Mein Leben Runs.

10 minutes ago, Mi2Lethal said:

Congrats! How long did the successful run take?

Thanks, with all my breaks, somewhere around 3 hours 45 mins. If you mean practice then I have no idea. I never did more than 8 hours a day so somewhere around 50-60 hours of practice/attempts using mostly my own strats. Most of the time probably went into practicing on IADI. Credit to GT for the Roswell bunker strat though. 

5 hours ago, Dark said:

Thanks, with all my breaks, somewhere around 3 hours 45 mins. If you mean practice then I have no idea. I never did more than 8 hours a day so somewhere around 50-60 hours of practice/attempts using mostly my own strats. Most of the time probably went into practicing on IADI. Credit to GT for the Roswell bunker strat though. 

GT is something else like. Not only has he done it, but he can play with lightning speed. Something even rarer.

• Like 1

@Piezilla57

I upgrade the laser to supercharge first to take care of the big guy in Manhattan Sewers. Then I fully upgrade the Assault rifle for the big robot and the penthouse. Dual wield the AR always, really overpowered. After that I suppress my pistols for stealthing parts of Roswell bunker, as well as the battery upgrade on the laser weapon. That’s all the upgrades before the courtroom. Only crucial upgrades after that is the rotor on the shotguns for taking care of the robot above your pod on the last level, as well as fragmentation and the stun upgrades on your grenades, for skipping the last 2 bosses.

So in order:

Laserkraftwerk: Supercharge

Sturmgewehr: All from top to bottom.

Laserkraftwerk: Battery Upgrade

Pistole: Supressor

Schockhammer: Rotor

Handgranate: Fragmentation & Electromagnetic.

Nothing else is required for the strats I used. Just make sure you pick up all the early upgrade kits. 1 in the shooting range, 4 in Manhattan, 1 in the killhouse, 1 at the start of Roswell bunker, 1 in the basement of your house and 1 to the left of the New Orleans Crane section. Just as you enter, take a left and it’s at the end. You don’t need to copy how I play, but that’s what I did and stuck to every time. Pretty successful with it.

Edited by Dark

5 minutes ago, AMadScotsGuy said:

Death incarnate done. I can see now why they maybe thought a permadeath mode was acceptable. Death incarnate is fairly easy with saves to be fair.

Still though...

Time to get practising. 

They clearly never tested Mein Leben at all, at the end the screen goes grey and you can’t do anything until you re-launch the game.

In my honest opinion, yes the trophy was damn tough and very nerve-racking, but with the petitions and a lot of the community, it was really overrated. I expected a lot worse than it ended up being. It’s one of the hardest things I’ve done, but I saw a lot of room for more difficulty like no upgrades, not being stocked on ammo 24/7 etc. Literally the only change between the difficulty is how hard you get hit, besides the saves obviously.

Still, I think Machine Games did a great job with this game minus the few glitches. One of my favourite games this year, gg.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dark said:

Still, I think Machine Games did a great job with this game minus the few glitches. One of my favourite games this year, gg.

I only played a little portion of the game a couple weeks ago. From what I saw it looks great. My only issue is I wish the menu interface was more like The New Order. I liked the way they tracked the collectibles and had bios on the characters in that game. 

Would you say Wolfenstein II is as long or longer than the first game? I saw people earn the platinum within six hours on The New Order, it's fairly short. Although there's probably no way to earn the platinum that quickly in Wolfenstein II due to Mein Leben. 

I got a bunch of other games I will be playing before Wolfenstein II. Probably won't play through it until March or April 2018 at the earliest.

Edited by Spaz

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I only played a little portion of the game a couple weeks ago. From what I saw it looks great. My only issue is I wish the menu interface was more like The New Order. I liked the way they tracked the collectibles and had bios on the characters in that game. 

Would you say Wolfenstein II is as long or longer than the first game? I saw people earn the platinum within six hours on The New Order, it's fairly short. Although there's probably no way to earn the platinum that quickly in Wolfenstein II due to Mein Leben. 

I got got a bunch of other games I will be playing before Wolfenstein II. Probably won't play through it until March or April 2018 at the earliest.

First run took me 9 hours, just enjoying the game but playing on IADI at the same time. I can’t remember the length of TNO but I’m pretty sure it was similar to this. This game felt a good length anyway. It would’ve just been blatantly dragged out if they added more levels. 

Collectibles are tracked by each location in this game, you can have a very vague idea of the ones you’re missing. Still, it could be a lot better. Even if it was tracked per district it would’ve been a lot more helpful. 

1 hour ago, Dark said:

They clearly never tested Mein Leben at all, at the end the screen goes grey and you can’t do anything until you re-launch the game.

In my honest opinion, yes the trophy was damn tough and very nerve-racking, but with the petitions and a lot of the community, it was really overrated. I expected a lot worse than it ended up being. It’s one of the hardest things I’ve done, but I saw a lot of room for more difficulty like no upgrades, not being stocked on ammo 24/7 etc. Literally the only change between the difficulty is how hard you get hit, besides the saves obviously.

Which gives more weight to the argument they or someone on the team where rather bitter about how they screwed up New Order. Where you can just do the last level on the hardest difficulty.  I can just imagine how that decision came about.

Hey dude we should just make a trophy for mein leben to get back at those trophy hunters for exposing our bad programming. But no one in the office has even completed it. We can't even fully test it as no one wants to put over 50 hours of practice to even stand a chance of finishing it. Ah who gives a shit, bunch of nerds living in their mums house making us look weak. They deserve it. I'm making this trophy. While I'm at it I'll make one to collect 1000 helmets. Not like its going to effect sales is it....

I usually go in this order with my upgrades

STURMGEWEHR-Armor piercing-Shooting range upgrade kit

Maschineenpistole-Nailgun-First NYC upgrade kit

Maschineenpistole-Silencer-Second NYC upgrade kit

Then put the marksmen scope on the Sturm Right before the penthouse

Then i usually just Upgrade my laserkraftwerk

6 hours ago, rasenken69 said:

After countless tries ,finally got mein leben , I did it on my secondary account called blackniguhodeaf but as proof in the account description ive written the name of my main account rasenken69 too , in a few days ill do another mein leben run on my main account now that I know I can do it , just keep at it and follow grannytranny's walk-through,  although I did change up a few things here and there for a safer than a speedier run :) if I can do it , anyone can , good luck to everyone , ps you can see my secondary only through playstation, didnt connect it to the site , only my main is connected 

You hax it like @Dark bruh.  "It's impossible." -Scrubs

• Like 2