What Can/Does The PS4 Run/Support? Find Out!

DanielVT

I was just over on IGNPS4 and saw a handy little chart of what apps and media formats the PS4 has been confirmed to support/run. I was shocked to find out it does not play audio CD's. I have used my PS3 to play albums many times so this is a tad bit dissapointing. Oh well. Check out the list below if you are iterested! :D

Here's the link: http://www.ign.com/w...tion_4_Can_Play

5197296_f260.jpg

Edited by Sly Ripper
  • Like 1

Ooh nice find :D

I'm hoping they add LoveFilm to that list, and I'm sure they'll add a YouTube app again. I hope the internet browser returns too, I use that quite a lot.

As for not playing CD's, well that's just plain silly :huh:

I have no doubt that YouTube and the internet browser will be back! However I really don't understand why it won't play CD's. It's not like every bit of music is digital these days! lol Also this chart said nothing about DVD's. I wonder if those will be supported as well or if this is a Blu-ray only system. :hmm: Either way it makes no real difference to me in the grand scheme of things. xD

I have no doubt that YouTube and the internet browser will be back! However I really don't understand why it won't play CD's. It's not like every bit of music is digital these days! lol Also this chart said nothing about DVD's. I wonder if those will be supported as well or if this is a Blu-ray only system. :hmm: Either way it makes no real difference to me in the grand scheme of things. xD

DVDs and CDs need a seperate laser so if it doesnt play CD's it wont play DVD either.

They are doing it to reduce cost and its a good thing to me.never really watched dvds or played cd's on my ps3.

DVDs and CDs need a seperate laser so if it doesnt play CD's it wont play DVD either.

They are doing it to reduce cost and its a good thing to me.never really watched dvds or played cd's on my ps3.

Oh, I see. I had no idea that these systems had to have multiple lasers. With that knowledge, if it is what keeps the cost at $400 then I as well see this as a good thing. :)