Mein Leben Runs.

4 minutes ago, MAKAPOB_ said:

Well, I'm just replaying the game yet again on "Terror Billy" and here is what I've noticed: even with all cutscenes, I managed to reach the Ausmerzer in 4 hours and 44 minutes.

Once you know what you're doing it's really not that long. My normal IADI playthrough was just over 5 hours. Without stupid deaths and actually doing the skips I'd be sub 4 hours easily. 

1 minute ago, Gage said:

Once you know what you're doing it's really not that long. My normal IADI playthrough was just over 5 hours. Without stupid deaths and actually doing the skips I'd be sub 4 hours easily. 

I've never used any skips in this game, and this time I mostly just shoot Nazis in non-stealth. Still, the damage they do sometimes is just rediculous, even on "Terror Billy".

8 hours ago, Dark said:

Thats what I thought too but it doesn’t. If I’m capped at the house then I started capped at the courtroom. Not sure if it’s just a Mein Leben thing, but it definitely works. The broken floor between the upper level and the lower level has some invisible barriers, but some spots where you can shoot the heavy and he won’t shoot you. You can do it safely after killing the robots, he won’t follow you up since he’ll be focused on shooting you through the floor.

8 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

What i did there was run down the stairs to the right as soon as you land. One robot will come through the door to the right once you’re down the stairs and then all of the 4 remaining will come down the stairs to the left so it’s basically you waiting for each of them to come one after the other and it’s very safe. After killing 5 robots you can then proceed to the door to the right where that one robot came out and kill the big one then go for the claw easily.

Yeah that is definitely the way to go. Took no damage shooting the robots that way, start in the courtroom 50/175 on IADI. Make that much more manageable than when I started with only 20 health during my normal IADI run. 

1 minute ago, MAKAPOB_ said:

I've never used any skips in this game, and this time I mostly just shoot Nazis in non-stealth. Still, the damage they do sometimes is just rediculous, even on "Terror Billy".

You definitely want to on IADI/Mein Leben. Learning stealth is the best way to get through it, and using the skips in a couple places really saves you having to take unnecessary damage and save time. The first Section F skip lets you get through that first forced combat area which is pretty tough since you don't have any upgrades, then that second one saves 10 - 15 minutes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gage said:

You definitely want to on IADI/Mein Leben. Learning stealth is the best way to get through it, and using the skips in a couple places really saves you having to take unnecessary damage and save time. The first Section F skip lets you get through that first forced combat area which is pretty tough since you don't have any upgrades, then that second one saves 10 - 15 minutes. 

I beat Mein leben in about 4,5/5 hours (again, no skips involved).

Edited by MAKAPOB_

Got up to the second part of Venus, got past the big robot part and up the ladder into the next area, then got bullshitted by a drone as soon as the commander spawn happened and got wrecked by everyone in the area. ? I don't normally fuck up during that part. 

That's only the like 3rd proper run I did where I got past the first level, first time past courtroom. I've been using most of the strats Kreeper uses in his video and it's really not hard after the first two levels where you aren't basically running around with nothing. The strat he uses for courtroom hiding behind the corner with the ammo crate is super easy and I did it first try doing that, when I've never done it that way before. You could pretty much follow along his video and just watch what he does and get through most of the game. There's a couple things he does that I think are weird (shooting the first panzerhund in the bunker instead of just walking around it and completely ignoring it) but for the most part all his strats are solid and really safe overall. 

I'll get it tomorrow, I'm 100% sure I can do it at this point. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rose Amicitia said:

There is only one part so far that i think i'm going to die a few times (the rest of the game i can perfectly pass on mein leben) is in the audience before the billy is beheaded! this section is crazy

Do the camping behind the box thing that Kreeper does in his video. Probably the most consistent thing you'll get in that area. Once you're out in the hallway you're basically good. 

2 minutes ago, Gage said:

Do the camping behind the box thing that Kreeper does in his video. Probably the most consistent thing you'll get in that area. Once you're out in the hallway you're basically good. 

the problem is that the enemies throw grenades in that corner where you camp! This is my problem in this part. when the doors open it becomes easier because the camping spot up there is relatively easy .. but until you get there LOL

Okay so, I managed to arrive to Grace's group for the second time in a row. First time I had to restart the game 'cause a bug frozen BJ: I couldn't no longer walk and reload. Second time I died after I thought I've cleaned the whole area, but when I was opening the door (immediately before the ladder) an Heavy spawned from behind and basically raped me. I managed to climb the ladder, almost killed everyone but the third Heavy came too near and killed me (I had very little life). During main story I passed it at the second try, very easy fight imho. Unfortunately that heavy left me oneshot.

I think the trophy can be done even from an average player. I'll use the glitch to skip the Section F (revisited-- don't really want to fight those fuckers heavies) so I've arrived to Area 52. No need to redo the whole campaing on IADI, if you want to learn imho you have to play mein leben until you manage to pass the part that causes you trouble over and over. Hope I'll make it to the courthouse in a few days. Got there and the trophy is mine-- even if the hardest part of the game was Venus. But I'll think to it later.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JackShephard__ said:

but when I was opening the door (immediately before the ladder) an Heavy spawned from behind and basically raped me.

That heavy spawn always happens when you walk by there, regardless of whether you're spotted or not. If you've got all the other enemies cleared out without an alarm (assuming you ignored the Zitadelle) you can sprint and ignore it, and as long as you are full tilt to the door and move a bit to the side to activate the ladder you should only take minor damage or none at all. 

Fucked myself. Got to the final fight, thought I'd try Kreeper's strategy for it which I've never actually tried before, died. Did the final fight 4 times in a row after my normal way on my IADI save where I have a bugged battery upgrade so only get two laser shots. 

I'll get it tomorrow. 

NiceMeme.jpg

2o30fRG.png

Edited by Gage
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Gage said:

Fucked myself. Got to the final fight, thought I'd try Kreeper's strategy for it which I've never actually tried before, died. Did the final fight 4 times in a row after my normal way on my IADI save where I have a bugged battery upgrade so only get two laser shots. 

I'll get it tomorrow. 

NiceMeme.jpg

2o30fRG.png

Oh my god! This picture made my day. Yeah, it really hurts?

5 hours ago, Gage said:

I'll get it tomorrow. 

NiceMeme.jpg

2o30fRG.png

I died just before that part once. It’s in the bag for you now, good luck.

Ugh, that sucks, I almost died there too today as well... I looked at my HP: 25. 

I also had the same ammo bug happen with Dieselkraft in some saves, had to rollback some.

I actually did IADI with same timeline as previous playthrough, Wyatt, before watching "Mein Leben" tactics. I thought I was screwed with no way to train with Laser, except for starting a new game... 

I settled with experimenting and finding some consistent distraction and trap tactics with Diesel for Zitadelle in Oberkommando and the 1st Zerstörer. You can pratically spawn-kill him with 10+ Diesel bombs.

If I had to sum up my experience with this trophy using a couple of quotes, it'd be from the start and end of the game:

"It's agony. It's agony. It's agony. It's agony. IT'S AGONY. IT'S-We're not gonna take it ANYMORE!".

You'll be dancing to the credits song when you finally get it. Good luck!

Speaking of songs... for some reason the epic courtroom music always refused to play for me in ML, when it did in previous playthroughs. I was so used to its motivation/concentration-inducing rhythm in IADI I only managed to do it right in ML too by muting the alternate song and playing the good one over the local network in PS4's Media Player.

P.S. Apparently, 1st post after 4 years lurking (somehow).

On 12/5/2017 at 1:40 PM, MAKAPOB_ said:

There is another track, which is 5 times better than this one.

If you mean the other that also plays in the courtroom I'll have to heavily disagree, it feels 10 times worse to hear it play there.

It's the track I mentioned that kept playing for me (Panzerhund theme). It just wasn't doing it for me, if anything it was making me more nervous/less concentrated for some reason... ?

I'll take the different song for its appropriate setting any time and leave the other for the actual Panzerhund section (which isn't bad, mind you, but it just doesn't fit into the overall Courtroom battle feeling so well IMO).

Edited by RoninPedroshin
YT link fix