Kill Your Completion V

On 10/31/2017 at 10:32 PM, PerryToxteth said:

Poor Hem, first day of the contest and it loks like he's going to be glued to a Game 7 on his TV. 

The funny thing is I'm not a baseball fan. I've probably watched more baseball this week than I have in the last 15 years. I can't go back farther than that because my college room mate was a huge Giants fan and his dad had season tickets, so we would hit like 10-15 games a year, with his dad putting us up in a hotel for the weekends. We're definitely an American football family here.

OK, the main post should be fully updated. Let me know if something doesn't look right or I messed up a link or something. Hope everyone is enjoying day one.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mking_63 said:

@Cubone I've never played Xeodrifter but going off of your review I think you are going to absolutely hate Downwell. Well at least it was free.

Based on the graphics and sounds in a youtube gameplay video, I thought so too at the time. However, I saw at least one reviewer who hated the graphics as well but claimed that great gameplay was hidden underneath, this is what makes me feel like at least giving it a try.

And hey, if I don't like it, at least you'll be able to read another angry review :)

A point which I forgot in my review is playing on the big screen. With Shovel Knight, I started out playing in handheld mode on the Switch. Eventually the graphics were fine in docked mode, and I played Axiom Verge completely in docked mode, but Stardew Valley I refuse to play docked. It helps with the Switch that I can choose to use a small screen if the graphics don't appeal to me on the big television screen.

• Like 2

Just now, Cubone said:

I still can't get used to trophy hunters complaining about extra content for a game...

I'm not complaining about the extra trophy dlc pack. Since I was planning on playing that game again nonetheless. 

I was just stating that it's a good start for lowering my completion rate at the start of the event. =) 

1 minute ago, vin_rob said:

I'm not complaining about the extra trophy dlc pack. Since I was planning on playing that game again nonetheless. 

I was just stating that it's a good start for lowering my completion rate at the start of the event. =) 

Yeah, you weren't really complaining but your choice of words comes very close to the complainers, which made my mind go on a tangent :)

Just now, Cubone said:

Yeah, you weren't really complaining but your choice of words comes very close to the complainers, which made my mind go on a tangent :)

my bad, I'm also watching tv I guess didn't really thought about my choice of words lol. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Game #1: Lili: Child of Geos (Day 1 + 2)

L0e11c1.png

This game is boring. This game is an adventure without combat.

*snip*

I actually have this game on my wishlist. It's a shame that you don't enjoy it very much. From your description it sounds like virtual gardening (which is probably what I can expect from Yonder).

• Like 1

I want to participate in one of these some day. I'm trying to clear the backlog a bit and platinum as many easy games as possible, and starting next year, I am going to do what I did prior to this year which was platinum games that are either A.) Super easy B.) Out of boredom C.) I REALLY like the game.

Hopefully, I'm able to catch the next one, but this is some great stuff and an interesting read to see people's first impressions of games.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I actually have this game on my wishlist. It's a shame that you don't enjoy it very much. From your description it sounds like virtual gardening (which is probably what I can expect from Yonder).

I haven't played Yonder but what I have seen from it it's very different.

The main problem with Lili is that it is just to repetitive. Each spirit is pretty much the same and appart from chasing all the spirits in an area, going back to talk to someone and going in the next area you can't do much. Each time you leave an area and come back all flowers and vases are back so you can't collect everything. I guess that is for the 1000 flowers and vases trophy.

• Like 1