Question about buying imported DLC (for Taiko)

Question out of curiosity, specifically for this game. I just made a Singapore account today because I wanted to download my day 1 content that was included with my game. After doing that and seeing that I'm able to play the content on my US account, out of curiosity how do out of country purchases work now.. As in I want to buy the season pass for this game that's available on the Singapore store.

Do I just go to Play-Asia(I'm open to recommendation for other sites), purchase Singapore currency that's around the same amount as the DLC and purchase it from the store? Like will it ask me for billing information even though I'm using a currency card?

Also for example, would this be the final price for the dlc? (like is there any tax or anything, idk.)

mWpNv955TaGRfTcUJq5P1Q.png

I just want to make sure I'm fully prepared before jumping into something I've never done before. Plus, I don't want to be stuck with currency I can't use lol.

Thank you for your time o/

Maybe just wait for clarification from someone else too, but if you buy the DLC from the same region as the game then set that account to primary you should be fine to play it on your main (trophy) account. Why did you choose to go with the Singapore PSN. Perhaps if your not locked into that option you might consider the Hong Kong Store. There are many games and stacks that come through the HK store so you wouldn't ever be stuck with additional currency and nothing to spend it on. 

Play-Asia is usually the cheapest. PC Game Supply is another reputable seller but they don't stock Singapore credit. If you own the Asian version then you can buy it from other regions like Hong Kong, it may be cheaper than the Singapore PSN when you factor in the costs of the PSN cards. If you own the Japanese version then you must buy the DLC from the Japanese PSN or it won't work.

As for purchasing, you don't need a credit card for PSN codes. Just input the code and it's deposited into your wallet and buy whatever you want on the store. You will then need to sign into your Singapore PSN on PS4 and download the DLC and it can be freely played on any accounts on your PS4.

Edited by Mayadome
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mayadome said:

Play-Asia is usually the cheapest. PC Game Supply is another reputable seller but they don't stock Singapore credit. If you own the Asian version then you can buy it from other regions like Hong Kong, it may be cheaper than the Singapore PSN when you factor in the costs of the PSN cards. If you own the Japanese version then you must buy the DLC from the Japanese PSN or it won't work.

As for purchasing, you don't need a credit card for PSN codes. Just input the code and it's deposited into your wallet and buy whatever you want on the store. You will then need to sign into your Singapore PSN on PS4 and download the DLC and it can be freely played on any accounts on your PS4.

Thank you so much! o/

8 hours ago, CjShai said:

Maybe just wait for clarification from someone else too, but if you buy the DLC from the same region as the game then set that account to primary you should be fine to play it on your main (trophy) account. Why did you choose to go with the Singapore PSN. Perhaps if your not locked into that option you might consider the Hong Kong Store. There are many games and stacks that come through the HK store so you wouldn't ever be stuck with additional currency and nothing to spend it on. 

I downloaded some day one DLC from my Singapore account and I'm able to use it on my US account just fine and it's not the primary :P It had to be Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand or Indonesia. I chose Singapore because those were one of the four options I was given on my code redemption sheet since I bought the copy that has English Subs in the game so I can understand what I'm doing. HK wasn't one of those options.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Wondering about this too - so I'm guessing Singapore is the easiest of those 4 regions to get PSN credit from? (I'm assuming you just get the code mailed to you or something after buying?)

Anyway, will probably get around to this soon, gotta get that free DLC at least :3

Edited by Zanreo