What a dope to wait so long.

Wade_VC

I, like many others, selected inFamous as one of the games with our "Welcome Back" offering by SONY.

I have to say, I was never interested in this game, despite the many who sang its praises. But as how it was offered for free, I figured "Why not, I'll give it a go". Man, am I glad I did, and I am also bummed I never looked into this game a little more fully well before the free offering.

This is proving to be a great game (only recently started playing it), and one that I find myself playing for hours on end. I love the open world, the storyline...all aspects of the game.

If there are other out there like myself who have passed on this game, you may want to give it another look as you won't be disappointed!

• Like 1

I love this game i was one of those who bought this as apposed to Prototype and even now i can still go back and play it, i have yet to actually put any time into the second one, played a couple of hours but haven't touched it since, i really should though :P

I discovered this great game with the "Welcome Back" package as well, kind of. I had played about 30 minutes of it at a buddies house and wasn't very interested in it, and he also has Prototype which I found to be more enjoyable at the time. I never thought of inFamous again until the package and after about and hour or two I fell in love with the game and finally realized why so many people praise the game. I've really enjoyed it so far and am regretting my earlier decision not to play it. I've only heard good things about the second game as well which is fantastic.

Parker

i loved this game. i first borrowed it form my cousin, three times, and by the time i platted it, it just finished downloading on PSN from the Welcome Back Package lol.

definitely a game worth trying out, and also when you get the chance play the sequel, inFamous 2. another great game! :D

• 4 months later...

i loved this game. i first borrowed it form my cousin, three times, and by the time i platted it, it just finished downloading on PSN from the Welcome Back Package lol.

definitely a game worth trying out, and also when you get the chance play the sequel, inFamous 2. another great game! :D

You basically answered a question I just asked. So since it is apparently worth it, I guess I will go for it. I am going to curse whoever came up with blast shards after this though lol. Also, how hard is to accomplish the stunt moves???

You basically answered a question I just asked. So since it is apparently worth it, I guess I will go for it. I am going to curse whoever came up with blast shards after this though lol. Also, how hard is to accomplish the stunt moves???

The only one I had trouble with was to get 3 high fall bonuses at once the others are rather easy to achieve. Best to work on them before you start doing the side missions to free areas of the map of bad guys

The only one I had trouble with was to get 3 high fall bonuses at once the others are rather easy to achieve. Best to work on them before you start doing the side missions to free areas of the map of bad guys

That's a great tip, and I will be sure to use it when I start playing Infamous! Thanks again : )

That's a great tip, and I will be sure to use it when I start playing Infamous! Thanks again : )

My advice would be to download a blast shard map and make sure you've got the given number of shards for each island before you move on to the next. You'll probably end up downloading it eventually if you're going for the plat and it will save you alot of pain and agravation by doing it at the start. I know you have 2 playthroughs for plat but I really took my time on the "good" playthrough and then speeded through on the hard difficulty "evil" playthrough so I got all blast shards first playthrough.

Enjoy it anyway, I did, it's not an overly hard platinum but it's a great game.

Stunts can be a challenge depending on what missiond you're playing, where you are in Empire City, and whether or not you unlocked the powers to perform a certain stunt. I'll tell you this. For me it wasn't easy doing the last few, but half of them are wasy.

Stunts can be a challenge depending on what missiond you're playing, where you are in Empire City, and whether or not you unlocked the powers to perform a certain stunt. I'll tell you this. For me it wasn't easy doing the last few, but half of them are wasy.

Oh great! Now I feel less confident lol. Thanks again I guess! Now I'm doubting If I should even bother!

• 4 months later...

I'm the opposite to the OP. I too got this one as the PSN freebie. I'd always thought this would be a decent game, and had just never got around to picking it up, and was excited when it was offered after the outage. Alas, I find this game tedious, the storyline and missions are just okay. Of course, that hasn't stopped me from playing it thru twice to get the plat (just have to finish my hard run). Blast shards were a bit of a grind, but not nearly as difficult as some have said. Same with the stunts, a couple were a pain but relatively easy to obtain.

I'm the opposite to the OP. I too got this one as the PSN freebie. I'd always thought this would be a decent game, and had just never got around to picking it up, and was excited when it was offered after the outage. Alas, I find this game tedious, the storyline and missions are just okay. Of course, that hasn't stopped me from playing it thru twice to get the plat (just have to finish my hard run). Blast shards were a bit of a grind, but not nearly as difficult as some have said. Same with the stunts, a couple were a pain but relatively easy to obtain.

I feel the same way. It's not that I dislike the game though. Only that it got a little monotonous for me toward the end. I may still try the sequel (at the urging from a friend). It's just not high up on the ole priority list right now.

I also got it for free when it was offered for free after the crash, but I don't like it at all. I think it's a little overrated and those blast shards are a pain in the ass. (I of course am one of the unlucky guys that ended up missing ONE blast shard and I have no clue where the hell it is.)

• 1 year later...

I found inFamous to be ok a little bit slow at the start then the story picked up. Did my first playthrough on hard working towards being Hero while obtaining most of the trophies. Second playthrough on easy working towards being inFamous was fun. Left the stunts for this playthrough as i found them to be alot easier to achieve. The Blast Shards were a bit of a hustle eventually got them all.

I got both Infamous and Infamous 2 around Christmas time and thought they were both good games.  I enjoyed Infamous 2 more just because of the story, but both are worth the money (or for free in the Infamous case  :P )

Can't be surprised though.  Made from the same people who made the Sly Cooper trilogy  :D

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I also grabbed this for free in the "Welcome Back" package and didn't start it until about a week ago.  I'm having a blast playing it and from what I've heard the second one is even more fun to play.  Still working through my first play through but it seems to be a relatively easy platinum (knocks on wood).

• 3 weeks later...

Waaaay better than crackdown In my opinion. I remember collecting the blast shards three times over. Each play through I did my ocd wouldn't allow me to leave them uncollected. Infamous 2 was a nice improvement on the game. You are silly if you own a PS3 but not these games

• Like 1