Trophy thoughts on "Detention"

harsly

This game looks so awesome and the trophies are aesthetically pleasing so it's a win for me. :D

What do you think? All but the first three (by default PSN order) are story related is my guess, so a little bit of collecting and just finishing the game. It should be a pretty easy 100%. 

Watch the trailer here:

Spoiler

Also here's the game's website for more info. It really looks like there's been a lot of work and love put into this game, and the reviews from the PC version are very positive. Can't wait! :D

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TachikomaShiki said:

It's easily one of the best games I've played this year. Pretty short with a great story and atmosphere. Trophies are quite simple, a lot of things to collect but they are mostly in your path. I believe the game has a Chapter Select too to finish up any other missed trophies.

Never heard of the game, how good is the story/gameplay?

42 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

Gameplay is pretty straightforward, mostly exploring / puzzle solving with an enemy or two thrown in. The enemies are pretty easy to circumvent though. You definitely should pick up everything you find for the best experience (and a trophy). There’s pictures of collectable locations on steam you can follow because while there is chapter select you need to get all the collectables in a single playthru. I found it will remember what you got in previous chapters so it may work if you only missed items in the last chapter for example.

I thought it had a good atmosphere, I enjoyed it, and it wasn’t too long either. It should be mentioned though that the story is one where you have to infer a decent portion and there isn’t so much explicitly stated, but I think that makes it more intriguing. Everything made a lot more sense when I played it through a second time, though I likely would have understood better if I had greater knowledge of Taiwanese history. I used a guide a few times but without one it should only take a day or two to complete.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ferryjan said:

what region is this list? I have done the US version last month, i like the story and the trophies are very easy. Wanna play this one more time 

I reckon it's the EU version since it isn't available there yet. 

Edit: Or probably it isn't. Seems like an Asian version (Chinese is one of the available languages) 

Edited by Izul
  • Like 1

On 30/10/2017 at 2:54 AM, wackt1 said:

I have a review up here if you want to read it? http://www.squarexo.co.uk/detention-ps4-usa-review/

i really enjoyed it, I've asked the developers about bringing it to Europe - so hopefully it will come over. It's supposedly been rated for the switch so it does look like they are moving forward. It has a few disturbing images and subjects it touches on though, so may be why it's not out here yet?

also, there is another game called coma which is similar, that one is out over here but doesn't have the same feel as this game. 

Also, sorry, I've done a full playthrough on my YT channel, YouTube.com/turniplord - however I urge you to buy and play the game yourself as you'll get the most out of it :) 

On 11/4/2017 at 5:00 AM, turniplord said:

I have a review up here if you want to read it? http://www.squarexo.co.uk/detention-ps4-usa-review/

i really enjoyed it, I've asked the developers about bringing it to Europe - so hopefully it will come over. It's supposedly been rated for the switch so it does look like they are moving forward. It has a few disturbing images and subjects it touches on though, so may be why it's not out here yet?

also, there is another game called coma which is similar, that one is out over here but doesn't have the same feel as this game. 

Also, sorry, I've done a full playthrough on my YT channel, YouTube.com/turniplord - however I urge you to buy and play the game yourself as you'll get the most out of it :) 

lol shameless advertisement, though I will watch it when i decide to buy the game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Any news if it's going to be release on Europe ?  I'm intrigue by this game and want to try it out .

On 19/11/2017 at 1:46 AM, Alondate31 said:

Some indie games are not available for Turkey on ps store but I see that it is not available for europe itself. I hope it will come soon. I really wanna play this game sometime in future

Turkey share the same PStore of Europe right ? I believe that Europe , Middle Estern , Africa and Oceania all share the same PStore but i could be wrong in that regard tho .

23 hours ago, Sigma999 said:

Any news if it's going to be release on Europe ?  I'm intrigue by this game and want to try it out .

Turkey share the same PStore of Europe right ? I believe that Europe , Middle Estern , Africa and Oceania all share the same PStore but i could be wrong in that regard tho .

Yeah exactly. But in some cases, a game becomes available for all countries in Europe except Turkey which I don't know the reason :) Anyway, the game is available for me to buy right now

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Alondate31 said:

Yeah exactly. But in some cases, a game becomes available for all countries in Europe except Turkey which I don't know the reason :) Anyway, the game is available for me to buy right now

Glad to hear . I'm short on expanding money on games now  ut i hope to get it soon .

• Like 1