Darkette

Mein Leben Runs.

1,059 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, jossmilan7412 said:

I fuc*ing did it!! This nightmare took me around 150 attemps (yes, 150, and no, i'm not exaggerating). If you are reading this you must know that you can do it, no matter how bad the things are going, or if you suck in this game, or whether it is difficult or not, you can do it. Mark my word: "If I could do it, you can do it too"

 

Good luck, and please, don't give up.

 

Finally, thank you very much for the video, BigBossImBeamer , it really helps.

Congrats!!! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys i wanna ask and it might be a bit irrelevant to the thread but which game is harder Max Payne 3 or Wolfenstein 2 on Mein Leben ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jossmilan7412 said:

I fuc*ing did it!! This nightmare took me around 150 attemps (yes, 150, and no, i'm not exaggerating). If you are reading this you must know that you can do it, no matter how bad the things are going, or if you suck in this game, or whether it is difficult or not, you can do it. Mark my word: "If I could do it, you can do it too"

 

Good luck, and please, don't give up.

 

Finally, thank you very much for the video, BigBossImBeamer , it really helps.

Well Done! so everybody look at this ^ and let's make this trophy a common one!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

Guys i wanna ask and it might be a bit irrelevant to the thread but which game is harder Max Payne 3 or Wolfenstein 2 on Mein Leben ?


In one word : SMB :P

 

3 hours ago, jossmilan7412 said:

I fuc*ing did it!! This nightmare took me around 150 attemps (yes, 150, and no, i'm not exaggerating). If you are reading this you must know that you can do it, no matter how bad the things are going, or if you suck in this game, or whether it is difficult or not, you can do it. Mark my word: "If I could do it, you can do it too"

 

Good luck, and please, don't give up.

 

Finally, thank you very much for the video, BigBossImBeamer , it really helps.


Congratz :)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder, did anyone here who obtained the infamous Mein Leben trophy turn on the aim assist:)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question about Mein Leben.  Does it require that you do the run in one sitting, because if so, ouch.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2019 at 6:47 AM, LordBilbanes said:

I have a question about Mein Leben.  Does it require that you do the run in one sitting, because if so, ouch.

yes all in 1 sitting. The worst part is the unskippable moments, especially the beginning.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am thinking about getting this plat, but somehow I'm still mortified about going for this trophy. Does any sort of tips that may ease the tension? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bogaards1997 said:

I am thinking about getting this plat, but somehow I'm still mortified about going for this trophy. Does any sort of tips that may ease the tension? 

 

I felt the same way when I first played the game. Here are some general tips. Other posts have much more detailed info about specific areas. 

 

General Tips:

- master the leaning from behind cover mechanic. it will be essential. 

-practice, practice practice. It may seem impossible at first but with enough patience and practice it's possible. Practice areas until you are no longer nervous and they are second nature.

- there are many videos online with many different tactics for the problematic areas. Find which ones work best for you and practice them. Some videos online show some very risky strategies that I wasn't comfortable with, especially late in the game. 

- if you are going to try and sneak through areas I recommend knowing a safe area where you can sprint to and camp if you get spotted. 

- I chose action over stealth late in the game (except for finale of Venus mission) as I knew good camping spots and didn't want to risk getting spotted and loosing a lot of health. A few direct hits will kill you even at full health and armour. 

- when trying to go for the Mein Leben runs don't do more than 2 hours in one sitting. If i played longer than two hours my concentration would drop which usually resulted in making a mistake. I did my run in three sittings over three days keeping my PS4 in rest mode. It took about 2 weeks of practising on the hardest difficulty before I got it.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm jumping in this thread as I've started to attempt Mein Leben again this past weekend and I'm determined to finish it this time! I started over a year ago and got as far as Venus but when I died on that run it just completely destroyed me, I should have rode the momentum and kept going but I just couldn't! 

 

Anyway, tonight I made my third attempt and got to New York and died by the multiple dogs when you first go underground. My head just wasn't in it tonight as I've done that bit countless times and never had an issue, I think it's just been a long day for me so I tried rushing it and failed! 

 

I'll be back on it tomorrow with a fresh head though and I'll post back here with an update! 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep at it, the muscle memory will come back in no time. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am proud to say that after 34 attempts, I finally beaten Mein Leben on my 35th attempts! Hotdamn in the morning it feels like an explosive orgasm when the trophy popped on the screen. 🎉

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MSIA_pokwee said:

I am proud to say that after 34 attempts, I finally beaten Mein Leben on my 35th attempts! Hotdamn in the morning it feels like an explosive orgasm when the trophy popped on the screen. 1f389.png

Congrats, nice work. The DLC will be much easier if you ever tackle those. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Lithium_Lemon said:

Congrats, nice work. The DLC will be much easier if you ever tackle those. 

Glad to hear that, going to 100% the game now 😁

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/03/2019 at 9:46 PM, jonesey46 said:

I'm jumping in this thread as I've started to attempt Mein Leben again this past weekend and I'm determined to finish it this time! I started over a year ago and got as far as Venus but when I died on that run it just completely destroyed me, I should have rode the momentum and kept going but I just couldn't! 

 

Anyway, tonight I made my third attempt and got to New York and died by the multiple dogs when you first go underground. My head just wasn't in it tonight as I've done that bit countless times and never had an issue, I think it's just been a long day for me so I tried rushing it and failed! 

 

I'll be back on it tomorrow with a fresh head though and I'll post back here with an update! 

 

Guys I don't know whats happened to me. Last night I tried again and got to the first visit to Section F, got shot before getting in the water to do the skip glitch at the end which put me at 10 health and I of course drowned before I could hold down square to finish the mission. I've done this level and glitch countless times on IADI and Mein Leben and never had this issue! I think I'm letting my nerves get the better of me and I feel like I've lost my mojo.

 

Before I was getting to New Orleans and Venus and now I can't even get to the Courtroom! Also my practice runs on IADI went really well and now it's all gone to fuck. Hopefully I'm just in a funk and I get my mojo back soon. 

 

I'm not home tonight so it'll be getting a break and I'll pick it up again tomorrow night. I'm not going to give up though!

 

Anyone have similar issues? Any tips for getting out of this funk I'm in?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/03/2019 at 11:14 PM, jonesey46 said:

 

Guys I don't know whats happened to me. Last night I tried again and got to the first visit to Section F, got shot before getting in the water to do the skip glitch at the end which put me at 10 health and I of course drowned before I could hold down square to finish the mission. I've done this level and glitch countless times on IADI and Mein Leben and never had this issue! I think I'm letting my nerves get the better of me and I feel like I've lost my mojo.

 

Before I was getting to New Orleans and Venus and now I can't even get to the Courtroom! Also my practice runs on IADI went really well and now it's all gone to fuck. Hopefully I'm just in a funk and I get my mojo back soon. 

 

I'm not home tonight so it'll be getting a break and I'll pick it up again tomorrow night. I'm not going to give up though!

 

Anyone have similar issues? Any tips for getting out of this funk I'm in?

 

Take a few days off, play another game or spend some time away from gaming. I found that helped me calm down and reset.

 

I died at the 2nd last area of the game once on Mein Leben and I was so frustrated I kept dying in Acts 1 and 2 for the next few attempts. After a break I was finally able to do it.

 

I also had the game on PC so I would practice problematic areas over and over then do them directly afterwards on the PS4.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27.03.2019 at 1:14 PM, jonesey46 said:

 

Guys I don't know whats happened to me. Last night I tried again and got to the first visit to Section F, got shot before getting in the water to do the skip glitch at the end which put me at 10 health and I of course drowned before I could hold down square to finish the mission. I've done this level and glitch countless times on IADI and Mein Leben and never had this issue! I think I'm letting my nerves get the better of me and I feel like I've lost my mojo.

 

Before I was getting to New Orleans and Venus and now I can't even get to the Courtroom! Also my practice runs on IADI went really well and now it's all gone to fuck. Hopefully I'm just in a funk and I get my mojo back soon. 

 

I'm not home tonight so it'll be getting a break and I'll pick it up again tomorrow night. I'm not going to give up though!

 

Anyone have similar issues? Any tips for getting out of this funk I'm in?

Here you go 1553834173.png You can do it!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really, cutscenes are still unskippable...? I would like to try it, but I won't waste half of the playtime just for cutscenes.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cerber108 said:

Really, cutscenes are still unskippable...? I would like to try it, but I won't waste half of the playtime just for cutscenes.

 

Pre-rendered cutscenes can be skipped, but you can't skip the in-game cutscenes.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The perma-death thing would be a nightmare I imagine, but the reason I would never attempt this is because I would hate to have to play it in one full sitting. I can have a day off and spend 4-5 hours gaming, but those are in bursts of 45 mins to an hour, I hated when doing the Uncharted runs that took over 2 hours. Soul destroying. 

 

I think I will see if I can borrow the game off someone and play it on my none completion profile, as I would indeed like to experience the story. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/04/2019 at 4:52 PM, DaveMcDamage said:

The perma-death thing would be a nightmare I imagine, but the reason I would never attempt this is because I would hate to have to play it in one full sitting. I can have a day off and spend 4-5 hours gaming, but those are in bursts of 45 mins to an hour, I hated when doing the Uncharted runs that took over 2 hours. Soul destroying. 

 

I think I will see if I can borrow the game off someone and play it on my none completion profile, as I would indeed like to experience the story. 

 

you can pause and put your PS4 in rest mode and do it over multiple sittings. 

 

Many of the videos do it in 2-3 hours which was too risky for me. My final run took 6 hour approx. in three sittings.

 

I highly recommend it just for fun. It's a great game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.