie (I think it was you) spoke so highly of it. - I still think I'm not gonna like it though

Battlefield Hardline (PS4)

Been a while since I last played a Military-shooter (yeah I know it's cops and robbers, still Battlefield though). Anyway, slammed by the public for the stupid ass premise and fairly positively received by critics. - Not expecting it too be better than Advanced Warfare, but hoping that it'll be at least somewhat fun.

Tales of Berseria (PS4)

Well, my experience with Tales games can be summed up in about 2 hours of Xillia, Symphonia and Hearts R. So basically I played bugger all of this series. Nevertheless, what I've played I really enjoyed in all of the aforementioned titles. -Probably one of the games I'm most looking forward to trying out (and hopefully stick with it for longer).

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (PS4)

My last experience with the One Piece games (UWR) was pretty mediocre. I also dislike the anime, so any possible fan service goes right of the window on that one. - Once again I'm expecting a mediocre experience from this one, but maybe it'll prove me wrong.

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (PS4)

Another franchise I barely got into. Once again I only played a couple of hours of the first one, and once again I really enjoyed my experience with it. - This time I plan to stick with it through the end.

Final Fantasy XV (PS4)

My reactions throughout the gradual announcement of features of FF XV were pretty much this:

• another FF game - cool I guess, I wished they'd finally implement real-time combat
  • they implement real-time combat - fuck yeah
  • watched Beta footage of the combat - this looks jank as fuck, the camera angle and movement is off... what on earth did they do to this game? Well there's no chance of this getting released when it was supposed to.
  • it gets delayed - ...
  • footage from after release - phew, they seem to have fixed the mess that the combat was. Looks like it could be the best FF I'll ever play.

Anyway, after about a year of it's release the time has come to play it.

So yeah,

Previews, good idea! Will try to make some time for this myself.

• Like 1

OK, here's my list, in no particular order...

1.  The Last Guardian

2.  MeiQ

3.  Way of the Samurai 3

4.  Guacamelee!

5.  Dark Cloud 2

6.  Ys Origin

7.  Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus

8.  Deception IV Blood Ties

9.  Quest of Dungeons

10. Yasai Ninja

My completion rate had recovered from the last one, primarily by playing other stuff. I still have 3 games left from each of the last 2 events that I just haven't completely got back to.  Not sure how fast I'll recover this time.

Here's hoping that my playing time can be more regular.  I'll post my starting CR here tomorrow night.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Cubone said:

Yeah... Not going to happen. I'm not a completionist, and my main focus points in November will be 100% both Super Mario Odyssey and Assassin's Creed Origins, and getting through the story of Star Wars Battlefront II.

Well I never! @Ditto and me changing names has nothing to do with an identity crisis! More of a Team Rocket crisis...

Here's my profile link if you want it. Not going to put it in my original post because then chronologically I wouldn't be responding to anything.

https://psnprofiles.com/BillyHorrible

If you're going to 100% those games, what are you going to do the other 28 days in November?

It's 'kill your completion', not 'boost your completion'... B) you might want to actually read the OP as you're supposed to be playing games you have gotten zero trophies in before the event, and next to that it's usually considered good sportsmanship to include games you can't possibly complete during the event as you're supposed to end with a lower completion percentage than you started with.

Well, i hear what you’re saying but look at how long those games have been dragging my % now! From Dust is approaching a full year and Ultratron is already in its 2nd year i think! They are actually killing my completion percentage and i finally got the will to go after them from this post and you had to take it all away! Come on man...

8 hours ago, Soufwar said:

Okay, here’s my list: 

1- Welcome Park (i just got ny Vita and it loaded so i might as well do it) 

2-My name is mayo (bought this last year on launch day and i still didnt get to it) 

3-From Dust (a surprisingly decent strategy game on PS3, who would’ve thought?) 

4-Alien Rage (a mistake i did with a PS Plus game that i started before knowing anything about the game and its so bad)

5-Ultratron (been some time so i have to get back and finish this one) 

6-Journey (this is an amazing game that i’ll 100% just because of how amazing it is) 

if anyone want recommend me a plat i’ll take it into consideration as i am always buying new games and not playing them x))

None of those games meet the requirements for this event : 

Welcome Park -> less than 2 hours to complete

My Name is Mayo -> ...

From Dust -> you already have 5 trophies

Alien Rage -> you already have 4 trophies

Ultratron -> you already have 7 trophies, takes 3 hours to complete

Journey -> 6 trophies, takes 6 hours to complete

If you lack motivation to clear those games, you should sign up in one of the numerous backlog events available. 

KYC creates backlog, it doesn't clear it. :D 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jaguargenie said:

I did do volume last KYC. But I hated it. Just a word of caution. 

Well, so much for that trail of thought lol. I'm fairly certain there was someone that said something about liking it though :hmm:. Oh well, it's in my backlog so it would be played eventually. Might as well do that in the event xD .

1 hour ago, Soufwar said:

Well, i hear what you’re saying but look at how long those games have been dragging my % now! From Dust is approaching a full year and Ultratron is already in its 2nd year i think! They are actually killing my completion percentage and i finally got the will to go after them from this post and you had to take it all away! Come on man...

Doesn't change the fact, that only games at 0% are allowed in this one. There are other events specifically made for getting back to games that have been neglected for a while.

Like the backlog challenges for example.

This should be more in line of what you're trying to get out of the event.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soufwar said:

I think you have the wrong idea about the event though.

This event is not meant for finishing games that you have already started, it is meant for starting games that you won't be able to finish, and writing reviews on them so the rest of us can know what they're like. You're not supposed to fix your completion percentage, you're supposed to lower it during this event (getting back up in time for the next event is completely optional). Most of us post updates of our thoughts on the games every single day though this is not necessary, an update at the end of each game is required however.

Here are some bits from the OP that show you what it's about:

19 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Participants will each choose a list of 5-15 0% games from their backlog and post them here so everyone can follow along. These games don't have to be pre loaded on your profile, as long as you own them already and haven't earned a trophy they count. Participants will start a new game from that list every couple days for the next month. o.O They WILL then post their thoughts on each game, and write a short review on the final day for each game. This can take any shape or form each person desires.

Won't this completely bone my completion percentage? Maybe? Of the 8 participants who finished the first event, the biggest completion drop was under 5%, and the average was around 2.5%. In the 2nd run we had a participant drop a staggering 11.5%. It really just depends on how many games you've played and how close to 100% you already are.

How does this all work? Really? You didn't read any of the above? Here's the TL:DR version, choose a bunch of games, post them here. Start a fresh game July 1st, play that game three or more hours over the next couple days. When it's time, throw that one in the trash and start game 2, 3, etc. Tell us what you thought of game 1, 2, 3, etc. Have fun.

There are a lot of other events that ARE about getting 100%s and platinums, this KYC event is simply not one of them. At the start of this year, I myself even hosted an event specifically for games that had been on your card for at least a full year. Seeing you've posted games you have already started and games that can be 100%ed within a couple of minutes, it might be better to enter one of those other events. Surely though, you probably have enough unstarted games to enter this KYC event with instead?

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/3313-community-events-contests-we-plays/

50 minutes ago, Myu said:

None of those games meet the requirements for this event : 

Welcome Park -> less than 2 hours to complete

My Name is Mayo -> ...

From Dust -> you already have 5 trophies

Alien Rage -> you already have 4 trophies

Ultratron -> you already have 7 trophies, takes 3 hours to complete

Journey -> 6 trophies, takes 6 hours to complete

If you lack motivation to clear those games, you should sign up in one of the numerous backlog events available. 

KYC creates backlog, it doesn't clear it. :D 

Truth time now: I had Ultratron on my list in KYC3. Though that was a month in which I couldn't do a lot, and next to the short games (Ultratron, Kitten Squad, Kung Fury) I still added enough big games to ensure my ending percentage would be lower than my starting percentage :)

3 minutes ago, Jaguargenie said:

@voodoo_eyes love the idea of previews. I agree w Billy. Might have to do some myself. 

Let's! I probably have some time tonight.

19 minutes ago, Cubone said:

I think you have the wrong idea about the event though.

This event is not meant for finishing games that you have already started, it is meant for starting games that you won't be able to finish, and writing reviews on them so the rest of us can know what they're like. You're not supposed to fix your completion percentage, you're supposed to lower it during this event (getting back up in time for the next event is completely optional). Most of us post updates of our thoughts on the games every single day though this is not necessary, an update at the end of each game is required however.

Here are some bits from the OP that show you what it's about:

There are a lot of other events that ARE about getting 100%s and platinums, this KYC event is simply not one of them. At the start of this year, I myself even hosted an event specifically for games that had been on your card for at least a full year. Seeing you've posted games you have already started and games that can be 100%ed within a couple of minutes, it might be better to enter one of those other events. Surely though, you probably have enough unstarted games to enter this KYC event with instead?

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/3313-community-events-contests-we-plays/

I never joined any events like these so i was pretty excited to enter this one (i admit i didn’t follow the rules but i didn’t know events similar to this one are available left and right on the site)! However, i have a few games sitting on 1% that i just started and got one trophy in them or so and never went back to! Like Furi which i intend to finish one of these days...I’ll gladly withdraw my participation from this event  and will make a new list with some of my unstarted games.

My list for this event 2.0!

so i have to apologize for not following the rules entirely on my first submission. For this second one i will submit one of the games that i’ve been looking forward to play but saving it until i bought my Vita: Downwell! 

Its a somewhat hard game with a learning curve as my research has showed so far. I am gonna start it and do a full 100% review day by day (if the OP accepts it as a good submission)!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

I never joined any events like these so i was pretty excited to enter this one (i admit i didn’t follow the rules but i didn’t know events similar to this one are available left and right on the site)! However, i have a few games sitting on 1% that i just started and got one trophy in them or so and never went back to! Like Furi which i intend to finish one of these days...I’ll gladly withdraw my participation from this event  and will make a new list with some of my unstarted games.

Yeah there are events aplenty, and if you can't find one you like you're always allowed to create your own.

Personally I always enjoy these KYC events, I like playing a new game for a few hours and writing about hem, and seeing others write about games as well. And thanks to PS+, I always have enough unstarted games...

Most games will be allowed in here as long as you have 0% of the trophies obtained at the moment. I think an unofficial rule of the first event was that general completion time of games had to be at least ten hours. There's some leeway there but @Hemiak will probably not allow games like Mayo or Welcome Park, which can be 100%ed in minutes.

Hope you have enough unstarted games to join, it certainly will be a fun event!

1 minute ago, Cubone said:

Yeah there are events aplenty, and if you can't find one you like you're always allowed to create your own.

Personally I always enjoy these KYC events, I like playing a new game for a few hours and writing about hem, and seeing others write about games as well. And thanks to PS+, I always have enough unstarted games...

Most games will be allowed in here as long as you have 0% of the trophies obtained at the moment. I think an unofficial rule of the first event was that general completion time of games had to be at least ten hours. There's some leeway there but @Hemiak will probably not allow games like Mayo or Welcome Park, which can be 100%ed in minutes.

Hope you have enough unstarted games to join, it certainly will be a fun event!

My library of games is over 600 games across all Sony platforms (didn’t buy them all, i get free codes to games because of my studies) so i first want bump up my PSN level because you dont get any respect in the trophy hunting community if you’re not at least a lvl 20. I try to play everything from a 2 hours 100% to 200+ hours 100% depending if i like the game. I never quit games though, so even if i started a game more than a year ago like Furi sitting on a 1% only, i’ll always get back to it and will get its 100% 

Do you think Downwell is an acceptable submission or should i change it? 

1 minute ago, Soufwar said:

My library of games is over 600 games across all Sony platforms (didn’t buy them all, i get free codes to games because of my studies) so i first want bump up my PSN level because you dont get any respect in the trophy hunting community if you’re not at least a lvl 20. I try to play everything from a 2 hours 100% to 200+ hours 100% depending if i like the game. I never quit games though, so even if i started a game more than a year ago like Furi sitting on a 1% only, i’ll always get back to it and will get its 100% 

Do you think Downwell is an acceptable submission or should i change it? 

I have Downwell on my own list this month, so if you play it we can compare opinions :)

Downwell is a tiny game but I don't think it's a short one, howlongtobeat.com says it's a 10+ hour completion.

Anyways it's not like it's forbidden to do any short games at all. A good measure is to compensate a short game (like Four Sided Fantasy) with a long game (like The Witcher III).

• Like 1