Mein Leben Runs.

1 hour ago, ivan_piz said:

Can someone point me a way on how to do the first Ausmerzer skip glitch consistently?
The very first skip on the game.. I cannot for the life of me do it properly..

I tried several hours and it's almost impossible to do this successfully, by this point I feel completely stupid.

I only get half of my head above the roof or I get completely stuck on the bench thing. lol

I don't recommend doing those skips, you can get stuck on one of those and you will have to quit the game. trust me there is no more satisfying feeling than to beat this mode with no skips at all.

I didn't even done those even though I saw many doing those on their guides, I couldn't take the risk of being stuck somewhere,so I played the if I die i'll die style. the skips I did were performed in a more tactically way depends on the situations. and remember that you don't actually need to clear every area, make your way to the checkpoints ASAP, be stealthy and have patience and be sure to be ready for any tricks because everything can turn into a mess in seconds, and the more good you are at combat the better you'll get it cleared fast, the game literally throws supersoldiers at you in the moment you get spotted, and from there if you don't quick enough to kill all of them or run away you are pretty much screwed.

Good Luck

4 hours ago, xItsLesterx said:

When you're on top of the bench, make sure you are dual wielding, aim down at the bottom left corner and just press jump repeatedly. BJ will automatically bypass the ceiling. Check out the video on where he's aiming. Did that glitch myself on every attempt and it worked just fine for me.

Still no joy for me. :/

I'm dual wielding, I position myself in the middle like him, crouch and keep holding forward.
I turn the aim to that corner and press X, let go of the forward stick and keep spamming X.

Anything else I should be doing?
In another guide the person says to turn right slightly.. But never helped me much.

3 hours ago, mataningo said:

I don't recommend doing those skips, you can get stuck on one of those and you will have to quit the game. trust me there is no more satisfying feeling than to beat this mode with no skips at all.

I didn't even done those even though I saw many doing those on their guides, I couldn't take the risk of being stuck somewhere,so I played the if I die i'll die style. the skips I did were performed in a more tactically way depends on the situations. and remember that you don't actually need to clear every area, make your way to the checkpoints ASAP, be stealthy and have patience and be sure to be ready for any tricks because everything can turn into a mess in seconds, and the more good you are at combat the better you'll get it cleared fast, the game literally throws supersoldiers at you in the moment you get spotted, and from there if you don't quick enough to kill all of them or run away you are pretty much screwed.

Good Luck

I understand what you mean, well, I could go for it, it's not a hard area but I did not train for that one haha

Tiny accidents can end the run pretty quickly, so yeah, that's why i wanted to skip

14 minutes ago, ivan_piz said:

Still no joy for me. :/

I'm dual wielding, I position myself in the middle like him, crouch and keep holding forward.
I turn the aim to that corner and press X, let go of the forward stick and keep spamming X.

Anything else I should be doing?
In another guide the person says to turn right slightly.. But never helped me much.

I understand what you mean, well, I could go for it, it's not a hard area but I did not train for that one haha

Tiny accidents can end the run pretty quickly, so yeah, that's why i wanted to skip

play the game, that probably will be the last thing you do for the platinum. I've played on various chapters and see for myself where it's best to play it slow and where I would like to rush and on my way I actually find some nice places to take cover and be sure that the enemies would not flank me, practice and patience are key. the difficulty itself is very hard and the game has changed a lot from what he used to be, so you'll need to be fast but also smart and stealthy.

On 11/1/2017 at 6:35 PM, Darkette said:

The letterbox cutscenes are skippable but that’s it. I think there’s around 30-40 ish minutes of non skippable cutscenes altogether. The problem is the intro cutscenes being like 10 minutes long, it’s a pain to watch after every death. 

That shit alone makes me not want to bother. It's like NYM mode on Max Payne 3. The cutscenes kill it. People should've petitioned to fix that stupid shit over changing the achievement. If I can straight up play through over and over, that's fine. No cutscenes under any circumstances. NONE. It's bullshit.

22 minutes ago, mataningo said:

play the game, that probably will be the last thing you do for the platinum. I've played on various chapters and see for myself where it's best to play it slow and where I would like to rush and on my way I actually find some nice places to take cover and be sure that the enemies would not flank me, practice and patience are key. the difficulty itself is very hard and the game has changed a lot from what he used to be, so you'll need to be fast but also smart and stealthy.

I did play the game :P
I've trained and tested a lot during my IAMDI run. I just haven't worked much on the misc trophies.

I asked for help to do this shortcut because it is something I'm stuck on.. don't want to be trying to skip a section for 2 hours on my mein leben run lol

16 hours ago, ivan_piz said:

I did play the game :P
I've trained and tested a lot during my IAMDI run. I just haven't worked much on the misc trophies.

I asked for help to do this shortcut because it is something I'm stuck on.. don't want to be trying to skip a section for 2 hours on my mein leben run lol

I'd recommend just going through it. Divide your practice up into sections. The main disadvantage that I can see with relying on a glitch...which I'm not saying is right or wrong...but the main disadvantage that I see is the time that is spent perfecting a pixel perfect glitch could be spent better in other places. It also runs the risk of you having a strong frontside of the game in terms of practice and competence...and a shaky backside which can lead to becoming a little discouraged when things go south late game. I would recommend practicing New Orleans, Venus and the Ship all as one thing...and have that be your most well practiced section by a lot. That way..once you get yourself past somewhere like...lets say...the courthouse...you get the feeling of smooth sailing.

I just want to be very clear that I am not necessarily against glitch skips..and glitches in general. I dont use them...but I make myself aware of them. I'm more along the lines of "if the game is going to give you an inch...take that inch if you need it." I don't support cheating...meaning: using influences outside of a game in order to achieve something not really earned...but I definitely am of the mindset that if the game is going to give you an advantage...even one that's not intended...then they should have been better programmers and that can be used if necessary. 

12 hours ago, xItsLesterx said:

When you go forward, just hold it so he goes thru the animation. Once he starts hopping over, start pressing X for jump and he should double as he's going thru the glitch. 

Thanks!
I found out that releasing the forward does help a lot for me, but I still have to move the stick to the right.
It's much more consistent now at least. Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Shua_J said:

I'd recommend just going through it. Divide your practice up into sections. The main disadvantage that I can see with relying on a glitch...which I'm not saying is right or wrong...but the main disadvantage that I see is the time that is spent perfecting a pixel perfect glitch could be spent better in other places. It also runs the risk of you having a strong frontside of the game in terms of practice and competence...and a shaky backside which can lead to becoming a little discouraged when things go south late game. I would recommend practicing New Orleans, Venus and the Ship all as one thing...and have that be your most well practiced section by a lot. That way..once you get yourself past somewhere like...lets say...the courthouse...you get the feeling of smooth sailing.

I just want to be very clear that I am not necessarily against glitch skips..and glitches in general. I dont use them...but I make myself aware of them. I'm more along the lines of "if the game is going to give you an inch...take that inch if you need it." I don't support cheating...meaning: using influences outside of a game in order to achieve something not really earned...but I definitely am of the mindset that if the game is going to give you an advantage...even one that's not intended...then they should have been better programmers and that can be used if necessary. 

Ohh noes, don't worry. I think I gave the wrong impression. I did practice the game quite a lot and I have back up plans for nearly every section lol

I gave my first try on Mein Leben today, I got to the platform after the train section and got spotted there (inside the platform) by the big soldier - I don't know how or why hahaha Never happened before, so I didn't know what to do there and died pretty quickly.
I'll return to my saves and play this again, it was very fun while it lasted :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ivan_piz said:

Ohh noes, don't worry. I think I gave the wrong impression. I did practice the game quite a lot and I have back up plans for nearly every section lol

I gave my first try on Mein Leben today, I got to the platform after the train section and got spotted there (inside the platform) by the big soldier - I don't know how or why hahaha Never happened before, so I didn't know what to do there and died pretty quickly.

Don't get me wrong...there isn't a newbie in this whole comment section. Yourself included. There are only people that have done it and people that are going to do it eventually. That's who's in here. I had an a hunch you were a little more practiced...but I thought if you weren't...it could be helpful...and if you were...it could still be helpful to others that are reading along. Cheers and good luck. You got this.

32 minutes ago, ivan_piz said:

Thanks!
I found out that releasing the forward does help a lot for me, but I still have to move the stick to the right.
It's much more consistent now at least. Thank you.

That sounds very good for a first attempt! be patient and persistent and you will get it done eventually :) Regarding skips: Only one that is pretty much 100% safe to perform is the section F revisited one, other than that it is just too risky if you are not aiming for a world record or so. Good luck :) 

So because I hate myself very much indeed (and because a friend suggested it), I ended up buying the German version so I could get the ML trophy a second time!

Wasn't as hard the second time, although since I last did it 2 years ago it did take some getting back into it and a couple of rather frustrating deaths after getting to Venus and the Ausmerzer. Interestingly I dreaded the courthouse a lot less this time around, probably because once you have a technique down it isn't as scary. The main blockers for me were definitely the last 2 levels and I suspect a lot of that is due to nerves.

I'm sure people have definitely seen and shared this video anyway but this time around as well as revisiting Kreeper's great original video, I also took some hints from this one:

While not specifically aiming to speed run it, I did find it useful as a way of speeding up certain earlier sections I was familiar with.

Anyways, It's great to see this thread still going and active. If you're working on ML right now, keep it up, you can do it! And feel free to ask if you want to know how I did any particular sections (although I could have done it pretty badly knowing me!)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MrManiacB said:

So because I hate myself very much indeed (and because a friend suggested it), I ended up buying the German version so I could get the ML trophy a second time!

Wasn't as hard the second time, although since I last did it 2 years ago it did take some getting back into it and a couple of rather frustrating deaths after getting to Venus and the Ausmerzer. Interestingly I dreaded the courthouse a lot less this time around, probably because once you have a technique down it isn't as scary. The main blockers for me were definitely the last 2 levels and I suspect a lot of that is due to nerves.

I'm sure people have definitely seen and shared this video anyway but this time around as well as revisiting Kreeper's great original video, I also took some hints from this one:

While not specifically aiming to speed run it, I did find it useful as a way of speeding up certain earlier sections I was familiar with.

Anyways, It's great to see this thread still going and active. If you're working on ML right now, keep it up, you can do it! And feel free to ask if you want to know how I did any particular sections (although I could have done it pretty badly knowing me!)

Lol, I would do it all over again also if I can

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2020 at 10:18 AM, Shua_J said:

Don't get me wrong...there isn't a newbie in this whole comment section. Yourself included. There are only people that have done it and people that are going to do it eventually. That's who's in here.

Newbie checking in.. sorry to break it to ya! ? I just like lurking here and following people’s progress. I’m in awe of you guys. I don’t know if I would have the patience and dedication for this. I’m rooting for everyone attempting this behemoth!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Newbie checking in.. sorry to break it to ya! 1f60e.png I just like lurking here and following people’s progress. I’m in awe of you guys. I don’t know if I would have the patience and dedication for this. I’m rooting for everyone attempting this behemoth!

LOL!! What's up, dieselmanchild?

I'm not buying it. :) If you literally went through the tedium of the LA Noire Platinum and 100 percent (Those fricken cars...why are those fricken cars a thing?) and you've Platinumed something like Modern Warfare 2 Remastered....You'd definitely be able to pull this off. Just saying.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Newbie checking in.. sorry to break it to ya! ? I just like lurking here and following people’s progress. I’m in awe of you guys. I don’t know if I would have the patience and dedication for this. I’m rooting for everyone attempting this behemoth!

Pick this shit up and start working on it. We'll have a warm seat ready for you in the mein leben club

giphy.gif

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Shua_J said:

LOL!! What's up, dieselmanchild?

I'm not buying it. :) If you literally went through the tedium of the LA Noire Platinum and 100 percent (Those fricken cars...why are those fricken cars a thing?) and you've Platinumed something like Modern Warfare 2 Remastered....You'd definitely be able to pull this off. Just saying.

19 hours ago, Phantochi said:

Pick this shit up and start working on it. We'll have a warm seat ready for you in the mein leben club

giphy.gif

Lol! ?

I appreciate the vote of confidence from you both, but Mein Leben is a whole different ballgame to any trophy I’ve unlocked in the past. However, I’ve started Max Payne 3 and plan to try my hand at “The Shadows Rushed Me” in the near future, which I see as a very similar challenge but on an easier difficulty. If I can pull that off maybe I’ll tackle this bad boy some day.

3 of my close friends from PSN have platinumed Wolfenstein 2 in that past year or so, with one of them platinuming it twice! So I’m starting to get jealous. ?

4 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Lol! 1f602.png

I appreciate the vote of confidence from you both, but Mein Leben is a whole different ballgame to any trophy I’ve unlocked in the past. However, I’ve started Max Payne 3 and plan to try my hand at “The Shadows Rushed Me” in the near future, which I see as a very similar challenge but on an easier difficulty. If I can pull that off maybe I’ll tackle this bad boy some day.

3 of my close friends from PSN have platinumed Wolfenstein 2 in that past year or so, with one of them platinuming it twice! So I’m starting to get jealous. 1f60a.png

Hey there

in Wolfenstein 2 you have your time to complete each level, take it slow and be patience, because unlike Max Payne 3 you don't get many chances, one or two shots and you are dead.

I've ripped this game apart and mastered every checkpoint, the enemies are doing whatever they want, so be stealthy and go with the flow, if something goes wrong run quickly to a safe spot or kill everyone you see.

be smart with the upgrades and you should be fine.

20 minutes ago, mataningo said:

Hey there

in Wolfenstein 2 you have your time to complete each level, take it slow and be patience, because unlike Max Payne 3 you don't get many chances, one or two shots and you are dead.

I've ripped this game apart and mastered every checkpoint, the enemies are doing whatever they want, so be stealthy and go with the flow, if something goes wrong run quickly to a safe spot or kill everyone you see.

be smart with the upgrades and you should be fine.

Yeah they’re both challenging in different ways. NYMHC in Max Payne is only set to normal difficulty, but you can die so fast in that game even on Easy mode. You’re fighting a countdown timer, as well as a myriad of notorious glitches and freezes that can destroy your run, and quite a few spots where a mistake or misfired shot equals instant failure.

Mein Leben is a much higher base difficulty, but you can also take as much time as you need, and it’s possible to stealth through many sections, (or even skip them entirely with glitches). However, it sounds like the AI is way more advanced and there’s just way more unpredictability at play and so many things that can go wrong in each battle. This one looks much harder overall.

Obviously it’s really hard to compare both trophies when I haven’t unlocked or even tried either of them yet, but I see them as fairly comparable challenges and feel like if you can master one of them, then you can probably nail them both! If I could pull off a NYMHC run then it would definitely do a lot for my confidence and tell me with enough practice and perseverance that I could do something like that.

Thanks for the tips btw! I’ve always been a little fascinated with this challenge and those who dare to take it on.

Edited by dieselmanchild

16 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Yeah they’re both challenging in different ways. NYMHC in Max Payne is only set to normal difficulty, but you can die so fast in that game even on Easy mode. You’re fighting a countdown timer, as well as a myriad of notorious glitches and freezes that can destroy your run, and quite a few spots where a mistake or misfired shot equals instant failure.

Mein Leben is a much higher base difficulty, but you can also take as much time as you need, and it’s possible to stealth through many sections, (or even skip them entirely with glitches). However, it sounds like the AI is way more advanced and there’s just way more unpredictability at play and so many things that can go wrong in each battle. This one looks much harder overall.

Obviously it’s really hard to compare both trophies when I haven’t unlocked or even tried either of them yet, but I see them as fairly comparable challenges and feel like if you can master one of them, then you can probably nail them both! If I could pull off a NYMHC run then it would definitely do a lot for my confidence and tell me with enough practice and perseverance that I could do something like that.

Thanks for the tips btw! I’ve always been a little fascinated with this challenge and those who dare to take it on.

I completely agree with you on that point that the AI is more advanced in Wolfenstein. 

The AI in MP3 will not pull off any crazy shit and it is not as random as Wolfenstein 2 is.

Moreover, MP3‘s no death run mode is set to normal. 

It took me one try for MP3 , but 40-50 for Wolfenstein 2... this is subjective though, there might be people breezing through Mein Leben and struggeling with NYMHC.

@JIVe_____ Do you remember how many attempts you needed each? Would really like to know that?

54 minutes ago, Jasko_SOA said:

I completely agree with you on that point that the AI is more advanced in Wolfenstein. 

The AI in MP3 will not pull off any crazy shit and it is not as random as Wolfenstein 2 is.

It took me one try for MP3 , but 40-50 for Wolfenstein 2... this is subjective though, there might be people breezing through Mein Leben and struggeling with NYMHC.

@JIVe_____ Do you remember how many attempts you needed each? Would really like to know that1f607.png

Yeah my friends who have done it all said the same thing - you can practice sections over and over again to perfection on IADA, but when you go to put it into practice on your Mein Leben run it’s pretty much guaranteed things will go off the rails at some point and you’ll encounter situations you are unprepared for, enemies behaving abnormally etc. So beyond the required practice and repetition, there’s also a large degree of skill and natural instinct involved. If you can’t think quickly on your feet and react to hairy situations, you can lose your whole run in a matter of seconds. Btw One try for NYMHC is very impressive! Congrats on both plats.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jasko_SOA said:

@JIVe_____ Do you remember how many attempts you needed each? Would really like to know that1f607.png

For NYMHC it took me 8 tries. I got to the very last section on my fifth try, and died from a stupid grenade ? I think NYMHC is easier because of the same reasons you listed.

Mein Leben was a whole different beast! I think it took me around 40-50 tries as well, 70% of which I died from the first enemy/chapter ? I definitely put in more time into practicing on I am Death Incarnate versus practicing for NYMHC. 

5 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Yeah my friends who have done it all said the same thing - you can practice sections over and over again to perfection on IADA, but when you go to put it into practice on your Mein Leben run it’s pretty much guaranteed things will go off the rails at some point and you’ll encounter situations you are unprepared for, enemies behaving abnormally etc. So beyond the required practice and repetition, there’s also a large degree of skill and natural instinct involved. If you can’t think quickly on your feet and react to hairy situations, you can lose your whole run in a matter of seconds. Btw One try for NYMHC is very impressive! Congrats on both plats.

What’s worked for me was to practice different strategies like going through stealthily vs running to the next section. For instance, on the last section with the giant robots, I practiced both rushing to the ladder and fighting it out underneath. I also ran scenarios where I lose my stealth advantage, and I’d try to find the best locations where I could peek out and fight from there. I’d recommend doing this because on my successful run, there wasn’t anything that surprised me as I had a backup plan for most of the difficult sections.

Edited by JIVe_____
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, JIVe_____ said:

What’s worked for me was to practice different strategies like going through stealthily vs running to the next section. For instance, on the last section with the giant robots, I practiced both rushing to the ladder and fighting it out underneath. I also ran scenarios where I lose my stealth advantage, and I’d try to find the best locations where I could peek out and fight from there. I’d recommend doing this because on my successful run, there wasn’t anything that surprised me as I had a backup plan for most of the difficult sections.

Trying to create different scenarios for yourself and learning how to react to them is a really great idea. I wouldn’t have even thought of doing something like that tbh.

• Like 1

On 2020-10-25 at 3:44 PM, dieselmanchild said:

Agreed aswell here is the deal:

NYMHC was more stressful for me cause it was longer and the game would freeze at certain places or get an instant death failure.

Mein leben well was much harder to master as I played 40h on I’m death incarnate alone in order to pull it off.

Sadly none here mention Messiah trophy from outlast 2 kinda underrated game they have patched so many sections that even the average gamer can beat it without any issues.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FearlessElle said:

Agreed aswell here is the deal:

NYMHC was more stressful for me cause it was longer and the game would freeze at certain places or get an instant death failure.

Mein leben well was much harder to master as I played 40h on I’m death incarnate alone in order to pull it off.

Sadly none here mention Messiah trophy from outlast 2 kinda underrated game they have patched so many sections that even the average gamer can beat it without any issues.

Congratulations on conquering both of these challenges. Very impressive!

I’ve heard of the Messiah trophy from Outlast 2, but I’m not very familiar with it as I’ve never played an Outlast game. Besides that, the only other comparable trophies I’ve heard mentioned regularly are the Hardcore trophy from Dead Space 2 and the Iron Titan trophy from Titan Souls. I’m not familiar with those games either, but I’ve enjoyed reading the stories of players who have tackled those challenges.