Mein Leben Runs.

41 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I'm not touching this game for quite some time.

You just described every single player game in a nutshell. Very few games manage to sustain a good player base after the first six months or first year.

Horizon Zero Dawn is still pulling in thousands of players even though that game came out in February 2017. The closest thing to that is Assassins Creed Origins, still pulling in 1000 - 2000 players on a weekly basis. Obviously both games have done something that pull in those kinds of numbers.

For Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus however, it gained some popularity but I think it was far overshadowed by games like Call of Duty: World War II. There was also a new Mario game that released late last Fall for the Nintendo Switch, which a lot of Nintendo fans picked up.

Some of my friends on Steam didn't particularly enjoy Wolfenstein II all that much, partially because PC ports have become shitty in the past few years.

Everything in the game has a guide attached to it, so that's been said and done.

Looking at your account you could go after the DLC, but it doesn't look like you're a DLC kind of guy. If you have moved on from this game and don't plan on buying the DLC, then yeah, there's not much for you to say at this point.

I have actually considered doing the dlc's for this game, though I've sorta missed them the last few times they were on sale and at the moment I've already got a growing backlog of games I need to finish up so I just dont think the dlc's (short as they are) are really worth buying at full price :P 

1 minute ago, Rune2303 said:

I have actually considered doing the dlc's for this game, though I've sorta missed them the last few times they were on sale and at the moment I've already got a growing backlog of games I need to finish up so I just dont think the dlc's (short as they are) are really worth buying at full price :P 

I may just play them on my alt to see if they were worth the money.

I hate how the Wolfenstein II interface just isn't as good as it's predecessors. It just feels too barebones when other AAA games have made their interface a lot better and more convenient to use.

7 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I may just play them on my alt to see if they were worth the money.

I hate how the Wolfenstein II interface just isn't as good as it's predecessors. It just feels too barebones when other AAA games have made their interface a lot better and more convenient to use.

Yeah certainly wasn't one of the strongest aspects of the game thats for sure, not that it bothered me to much but I can see how it could be somewhat of an annoyance to others  

On 11/3/2017 at 11:32 PM, Itachirulz1 said:

Sorry if someone's already answered this in this thread (Haven't read through it) but as the previous Wolfenstein games you can reply last chapter on the hardest difficulty and still get the trophy.. Does it work on this one?!

No

Cheers guys I have a question that goes out to all the 100% Club achievers, I'm thinking of buying this game next month. I definitely do know that i won't aim for the platinum here. ( would love to try it and i guess my skills in this genre might be high enough to achieve it but i would never have the patience to start all over and over again so my respect for ALL of you, who made it through gthe game and even to those who at least tried it!! ) 

My plan ist to play this game even without getting the platinum and just for fun but definitely want the highest possible completion %. 

My question is: how hard are the dlc "mein leben" runs compared to the main game. Specifically: how long are those runs? 

Really interested in this game so any answer is appreciated. Greetz, Nate = ) 

Edited by NathanDarko

14 hours ago, NathanDarko said:

Cheers guys I have a question that goes out to all the 100% Club achievers, I'm thinking of buying this game next month. I definitely do know that i won't aim for the platinum here. ( would love to try it and i guess my skills in this genre might be high enough to achieve it but i would never have the patience to start all over and over again so my respect for ALL of you, who made it through gthe game and even to those who at least tried it!! ) 

My plan ist to play this game even without getting the platinum and just for fun but definitely want the highest possible completion %. 

My question is: how hard are the dlc "mein leben" runs compared to the main game. Specifically: how long are those runs? 

Well Nate even though I'm not officially part of the 100% achievers club ... yet (still waiting for the dlc's to go on sale at some point again :P) I have done a bit of research on each of them and in comparison to main game's mein leben run the dlc ones are FAR easier. It really just boils down to the fact that the dlc ones actually give you checkpoints after each "stage" meaning as long as you complete a stage you won't have do It all over again unlike the main game. The length of each dlc as far as I can tell are also much, much shorter than the main game's run. Depending on how many times you do die I'd say you should be able to knock each of them out in about 1-2 hours worth of gameplay. 

Happy hunting ^__^

Edited by Rune2303
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rune2303 said:

Well Nate even though I'm not officially part of the 100% achievers club ... yet (still waiting for the dlc's to go on sale at some point again :P) I have done a bit of research on on each of them and in comparison to main game's mein leben run the dlc ones are FAR easier. It really just boils down to the fact that the dlc ones actually give you checkpoints after each "stage" meaning as long as you complete a stage you won't have do It all over again unlike the main game. The length of each dlc as far as I can tell are also much, much shorter than the main game's run. Depending on how many times you do die I'd say you should be able to knock each of them out in about 1-2 hours worth of gameplay. 

Happy hunting ^__^

I was waiting for a response too. Nice to know I won't have that much of a hard time with the DLC in comparison to the main game. Thank you. Will start this game some time around august.

4 hours ago, Emillius-Maximus said:

I was waiting for a response too. Nice to know I won't have that much of a hard time with the DLC in comparison to the main game. Thank you. Will start this game some time around august.

Always happy to help :) 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NathanDarko said:

5 hours ago, Emillius-Maximus said:

New players might find them somewhat hard but not impossible as unlike the main game, the dlcs are divided by “chapters” so you wont have to do mein leben in 1 run.

with that said, experienced players who finished mein leben in the main game will obviously find the dlcs easier because they already know what to expect pretty much.

2-3 hours on mein leben for each dlc.

also one other note: the dlcs/season pass are not worth full price. All 3 dlcs are kinda disappointing imo. I really enjoyed wolfenstein 2, my top fps game of all time but the dlcs are a joke in comparison when it comes to quality. Wait for a sale.

Edited by UlvenFenrir
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

New players might find them somewhat hard but not impossible as unlike the main game, the dlcs are divided by “chapters” so you wont have to do mein leben in 1 run.

with that said, experienced players who finished mein leben in the main game will obviously find the dlcs easier because they already know what to expect pretty much.

also one other note: the dlcs/season pass are not worth full price. All 3 dlcs are kinda disappointing imo. I really enjoyed wolfenstein 2, my top fps game of all time but the dlcs are a joke in comparison when it comes to quality. Wait for a sale.

Then I'm glad I bought the DLC while it was on sale. Good thing I have that habbit to save money ?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rune2303 said:

Well Nate even though I'm not officially part of the 100% achievers club ... yet (still waiting for the dlc's to go on sale at some point again :P) I have done a bit of research on each of them and in comparison to main game's mein leben run the dlc ones are FAR easier. It really just boils down to the fact that the dlc ones actually give you checkpoints after each "stage" meaning as long as you complete a stage you won't have do It all over again unlike the main game. The length of each dlc as far as I can tell are also much, much shorter than the main game's run. Depending on how many times you do die I'd say you should be able to knock each of them out in about 1-2 hours worth of gameplay. 

Happy hunting ^__^

Cheers Mate, thanks for the research. Seen some YT Videos but wasn't quite sure about the difficulty. Guess I will give Wolfenstein II a shot by the end of the year and hunt any trophy except "Mein Leben". This game looks so damn awesome. Would love to hunt the platinum as well. Hence the fact that I platted all Wolfenstein Games, even the classic one on PS3 and all other Stacks on PS4 from Old Blood and New Order but I have no patience for a complete run :D

5 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Thank you Ulven for your opinion on the dlc. Yes, many friends said to me that the dlcs aren't that good. So i hopefully will grab them all for some bugs by the end of the year though. :-)

Edited by NathanDarko
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2018 at 9:12 PM, NathanDarko said:

Cheers Mate, thanks for the research. Seen some YT Videos but wasn't quite sure about the difficulty. Guess I will give Wolfenstein II a shot by the end of the year and hunt any trophy except "Mein Leben". This game looks so damn awesome. Would love to hunt the platinum as well. Hence the fact that I platted all Wolfenstein Games, even the classic one on PS3 and all other Stacks on PS4 from Old Blood and New Order but I have no patience for a complete run :D

It's a huge time investment for Mein Leben.

I may tackle this game later this year but right now I got too much going on in my life to start too many games.

Big respect to all the guys who 100 percented Wolfenstein II. Even though the DLCs are probably easier, you still have to do them on a hard difficulty setting without dying.

This game is breaking me right now, I made it all the way up to the final room before the bosses and "died" because i got stuck on some shitty geometry trying to run away from the robo-dog that randomly agros and now can't even manage to make it back through courthouse again due to constantly shitty luck. The amount of times that I have died to something completely uncontrollable is ridiculous. To anyone considering this I really recommend having a lot of patience and being willing to put up with multiple 1-4 hour runs even when you do everything perfectly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stargate1995 said:

This game is breaking me right now, I made it all the way up to the final room before the bosses and "died" because i got stuck on some shitty geometry trying to run away from the robo-dog that randomly agros and now can't even manage to make it back through courthouse again due to constantly shitty luck. The amount of times that I have died to something completely uncontrollable is ridiculous. To anyone considering this I really recommend having a lot of patience and being willing to put up with multiple 1-4 hour runs even when you do everything perfectly.

Don't give up!!! Perseverance is the key!!!

1 hour ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Don't give up!!! Perseverance is the key!!!

Managed to make it back through to New Orleans - Lakeview but died in the section with the two heavies. They randomly got alerted while dealing with the other soldiers and I tried backing up to the pipe you enter from, which usually works however the laser heavy decided to walk around above and behind me and stay there leaving me with the only option of running out of the pipe. Of course while trying to get out the debris makes it hard to run straight out and I bounced around to get killed by the heavy shooting me from behind. Unfortunate but at least something caused by my own error. Generally it takes me roughly 3 hours to get to Venus and so far I can pretty consistently get through there. The main places I seem to be dying apart from random alerts or other bullshit is penthouse (I've had a few runs now where either the drone refuses to go to somewhere I can shoot it until the point where I have to run down from the upgrade corner, or for some reason enemies don't even come up the stairs and just camp the room downstairs I use) and courthouse (mostly fair deaths, sometimes you just get hit by stray bullets/heavy explosions etc). Honestly harder then anything is trawling through the first hour (reach penthouse in an hour and courtroom in about 1:30 - 2 hrs) or so to get past the starting sections where I never die anymore.

24 minutes ago, Smuiq said:

Hi guys!
How does Mein Leiben works? I mean, I know there is no save feature, but is it safe to exit the game at any point for a break? or it will reset the run to the beginning? 

You can’t close the application and stay in the run when you open it again, if you need a break just pause it or put it in rest mode. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Now at Venus I... I cleared the lower floor and headed to upstairs. I killed 2 Elite Soldiers and then headed to commanders room. As soon as I killed the dog robot threw me 2 explosives that knocked me and lowered my health to 26 and after that it killed me (it didn't happen on my other 3 Venus fails)