Mein Leben Runs.

8 hours ago, PMD_E1337Pete said:

I got it! And I made a video about it. Almost 30 deaths but we got there. Wouldn't have been possible without @BigBossImBeamer's video.

Glad I could help. ?

Nice video you did! Was interesting to see. ?

Funny thing is my video seems to me pretty bad by now, because I have improved the strategies and my skills in this game since then very much. ?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, BigBossImBeamer said:

Glad I could help. 1f642.png

Nice video you did! Was interesting to see. 1f643.png

Funny thing is my video seems to me pretty bad by now, because I have improved the strategies and my skills in this game since then very much. 1f605.png

The idea of it is really sound, I've been trying a method where i lob a few electro-grenades in and try to run past everything to the ladder. I might just practice this instead, seems far less risky than what I was trying to do.

@BigBossImBeamer - have you found any alternate methods for the final part that are different to yours in your video?

55 minutes ago, Angus1343 said:

Just died at the 2nd to last checkpoint. You know, the one with the robo dog. 

Feel pretty terrible right now.

Aww damn, sorry to hear that. My runs have been shit today, i'm dying at stuff that has never happened before in all my planned routes. Just weird stuff, enemies doing stuff they've never done before, getting stuck in areas, not spawning properly etc. Gonna drag myself through the insanity inducing opening again, get myself into my super-suit, then put the machine to sleep and go to bed.

Then i'm gonna get up nice and early tomorrow, make a pot of coffee and make a fresh start. Good luck @Angus1343

• Like 1

This is the strategy I used for the final fight when I did this trophy over a year ago. You kill the Supersoldaten in the same way most people do with dual shotguns as they spawn in. Then you go into this corner and use the assault rifles to kill the regular soldiers as they come into view. Then you switch your right weapon to the laser when the two Zerstorer spawn and use charged shots to kill both of them. In this corner they have a hard time hitting you. It's definitely a risky strategy but I found it to be more consistent than anything else I've come across. You need to spend some time practicing it and make sure you're constantly looking for the regular soldiers coming at you. I was able to get by this fight the first time I got to the final section on my Mein Leben attempts. Good luck to everyone still going for this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agZpEPpDYi4

Edited by ZJW44
  • Like 1

@Angus1343 Damn that sucks man, I feel you there. In one of my attempts when I made it to that part for the first time, the robo dog surprised me, made me panic and run off the platform only to end my run getting "stuck" on the other side of the railing. I practiced that section numerous times but never had the robo dog came in charging out of nowhere until that very Mein Leben run, and I'm sure it was due to my stealth being compromised when making it to that checkpoint due to being unlucky and spawning the Zitadelle...

But if you got that far, it's only a matter of time until you'll achieve success. You and @Crispy_Oglop got this. :)

Edited by Dankey Shaun
Forgot to quote and can't add quote during edit
  • Like 1

On 3.8.2019 at 6:15 PM, Crispy_Oglop said:

@BigBossImBeamer - have you found any alternate methods for the final part that are different to yours in your video?

If you like I can make a video how I handle the final part now. ? (Only bossfight or the robodog part right before as well? I have pretty save strats for both. ?)

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossImBeamer said:

If you like I can make a video how I handle the final part now. 1f642.png (Only bossfight or the robodog part right before as well? I have pretty save strats for both. 1f643.png)

Oh man a vid of the final part would be super handy, i'm messing with 4 possible strats at the moment, but any others would be really useful too. Only if it's not too much trouble though

1 hour ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Oh man a vid of the final part would be super handy, i'm messing with 4 possible strats at the moment, but any others would be really useful too. Only if it's not too much trouble though

Before you reattach fergus' arm go back to Bienville Street district and collect the Ram Shackles. Exit district and do the quest for upgrading the contraption. This makes the whole last level much safer and there's no risk at all to collect the Ram Shackles.

Here's the video:
(Can't remember when I failed the last time with this strat. With this strat you can react to any random situations, so you can't be surprised, especially when you look in the same directions as I do to prevent shots in the back.)

When no one is spawning for 30 seconds then you're alone with the two bosses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBossImBeamer said:

Before you reattach fergus' arm go back to Bienville Street district and collect the Ram Shackles. Exit district and do the quest for upgrading the contraption. This makes the whole last level much safer and there's no risk at all to collect the Ram Shackles.

Here's the video:
(Can't remember when I failed the last time with this strat. With this strat you can react to any random situations, so you can't be surprised, especially when you look in the same directions as I do to prevent shots in the back.)

When no one is spawning for 30 seconds then you're alone with the two bosses.

Wow, your new strat looks way easier to pull off than the strat from your previous video (in which I followed too and helped me achieve my Mein Leben trophy so thank you for that :highfive: ^_^). How is it that the enemies just stop spawning from behind after a certain point or did the ram shackles had something to do with that?

Edited by Dankey Shaun
Reworded a question
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Dankey Shaun said:

Wow, your new strat looks way easier to pull off than the strat from your previous video (in which I followed too and helped me achieve my Mein Leben trophy so thank you for that :highfive: ^_^). How is it that the enemies just stop spawning from behind after a certain point or did the ram shackles had something to do with that?

The ram shackles have nothing to do with it. They are not necessary, but they reload your armor. (There's a cap at 0/25/50/75 and of course 100)

I don't know why, but I figured out that they don't spawn behind you if you take cover behind that pipe. But it's possible that a few still come from behind. (But only the guys who spawned before you took the position. BUT  BE AWARE OF THAT THEY CAN THROW GRENADES! They always land to your right, so you have to move for a second and go right back to your position.) As soon as one came from the front and then one from the left without one coming from behind, it is safe and you don't have to look back anymore.

7 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

@BigBossImBeamer - That's an awesome strat! I'll give it a shot, thanks for taking the time to record it and upload it. I might need to practice the side mission to get the Ramshackles, but this looks really promising

It's very easy to get the ram shackles. At the Bienville Street district there are only 4 standard enemies, you can even stealth. After that you can exit the district without finishing it. (But don't accidentally go to the main menu. ?) The side mission is very easy too. All you have to do is ram some boxes out of the way. Unlike the battlewalker mission, you can't even die.

Edited by BigBossImBeamer
  • Like 2

I made this video for the final fight back when the game came out, definitely a bit risky but quite a bit faster than other strats, i did however practice the skip for sometime on I Am Death Incarnate until i was consistently getting it correct. Thankfully everything went smooth in my mein leiben run otherwise i would have broken something if i died there. The funny thing is that i did die to the area before the final fight once in one of my runs and thus 4 hours was wasted ?

Edited by Mi2Lethal
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mi2Lethal said:

I made this video for the final fight back when the game came out, definitely a bit risky but quite a bit faster than other strats, i did however practice the skip for sometime on I Am Death Incarnate until i was consistently getting it correct. Thankfully everything went smooth in my mein leiben run otherwise i would have broken something if i died there. The funny thing is that i did die to the area before the final fight once in one of my runs and thus 4 hours was wasted 1f621.png

Venus really made me want to smash my controller and throw it straight to the TV. I failed 3 times in Venus 1 and 2 times in Venus 2 and it's just f***ing annoying. Ausmerzer 2 didn't give me a trouble (at least in Mein Leben, in practice runs I somehow managed to die at every encounter xD) but with that high heart beat rate + some excitement I almost failed the jump (when you shoot the fan) and almost lost control at boss fight haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angus1343 said:

Now i died on the final battle underground. Unreal. Never died like that before and the final part is rather easy typically. This game does not want me to beat it.

Noooo, you can do it @Angus1343! Perseverance is its ultimate weakness.

I'm going through phases where i'm nailing everything, doing really well, then dying right at the end. Then about 4 failed attempts where i die in the wheelchair, then back to my nailing everything phase. But i do noticed myself getting more and more proficient which is a nice feeling. Everything up to after the Caroline beheading scene is pure torture though.

Tonight i'm going to hopefully get another shot at the end again. Hopefully. 

On 8/5/2019 at 7:02 AM, BigBossImBeamer said:

The ram shackles have nothing to do with it. They are not necessary, but they reload your armor. (There's a cap at 0/25/50/75 and of course 100)

I don't know why, but I figured out that they don't spawn behind you if you take cover behind that pipe. But it's possible that a few still come from behind. (But only the guys who spawned before you took the position. BUT  BE AWARE OF THAT THEY CAN THROW GRENADES! They always land to your right, so you have to move for a second and go right back to your position.) As soon as one came from the front and then one from the left without one coming from behind, it is safe and you don't have to look back anymore.

Awesome, thanks for the helpful info alongside your new strat. ^_^ I've been thinking about stacking this game so I'll be sure to give your new method a whirl if the time comes.

6 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Arggggg yessssss i just got it. So goddamn relieved. I think this trophy actually aged me. But the feeling at the end was worth it.

Nice man, congrats! :D

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Angus1343 said:

Congrats! I just got it myself. Hi five! Lol

Haha same to you! Congratulations! We must have been more or less doing our successful run simultaneously give or take an hour.

10 hours ago, UltraRareBoy said:

Congrats!

11 hours ago, Dankey Shaun said:

Nice man, congrats! :D

Thanks fellas!

• Like 2