Mein Leben Runs.

On 2020-10-29 at 6:27 PM, dieselmanchild said:

Congratulations on conquering both of these challenges. Very impressive!

I’ve heard of the Messiah trophy from Outlast 2, but I’m not very familiar with it as I’ve never played an Outlast game. Besides that, the only other comparable trophies I’ve heard mentioned regularly are the Hardcore trophy from Dead Space 2 and the Iron Titan trophy from Titan Souls. I’m not familiar with those games either, but I’ve enjoyed reading the stories of players who have tackled those challenges.

Thanks! Dead space 2 has also similar challenges as you said but I didn’t really play the game yet. One day I will buy it ?

Good luck to you!

Edited by FearlessElle
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, FearlessElle said:

Thanks! Dead space 2 has also similar challenges as you said but I didn’t really play the game yet. One day I will buy it ?

Good luck to you!

Same here. I arrived to the PlayStation & trophy hunting scene really late so I’ve mostly just been playing catch-up over the past couple years and familiarizing myself with all the fantastic franchises and games I completely missed out on. I’ve heard awesome things about the Dead Space series and it’s been recommended to me by a lot of people, but it’s one that I’ve still yet to try.

I usually go out and pick up a huge stack of used PS3 games every couple months, so next time I’m out at the store I’ll take a look for Dead Space 1 and see if I can check it out!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2020 at 5:21 AM, dieselmanchild said:

Same here. I arrived to the PlayStation & trophy hunting scene really late so I’ve mostly just been playing catch-up over the past couple years and familiarizing myself with all the fantastic franchises and games I completely missed out on. I’ve heard awesome things about the Dead Space series and it’s been recommended to me by a lot of people, but it’s one that I’ve still yet to try.

I usually go out and pick up a huge stack of used PS3 games every couple months, so next time I’m out at the store I’ll take a look for Dead Space 1 and see if I can check it out!

Seriously, do yourself a huge favor and play the Dead Space games. You will not regret that choice in life.

I'm in the same situation too. I was mostly an XBOX guy after the PS2 and didn't get into the Trophy thing until way later. I think my first Plat was 2 years ago if that. Loved picking up all the things I missed out on. It's been like one continuous gaming Christmas for 2 straight years. :)

So, you started gearing up for Wolfenstein 2 yet? :)

18 hours ago, Shua_J said:

Seriously, do yourself a huge favor and play the Dead Space games. You will not regret that choice in life.

I'm in the same situation too. I was mostly an XBOX guy after the PS2 and didn't get into the Trophy thing until way later. I think my first Plat was 2 years ago if that. Loved picking up all the things I missed out on. It's been like one continuous gaming Christmas for 2 straight years. :)

So, you started gearing up for Wolfenstein 2 yet? :)

I agree it’s like a never ending Christmas! I have just a little more time on you, I believe this March will be the 3 year point since I earned my first platinum and started trophy hunting. I only arrived on PS3 about 6 months before that, so I’ve been a very busy and satisfied gamer these past few years, cramming in as many classics as I can. ?

I’ve got several games on the go right now, but my big project I’m chipping away at is Max Payne 3. I’m currently working on the multiplayer and DLC components (paranoid of servers going down and getting locked out of that plat lol). That game should be a pretty good litmus test as to my skills, patience, and ability to keep cool under pressure, so if I manage to platinum that then I will start taking a serious look at Wolfenstein 2. Until then it’s just a pipe dream. ?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

I agree it’s like a never ending Christmas! I have just a little more time on you, I believe this March will be the 3 year point since I earned my first platinum and started trophy hunting. I only arrived on PS3 about 6 months before that, so I’ve been a very busy and satisfied gamer these past few years, cramming in as many classics as I can. 1f601.png

I’ve got several games on the go right now, but my big project I’m chipping away at is Max Payne 3. I’m currently working on the multiplayer and DLC components (paranoid of servers going down and getting locked out of that plat lol). That game should be a pretty good litmus test as to my skills, patience, and ability to keep cool under pressure, so if I manage to platinum that then I will start taking a serious look at Wolfenstein 2. Until then it’s just a pipe dream. 1f61c.png

Sounds like a great plan! I haven‘t checked what trophies you already have in MP3, but if you are still grinding Score Attack for level 50 I would advise you the following: Turn off the volume and listen to some good music while grinding exp?Passos‘ voice was haunting me after this tedious grind lol.

2 minutes ago, Jasko_SOA said:

Sounds like a great plan! I haven‘t checked what trophies you already have in MP3, but if you are still grinding Score Attack for level 50 I would advise you the following: Turn off the volume and listen to some good music while grinding exp1f602.pngPassos‘ voice was haunting me after this tedious grind lol.

I’m trying to get all the other trophies and M4 kills before going for rank 50, in order to avoid needlessly wasting XP and time by doing it afterwards. I only played Score Attack for an hour or two to get a feel for it, but Passos was already driving me crazy lol. If I hear that line about a milk and a blowjob one more time I might check the console out the window. ? I’ll definitely be doing the music/podcast/Netflix thing while slogging through that grind.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally going to give this a go, its the only thing between me and the platinum now.

Currently on around attempt 20, furthest I've gotten so far is Manhatten Ruins (Died to a stray enemy grenade).

Update 24/03/2021. Starting to make progress now, made it to the courtroom twice.

Edited by Shadowlord87
  • Like 1

On 20/03/2021 at 5:02 AM, Shadowlord87 said:

Finally going to give this a go, its the only thing between me and the platinum now.

Currently on around attempt 20, furthest I've gotten so far is Manhatten Ruins (Died to a stray enemy grenade).

Update 24/03/2021. Starting to make progress now, made it to the courtroom twice.

Best of luck beating this, its next level difficult. Watch plenty of speedrun guides as they essentially have the same proven pathway of beating it.

On 3/19/2021 at 10:02 PM, Shadowlord87 said:

any update

On 19.3.2021 at 7:02 PM, Shadowlord87 said:

The courtroom is actually very easy, if you use the camp below the table tactic. You can only die on your way up the stairs after the door opens if you get hit by the dog unlucky 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cometowner said:

any update

So I did make it past the courtroom, then in probably what is the biggest epic fail so far, died on the Battle Walker Upgrade course (dopped down a level, and misjudged where the electric fence thing ended).

11 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

The courtroom is actually very easy, if you use the camp below the table tactic. You can only die on your way up the stairs after the door opens if you get hit by the dog unlucky 

Yeah, I don't tend to have much trouble with the courtroom tbh, when I die there, it's usually down to me making stupid mistakes.

Edit: 2 More attempts today, First ended at the big robot at the Obercommando.

2nd was my best attempt so far, made it to the beginning of the Panzerhound section, tried taking out the initial section on foot (taking cover at the beginning, and letting them come to me), got careless and a supersoldior got to me.

Edited by Shadowlord87

11 hours ago, Shadowlord87 said:

So I did make it past the courtroom, then in probably what is the biggest epic fail so far, died on the Battle Walker Upgrade course (dopped down a level, and misjudged where the electric fence thing ended).

Yeah, I don't tend to have much trouble with the courtroom tbh, when I die there, it's usually down to me making stupid mistakes.

Edit: 2 More attempts today, First ended at the big robot at the Obercommando.

2nd was my best attempt so far, made it to the beginning of the Panzerhound section, tried taking out the initial section on foot (taking cover at the beginning, and letting them come to me), got careless and a supersoldior got to me.

If you make it in the second section with the panzerhound, everything in the first section despawns. It's best to just rush though there and trigger that spawn, then go back and collect armor for the hound that you missed. 

14 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

If you make it in the second section with the panzerhound, everything in the first section despawns. It's best to just rush though there and trigger that spawn, then go back and collect armor for the hound that you missed. 

Cheers, gave that a try on my IADI save, works ok for me, but I tend to kill off the first few guys, including a big guy or 2, then mount up and head for the checkpoint.

2 more attempts today.

First one ended at Roswell (The initial guy randomly turned around and sounded the alarm, which he has never done in any of my previous or practice runs. Annoyingly, I managed to kill off all the attackers, then messed up the jump onto the train (twice), and died to a robot.)

2nd run ended at the Obercommando at Roswell, messed up the timing of the laser shot at the big robot, tried getting to cover, but it killed me off before I could.

9 hours ago, Shadowlord87 said:

Cheers, gave that a try on my IADI save, works ok for me, but I tend to kill off the first few guys, including a big guy or 2, then mount up and head for the checkpoint.

2 more attempts today.

First one ended at Roswell (The initial guy randomly turned around and sounded the alarm, which he has never done in any of my previous or practice runs. Annoyingly, I managed to kill off all the attackers, then messed up the jump onto the train (twice), and died to a robot.)

2nd run ended at the Obercommando at Roswell, messed up the timing of the laser shot at the big robot, tried getting to cover, but it killed me off before I could.

If you are having trouble consistently making the jump to the train in Roswell right before you get the shotgun, I found a  more consistent way: after you turn on the switch, try to sneak up to the robot and kill it - then there is a little platform you can stand on right beside it (right side) and you can jump while sprinting from there. This worked for me every time.

Made it to the Ausmerzer revisit today, died at the 2nd of the Odin control thingy's. Random guy somehow survived the explosion of the robodog & supersoldior, and managed to get behind me, killed me before I could work out where I was getting shot at from.

Probably my most chaotic run so far tbh, messed up so many sections I was trying to stealth through, and ended up fighting my way out (Final section of the Panzerhund, section on Venus just after the big robot, inadvertantly throwing a grenade during the 2nd outside section of Venus (luckily I'd already killed the commander) the 2 commanders just before the end of Venus).

Definately feeling like this is doable now.

Edited by Shadowlord87
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Shadowlord87 said:

Made it to the Ausmerzer revisit today, died at the 2nd of the Odin control thingy's. Random guy somehow survived the explosion of the robodog & supersoldior, and managed to get behind me, killed me before I could work out where I was getting shot at from.

Probably my most chaotic run so far tbh, messed up so many sections I was trying to stealth through, and ended up fighting my way out (Final section of the Panzerhund, section on Venus just after the big robot, inadvertantly throwing a grenade during the 2nd outside section of Venus (luckily I'd already killed the commander) the 2 commanders just before the end of Venus).

Definately feeling like this is doable now.

Once youve completed this one, youll be fast tracked to beating the german version as well.

16 hours ago, Kyoko Izanami said:

This should be easy for me to win it all and claim another UR and milestone to it.

Looking for some sort of applause? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shadowlord87 said:

Almost there now.

Made it to the end boss today, died due to trying to reload, and accidentally picking up one of the big guns, slowing me down as I was heading for cover, letting a random guy kill me off :(

Damn, that hurts, it could be worse tho, i died once for Engel, and i felt like shit for a while LUL

Good luck on future runs, you got this.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shadowlord87 said:

Almost there now.

Made it to the end boss today, died due to trying to reload, and accidentally picking up one of the big guns, slowing me down as I was heading for cover, letting a random guy kill me off :(

Head up. You'll have it done in no time. It'll make getting it done all the better.

I died once just before the final boss which was soul crushing. I had to take a few days of to calm down.

3 more failed atempts today.

1. Venus. Robodog. Detonated the explosive thing next to it, and as I was swapping voer to the shotguns, it charged me.Managed to kill it, but it then exploded, which I did survive, this then caaused somethign else to explode (i'm unsure what), killing me off.

2. Manhatten Bunker (on the way in). Death to possibly the most evasive dog ever. 

3. Roswell Train. Detected by one of the railway turret things. Alerting the supersoldier I was sneaking up on. Death by Laser.

Edited by Shadowlord87
  • Like 1