Mein Leben Runs.

On 8/8/2019 at 1:48 AM, Angus1343 said:

I forgot to say thank you.  My apologies. Time for the stack? 1f62c.png

No worries ^_^

Not anytime soon because of my backlog, but there's a good chance I'll be coming back to this game some time later since W2 is just an awesome game altogether. Perhaps I'll make this one another milestone xD

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

I don't agree with removing the trophy to make it easier (trophies are supposed to be records of achievement, after all), but they could at least allow you to skip the cutscenes. Having them be unskippable is beyond self-indulgent. 

Yeah I think they need a way of it retaining your progress when you shutdown but still having the permadeath aspect to it. I will literally never attempt this due to lack of game time which is frustrating.

44 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Yeah I think they need a way of it retaining your progress when you shutdown but still having the permadeath aspect to it. I will literally never attempt this due to lack of game time which is frustrating.

The PS4 suspend feature doesn't void this trophy. You can shut down your PS4 and resume literally any game exactly where you left off.

• Like 2

Just now, NathanielJohn said:

The PS4 suspend feature doesn't void this trophy. You can shut down your PS4 and resume literally any game exactly where you left off.

This is how I did it, but it didn't really fix the un-skippable aspect of the two opening sequences which were a bit soul destroying towards the end.

1 hour ago, NathanielJohn said:

How exactly do you do this? I must have missed this one somewhere. I love the series so I at least need a crack at this.

7 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

How exactly do you do this? I must have missed this one somewhere. I love the series so I at least need a crack at this.

While in-game, hold down the PS button, select power, then Enter rest mode. It has to be connected to an active power socket though

• 6 months later...

Hi to all.... let me expose all my frustration!!!!

It's the second time that i reach Aushmerzher final level, reach elevetor (where supersoldier on top try to kill you) and after killed supersoldier i fall into hole when i should jump from elevetor to small platform with fan.... and i have no problem with sections after this... final battle too is very easy, i have a secret solution (i say secret because i didn't find nothing about this way on internet so i think i'm the first that discovered and it's 100% safe) for final battle that avoid final door opening until you kill all enemies from a position where you are invulnerable, very easy.... but that damn small jump!!! Hate hate hate!

Now i'm ready, i know all game step by step no problems... but that jump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, omega7261 said:

Hi to all.... let me expose all my frustration!!!!

It's the second time that i reach Aushmerzher final level, reach elevetor (where supersoldier on top try to kill you) and after killed supersoldier i fall into hole when i should jump from elevetor to small platform with fan.... and i have no problem with sections after this... final battle too is very easy, i have a secret solution (i say secret because i didn't find nothing about this way on internet so i think i'm the first that discovered and it's 100% safe) for final battle that avoid final door opening until you kill all enemies from a position where you are invulnerable, very easy.... but that damn small jump!!! Hate hate hate!

Now i'm ready, i know all game step by step no problems... but that jump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why not sharing it immediately?:)

Easiest way for the final battle is to kill the 6 supersoldaten that eject from the deck (there will be a couple of normal soldiers so watch out for them). Run to either the left or right and then towards the door. When you see it opening throw in 3 electromagnetic grenades then haul ass to the ladder before the first zestorer shoots his ubergewehr.

I found it easier than being stuck under the deck killing everything and takes only a couple of minutes. It is risky though if you dont have full health

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neurotekk_ said:

Easiest way for the final battle is to kill the 6 supersoldaten that eject from the deck (there will be a couple of normal soldiers so watch out for them). Run to either the left or right and then towards the door. When you see it opening throw in 3 electromagnetic grenades then haul ass to the ladder before the first zestorer shoots his ubergewehr.

I found it easier than being stuck under the deck killing everything and takes only a couple of minutes. It is risky though if you dont have full health

I tried the grenades strat, and it's very dangerous. 1 out of 5 times you can manage to stun the big guy and the other 2 shotgun dudes, jump with the battle walker on the ladder and go to the end, but the supersoldier that rushes through the door has plenty of time to shoot you, and the splash of his shots hurt like hell, and you dont want to face Engel low on armor and health. 

Easiest way i find to finish the final battle is to stick under the deck killing soldiers until they stop spawning, that way you focus only on the 2 big robots, and can pick health and armor after you killed then, you definetely want to go with full health and armor to Engel, with 100 health and no armor i noticed that she kills you with 3 shots. 

My problem now is on venus, right at the beginning, the first time you go out with the suit, there's this huge robot walking in front of a place you need to go, it's pretty easy to stealth your way in, but everytime i go in, right when the door opens, either a soldier or the supersoldier in the area spots me and the alarm goes up, i can't walk back because of the big guy, and i can't run towards the general because the supersoldier and a few other soldiers gets in the way, anyone knows a solid strategy for this area? Already lost 2 runs in this exactly same place

43 minutes ago, Phantochi said:

I tried the grenades strat, and it's very dangerous. 1 out of 5 times you can manage to stun the big guy and the other 2 shotgun dudes, jump with the battle walker on the ladder and go to the end, but the supersoldier that rushes through the door has plenty of time to shoot you, and the splash of his shots hurt like hell, and you dont want to face Engel low on armor and health. 

Easiest way i find to finish the final battle is to stick under the deck killing soldiers until they stop spawning, that way you focus only on the 2 big robots, and can pick health and armor after you killed then, you definetely want to go with full health and armor to Engel, with 100 health and no armor i noticed that she kills you with 3 shots. 

My problem now is on venus, right at the beginning, the first time you go out with the suit, there's this huge robot walking in front of a place you need to go, it's pretty easy to stealth your way in, but everytime i go in, right when the door opens, either a soldier or the supersoldier in the area spots me and the alarm goes up, i can't walk back because of the big guy, and i can't run towards the general because the supersoldier and a few other soldiers gets in the way, anyone knows a solid strategy for this area? Already lost 2 runs in this exactly same place

Run underneath the floor and fight it out down there. In the far area where it leads out, the enemies will funnel into the entrance underneath for you to take out. Everything will walk right into your line of fire except for maybe a couple of heavies. Then you can go out the back under the floor and pick them off very easily at the left side of the room taking cover behind a car wheel iirc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angus1343 said:

Run underneath the floor and fight it out down there. In the far area where it leads out, the enemies will funnel into the entrance underneath for you to take out. Everything will walk right into your line of fire except for maybe a couple of heavies. Then you can go out the back under the floor and pick them off very easily at the left side of the room taking cover behind a car wheel iirc.

That's a good one, never even noticed that opening on the floor, i always tried running to the door, but the enemies in this area makes no sense. When the door opens, you will either be facing the supersoldier or a normal soldier, or both of them will be walking through the room and you can go stealth to the commander. I have no idea what causes them to change their behaviour, at least i have a plan b now, this bit in venus is probably the hardest part for me. Was watching some speedruns and they all do the same thing, shoot the big guy with some charged laser shoots, and fight the soldiers in the room by leaning in the door, i did some tests doing this but it's not optimal since you're pretty much fighting a robot that can 1 shot you from a small open corridor. 

Edited by Phantochi

2 hours ago, Phantochi said:

It could be the timing, if I remember correctly I think I was already in the middle of throwing the second grenade when the door was not even halfway up. First one thrown on the door opening audio. It worked everytime on practices and obviously my mein leben run. The more I played/practiced i noticed that sometimes the game could be unpredictable at certain times. Very marginally though

• 1 month later...

Would anyone be so kind to provide a plan B strategy for the Panzerhund ride? (in case the stupid dog gets destroyed)

This section ruined two of my runs, I have practiced it a lot on IADI however during the Mein Leben runs the enemies completely destroy the fkin dog, so I have to run way back to the spawning location to save my ass. I found a good hiding spot in one of the buildings nearby, however the enemies did not want to come to my location, so I had to look for them. This is where the two runs ended because of the wide area and at least 1-2 enemies surprising me from behind.

7 hours ago, Jasko_SOA said:

Would anyone be so kind to provide a plan B strategy for the Panzerhund ride? (in case the stupid dog gets destroyed)

This section ruined two of my runs, I have practiced it a lot on IADI however during the Mein Leben runs the enemies completely destroy the fkin dog, so I have to run way back to the spawning location to save my ass. I found a good hiding spot in one of the buildings nearby, however the enemies did not want to come to my location, so I had to look for them. This is where the two runs ended because of the wide area and at least 1-2 enemies surprising me from behind.

the best strat for this is to get to the second area as quickly as possible, when the commander sign is gone you are clear and the enemies despawm. practice this and know where are the supersoldiers spawn and in that way you will know where to aim your fire, be aware that the enemies can spawn literally in front of you and etc. make sure you go straight forward and not taking the shortcut to the right and the target here is to take down the enemies on the turrets first, they can kill the panzerhund in seconds and then you are dead meat. when you complete the area backtrack and take any armor left, it will raise your chances to survive this all the way riding the panzerhund (just make sure no one from the next area spotted you, they can follow you and then you will have to deal with robots and supersoldiers in the road and that's not good, so be quick, i notice that the quicker you are in this game and the tactially skips you can do with the battlewalker makes the game much easier).

Edited by mataningo

7 hours ago, Jasko_SOA said:

At the very start,I hid behind the fence, leaning out and killing enemies form there with my rifle. I would let the alarm start and slowly killed all enemies and the commanders as they came to me. The commanders come last so once they are killed there are no more enemies in the starting section from memory. This way you start the second bit with full health for panzerhund.

Grab the panzerhund and once you get to the factory take it very slow, let the enemies come to you, pop out around the corners and shoot the flames then pop back.

EDIT:

I've been trying for a month now to get the Mein leben trophy and usually I died it in the courthouse or the bunker mission afterwards.

from my experience from the game the hardest parts are between Roswell and the New Orleans parts.

my advice for you all is to be patient and try to get the enemies to YOU.

I've practiced all the toughest sections for me and always found easy way out that you can use to your advantage but this game is so unpredictable and you'll need a plan B for every section to always relay on, needles to say that stealth is always the way to start everything.

Edited by mataningo

On 5/5/2020 at 7:41 AM, Jasko_SOA said:

I’ve beaten this part without using the Panzerhund at all. I think that using it is a very good way to get killed, you are a lot more safe if you kill all the enemies from the spawn area by leaning out with your AR. I upgraded it, making it a semi auto weapon and I just killed everyone from the spawn section. When I didn’t see or hear anyone coming, I’ve carefully advanced to lure them to my position then I returned to the “safe” spot until everyone were dead then I advenced to the factory section and I did the same thing: advance to lure the enemies a retreat behind the bulding, hide behind the corner of this building, lean out and face the big entrance, most of the enemies will run to you from this door and you should kill them easily. Be careful that some Panzersoldat might come to you from the right, so be careful.

Edited by TBO_Rum

21 hours ago, Spaz said:

I’m going to guess for many of you that Mein Leben took you well over 30 - 50 attempts to finally nail down, it not more. 

Should that be a rough estimate for the average player?

Well it can be a rough estimate, but 50 attempts seems to be too much. I would say around 25-40 or 25-35 attempts personally. TBH, I'm no where near as a amazing FPS player but it took me 22 attempts to beat Mein Leben (despite the fact that I theoretically had to beat it for the second time since I managed to clear one of my I Am Death Incarnate practice run beforehand without dying).

Edited by XxIsa-GxX

On 19.5.2020 at 3:08 AM, Spaz said:

I’m going to guess for many of you that Mein Leben took you well over 30 - 50 attempts to finally nail down, it not more. 

Should that be a rough estimate for the average player?

yeah that's about right.

I wouldn't say this game requires some skills or something like that at all. I managed to complete the game on Mein leben difficulty because I knew perfectly every location, enemy movements and some strategies to always be stealthy as possible. there is a lot of areas that you can skip and save yourself from engaging in big fights with powerful enemies and this game definitely have no mercy on you, you are pretty much haunted for the entire game.

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS OVERCHARGE, IT SAVES LIVES!

BTW

I DID A LOT OF SKIPS(Battle Walker), BUT NOT GLITCHES, THAT IS NOT THE WAY!

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, how do each of you practice for the Mein Leben run?

So far, on my 2nd IADI run, I've made a save at the beginning of each level, learned/followed an optimal route via video, and then immediately replayed each level at least 3 times to better memorize what I had just learned and iron out any kinks. I'm about to start learning Venus and beyond before attempting actual Mein Leben runs but I feel like I'm gradually developing an overconfidence in myself that will inevitably lead to many careless mistakes when I finally start. What mistakes did you make most often, which levels did you have to practice the most, and how did you practice?

Edited by ExistentialSolid