8-1, 8-2: possible to solo?

Ekir

Hi there, I've been playing both offline both with random players, and without much effort I finished the main campaign and got the Code 8 trophy.

HOWEVER I'm flabbergasted with the 8-1 and 8-2 missions average difficulty. Tried to do 8-1 with 3 AI partners that are level 10, but the second trio destroys me (having just 5 lives when playing alone doesnt help much). Tried to do it with random people... with even worse results. 8-2 is also a drama!

My weapons are level 5 and 8, but I wonder if this is a git gud battle or... bringing 2-3 overpowered players to wreck everything. Because I guess that after all these years, those players moved away to other similar games. Damn myself for playing this game so late.

30 minutes ago, Ekirne77 said:

Hi there, I've been playing both offline both with random players, and without much effort I finished the main campaign and got the Code 8 trophy.

HOWEVER I'm flabbergasted with the 8-1 and 8-2 missions average difficulty. Tried to do 8-1 with 3 AI partners that are level 10, but the second trio destroys me (having just 5 lives when playing alone doesnt help much). Tried to do it with random people... with even worse results. 8-2 is also a drama!

My weapons are level 5 and 8, but I wonder if this is a git gud battle or... bringing 2-3 overpowered players to wreck everything. Because I guess that after all these years, those players moved away to other similar games. Damn myself for playing this game so late.

Yeah, it's possible. Though you may want to create a new weapon as Freedom Wars' weapon crafting system is crap. What I did was leveling up a weapon to lvl 10 before transforming it into the non-elemental upgrade path, as the elemental weapons requires parts from online missions. These online missions are impossible to solo without an OP weapon. After transforming it, upgrade it as much as you can. Also giving your Accessory a rocket launcher helps a lot, as Accessories have unlimited ammo.

Barbara's Easy Blaster is a good all-round weapon to use.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Absolutely, I played the game solo, you'll probably need to replay missions several times as I did, but once you craft better weapons (with high damage per second) and items, it wouldn't take too much time to beat the missions. Craft light weapons because it takes you less time to shoot. I upgraded the starting melee weapon to level 8, and crafted a level 10 barbara rifle with about 2800 damage, give an upgraded level 10 barbara to your accessory too. Good luck.

Edited by Deceptrox

• 3 months later...