Kill Your Completion V

5 hours ago, Melanogaster1987 said:

The only thing I've really found not to like about Pinball Arcade is the presence of a couple of annoying bugs. Firstly, the tables that use an alphanumeric LCD display to show scores and messages don't display certain letters correctly in the PS4 version - there are missing line segments in the M, N, Q, R, V, W and * characters, which just doesn't look good. Why they haven't cleaned up such a noticeable problem after 5 years of updates, releases and fixes baffles me. Also, at the end of a game, sometimes the Pinball Arcade's HUD doesn't reappear, forcing me to quit back to the PS4's main menu.

Finally, it would have been nice to have trophies for all the tables, not just the first season, but I can't blame FarSight for this - it's Sony's fault that the trophy system only allows for so many DLC trophy packs per game.

My rating (using BillyHorrible's system): :platinum::gold::gold:Platinum/Gold/Gold:platinum::gold::gold:- The best pinball simulation I've seen yet. If you're at all into pinball, it's definitely worth downloading and at least giving the free table a try.

Weird, I played the game so much yet I didn't notice a bug like that...

Loved the game myself too, I have all of season one and if it's ever on a good sale I want the Black Knight 2000 table as well.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Myu said:

@mking_63 Thank you for your review. FFXIV is on my Weeblympics list but I'm still sure if I want to keep it. The trophies look like they require a lot of effort. Can you tell me what the monthly fee is to play this game? 

I know it wasn't me you asked, but as far as I know the subscription price is 12,99 to get 1 character slot on one server and 14,99 if you want to get 8 character slots on a single server.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I know it wasn't me you asked, but as far as I know the subscription price is 12,99 to get 1 character slot on one server and 14,99 if you want to get 8 character slots on a single server.

And if you want all the trophies, you have to play at least 3 years I think. That's one expensive game. O_o

Everything I've read suggests that the 1000 levequests take the longest to complete. You get 3 allowances to do levequests every 12 hours, so thats 180 allowances per month (30 days). 1000 / 180 = 5.5 months, so I should be able to get the plat within 6 months. You can hold up to 100 allowances at once so I don't even have to log in daily. It's a chunk of time for sure but certainly not 3 years. :lol:

2 minutes ago, mking_63 said:

Everything I've read suggests that the 1000 levequests take the longest to complete. You get 3 allowances to do levequests every 12 hours, so thats 180 allowances per month (30 days). 1000 / 180 = 5.5 months, so I should be able to get the plat within 6 months. You can hold up to 100 allowances at once so I don't even have to log in daily. It's a chunk of time for sure but certainly not 3 years. :lol:

According to the trophy guide, you need at least 900 hours to plat the game. I doubt I could pull 900 hours of gametime in 6 months. :P Maybe 1 year or 1 year and a half ?

12 hours ago, Cubone said:

Weird, I played the game so much yet I didn't notice a bug like that...

Loved the game myself too, I have all of season one and if it's ever on a good sale I want the Black Knight 2000 table as well.

Unfortunately, none of Pinball Arcade's content ever seems to go on sale, if psprices.com is to be believed.

Some tables I would recommend from later seasons are Black Rose, PinBot and The Getaway: High Speed II. Also, F-14 Tomcat, but only if you like a VERY fast-paced game.

9 minutes ago, Cubone said:

Game #2: Darksiders (Warmastered Edition)

Final Review

Total playtime: more than thirteen hours

Trophies: 21/43 for a C rank

God-Horseman Of War

also Zelda and Portal

been there and done that

Darksiders final score:

:silver::silver::bronze:

Next up: Downwell

Shame you didn't enjoy it Billy, but I can understand the way you came to the conclusion.

I've never played a Zelda game and have a very limited experience with Portal so to me, it was all good fun. The lore and design was mostly what I enjoyed out of it though.

When you play Gat Out of Hell, are you playing on PS4? If you are, can do some Co-op if you want?

10 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Shame you didn't enjoy it Billy, but I can understand the way you came to the conclusion.

I've never played a Zelda game and have a very limited experience with Portal so to me, it was all good fun. The lore and design was mostly what I enjoyed out of it though.

When you play Gat Out of Hell, are you playing on PS4? If you are, can do some Co-op if you want?

Yeah games like these are probably more enjoyable when you haven't played what they're ripping off from. I enjoyed Dante's Inferno and Castlevania Lords Of Shadow, but probably wouldn't have if I had already played God Of War and Devil May Cry.

Yeah I'm playing on PS4 (my whole list is PS4 this event) though I have no idea what my schedule will be. Last weekend is for Alienation with @MarkusT1992 and @vin_rob, weekend before that is when Battlefront II has just released and next weekend is probably little to no PS4 gaming for me as we'll have people over.

I might do some time during work days but I have a very irregular schedule. What's your time zone? I'm in Holland so GMT+1 right now.