Zwei II Localization Releases 10/31 (Halloween) on PC

Cave Johnson

I know this is old news, but I'm posting this anyway in case anyone missed it. 

Zwei II is an action RPG developed by Falcom (best known in the west for Kiseki and Ys) that originally released in 2008. I'm pretty sure it was also the last game developed for PC by Falcom. The first game was not localized, but playing it is not needed to understand the story of Zwei II.

6 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Is it really called "Zwei II"? Isn't that a little redundant?

Hm wiki says:

"Zwei II (ツヴァイ 2 Tsuvai 2) is an action role-playing game developed by Nihon Falcom for Microsoft Windows, which released as a direct sequel to Zwei!! in September 2008. A re-release with additional features, Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection, was released in Japan in December 2009, and in English by Xseed Games in October 2017."

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Is it really called "Zwei II"? Isn't that a little redundant?

They removed the II from the title in the West because it has no connections to the first one anyway.

ps: i didn't know it'll be released like tomorrow...

Edited by Lance_87

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, NetEntity said:

I hope they will localize Dinosaur Resurrection eventually.

I still remember when the "I Figli di Gaucci" team announced its English translation in 2011 but still nothing as of today.

Oh and btw they were the first to fan-translate Ys Origin and Xanadu Next before the official localizations.

Maybe there's still hope...

• 2 weeks later...

XSEED's Xanadu Next has some bug in it with the red slimes, last time I played. 

Red slimes explode when they're dying.   In the Japanese version,  just get away from the red slime as it's going to explode and it won't hit you. 

This red slime bug in XSEED's version has the explosion covering the entire room.  You can't escape the damage.    I'm surprised they didn't fix that.