Kill Your Completion V

34 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I'm actually currently working on Final Fantasy XIII's plat.  I'm up to chapter 11 in it now when I stopped at chapter 3 during the event.  Can't really say I like it much better now, the combat is still insanely boring, the characters not very likable and I can't find much of a reason to care about the plot, but I want to finish it and get it off my backlog since it's not a difficult plat, just a grindy one.  This will probably be my next plat from this event.

• Time and Eternity still at 18%
  • Final Fantasy XIII 4% after event, up to 24%
  • Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny 4% after event, up to 10%
  • Resonance of Fate 4% after event, up to 10%
  • Muramasa Rebirth 18% after event, up to 80%
  • htoL#NiQ - The Firefly Diary 6% after event, up to 37%
  • Mind Zero :platinum:
  • Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll :platinum:
  • Ateiler Rorona 4% after event, up to 8%

I didn't like FF13 much, but I did enjoy the gameplay. I also liked doing the missions. I have to go back to Muramasa Rebirth as well. I didn't really play so much, but would probably go back to SAO: HF first. Good luck on your other games.

Not sure how active this thread is anymore, but this is a heads up to any participant from this or any previous KYC event. If anyone is interested in a NA PS4 digital copy of South Park: The Stick of Truth, PM me for a free copy. I'm not interested in replaying it and I might as well give it away before the code expires at the end of the month.

• 3 weeks later...

I've only gotten back to one game from KYC 4 recently, which is Dead Effect 2. Probably the game with the most incorrect trophy descriptions ever. Still have 10 trophies to go, out of which 3 are grind heavy. I'm also planning on picking up FF XV again, as I'm nearing my 250th plat and want to make that game the milestone for it.

I tried giving Foul Play another go, but it still hurts my hands.

For the next KYC installment I'd probably go with fewer games, if the option is given.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 3

On 1/11/2018 at 11:07 AM, Kevvik said:

Sick in bed with pneumonia and my life still could have been more productive than the end game grind to the platinum.

Sorry to hear you had the same thing I had last week. It sucks to be filled with fluid all week and cough it up over and over, never getting any sleep. I'm sorry about the game too. I am a bit used to grinding but from the sound of it, I would have Hell with this game. xD

Hope you feel better soon.

2 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I'm sorry about the game too. I am a bit used to grinding but from the sound of it, I would have Hell with this game. xD

I'm not above a grind as long as there seems a point (find better gear, develop new skills, even unlocking outfits/appearances).  The only point here was the trophy and a couple things unlocked by the number of kills but you can do everything else in the game by 10k kills so having to a crap load more battles to level up your outfits (with no visible changes and no obvious effect on stats since they are long since maxed out) and get to 30k kills with only a trophy for motivation just felt pointless.

It's too bad because the game wasn't unenjoyable until plummeting down the grind path.

On 2/15/2018 at 6:18 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

Okage Shadow King

I feel your pain, @voodoo_eyes. I did enjoy and beat this game on the PS2 but that one trophy in the port requiring you to farm a super-rare monster for its rare drop was the straw that ruined the camel's back. And I really loved the artwork of Evil King Stan! One of my favorite villains! :(

3 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I feel your pain, @voodoo_eyes. I did enjoy and beat this game on the PS2 but that one trophy in the port requiring you to farm a super-rare monster for its rare drop was the straw that ruined the camel's back. And I really loved the artwork of Evil King Stan! One of my favorite villains! :(

A lot of games tend to have something grind-related in their trophy list. I feel it becomes a problem, when the gameplay doesn't  make the process enjoyable or at least tolerable. That comes down to personal preference I guess. Okage had far worse issues than just the grinding though, which is why to me it's one of the worst RPGs I've played so far.

OT:

Actively started to get back into Final Fantasy XV, which I hope to complete sometime next month. Making decent progress so far, even though I'm only in Chapter 3, but I'm going ham on the side quests now, so that I can eventually focus on only the main quest later on. Not looking forward to leveling up fishing at all though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I might get into XV, since the PSN store has a Flash Sale where the regular edition is now $19.99 until the 19th. I need a lot of second opinions before I commit since I know that there is a lot of really brutal DLC attached to it and I don't think I could handle the foodgasms. xD

I personally have no intention of getting the DLC. When it comes to RPGs, what I want is story content. Instead this one offers, time trials, score attacks and all that kind of nonsense, which I can see fitting into a pure hack-and-slash game like Bayonetta, DMC, etc., not into an RPG.

• 2 weeks later...