Nier 3 / Automata 2

4 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

I get Micro transactions on FTP Mobile Games but get annoyed at anyone defending full price console games including them.

Only thing I can think is that people have been indoctrinated by them through their "cosmetic" innocence. The boundaries will and are getting pushed subtly. As far as I'm concerned if you want things in a game, play it and earn it, worked fine through the 80's and 90's and gave a sense of accomplishment.

With the amount of revenue they create though it will keep getting a lot worse.

On saying that hopefully this game will avoid them.

Understand, if this is at all directed towards me.... I'm not defending microtransactions.  I'd rather games not have them, and acknowledge the slippery slope of publishers/developers potentially abusing them.

I'm just against the irrational, knee-jerk reactions of people blowing up every little indiscretion. It's that kind of attitude that makes the gaming community petulant and insufferable (and toxic).

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

So you don't think they changed stuff in the sequel to Destiny to make more money from micro transactions? I'm also not too interested in all the guardians defending that stuff, but do you agree there's at least a sliver of truth to to it?

Hmm, no, I bought stuff in D1, haven't in D2. 

Everything's cosmetic

Sure I'd like the spicy ramen emote, but it won't affect how I play at all. Same with ornaments, etc. 

I actually prefer d2s micro to d1 because every time you level you get an engram for tess. 

But again it's all cosmetic stuff, some cool, some not(a lot not). 

But none will help me in the raid or crucible. 

my thoughts? more booty? hell yes!!! oh but how about actually 1080 for reg ps4 people this time? but then Ill have my PS4 Pro buy then, but still!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2017 at 1:19 PM, Eraezr said:

A Drakengard 3 remake would be nice...

Second this idea.

The original had frame rate issues when I played, but I think it would have a decent chance at being well-made if given the time and resources.

Characters were interesting and definitely strange in comparison to others, but I enjoyed each of their story. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2017 at 9:03 AM, Dreakon13 said:

I'm just against the irrational, knee-jerk reactions of people blowing up every little indiscretion. It's that kind of attitude that makes the gaming community petulant and insufferable (and toxic).

Honestly, I don't even care that gamers blow up at every indiscretion. In this case, though, we're talking about potential microtransactions in a potential sequel with a potential development team.

That's a whole lot of inception there.