21 hours ago, ahmedelebiary said:

Okay I'll list a few of my deaths so far 

Wheelchair: 10 deaths 

Ausmerzer: 2 deaths 

Panzerhund (New Orleans): 1 death 

Mesquite: 1 death 

Penthouse: 1 death.

Still haven't made it to Venus 1f62a.png1f624.png 

wheelchair can be bullshit at 1st try but once you got enough run  it wont bother you anymore if you died there  ausmerzer can be easy as long you follow the guide you are follow it  as for venus  at the beginning i stealth kill the whole room is easy  the 2nd room is the hardest to sneak past  i rather just sit in a corner and just blast them all to be safe, oh yea i follow multiple guide video to do my mein leben video i can't do commantary   but i pick some of the strategy that i prefer from these video guide

Edited by SoloArarum

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

is there a recommended list of manual saves to make during IADI run for practicing purposes?

I counted ~13 spots which I would like to have manual save at, but as far as I know the limit is 10:

1. right when you get in control of the wheel chair
  2. when you get your power armor and the german lady opens the door
  3. Sektion F
  4. Manhattan
  5. Sektion F Revisit
  6. Rosswell
  7. Mesquite
  8. Courthouse
  9. Manhattan revisit
  10. New Orleans
  11. New Orleans 2 - after you meet the group (includes Panzerhund ride)
  12. Venus
  13. Ausmerzer

Any tips and help are appreciated.

2 hours ago, HusKy said:

Hey guys,

is there a recommended list of manual saves to make during IADI run for practicing purposes?

I counted ~13 spots which I would like to have manual save at, but as far as I know the limit is 10:

3. Sektion F
  4. Manhattan
  5. Sektion F Revisit
  6. Rosswell
  7. Mesquite
  8. Courthouse
  9. Manhattan revisit
  10. New Orleans
  12. Venus
  13. Ausmerzer

I would delete Section F revisit, Manhattan revisit and New Orleans. For me, those parts are easy to complete.

My deads were on wheelchair a few times, a couple in Manhattan before the subway part, Panzerhund ride and one in Ausmerzer. 

In fact, I never replay any level in IADI for my mein leben runs, never saw it necessary if you follow YouTube walkthrough videos. 

Edited by Carttagos

4 hours ago, HusKy said:

Hey guys,

3. Sektion F
  4. Manhattan
  5. Sektion F Revisit
  6. Rosswell
  7. Mesquite
  8. Courthouse
  9. Manhattan revisit
  10. New Orleans
  12. Venus
  13. Ausmerzer

I don’t think you need the first three. None of them are particularly challenging in my opinion at all. You may die at the wheelchair section occasionally but it’s the most harmless death you can possibly have. I did this awhile ago when there weren’t as many guides out there so I’m not up-to-date with the newest strats. I know you have a save for Manhattan but I’d suggest maybe having one specifically for the Penthouse section too. I also recommend practicing Roswell a good amount along with the other obvious sections (Courthouse, Ausmerzer, etc.). For some reason I had a bit of trouble with Roswell in actual runs. I was using a speedrun strat at one part and it was more nuanced than I realized. The first time I got past Roswell was actually when I completed the run. 

1 hour ago, BigBossImBeamer said:

Use another progression slot for 10 extra saves. 1f642.png

Or just do this haha. I didn’t know about this. I guess you’ll have to play through the entire game again but it could be good practice. Or you could use this slot for saves in the beginning part of the game and you wouldn’t have to play through the entire thing. 

On 2017-11-03 at 5:59 PM, SlimSanta94 said:

I really want to get this game but after reading this thread I don't think I want to put myself through the stress of this platinum.. i'll just be happy with 49/51 xD 

The fact it's a bronze trophy aswell... xD 

look at all the ultra rare plats you have. You absolutely are required (seemingly) to get this! 

Just did it! After a month trying and 1-2 attempts per day. Here are my tips:

1) The videos in youtube, although helpful, are a bit miseleading and require a lot of luck. You just see one successful attempt, out of how many failures? I would suggest to learn them by heart, follow them to the letter in your first tries, but try NOT run to skip parts. At least i never did, although i tried many times. They were very incosistent and luck depended. You dont want to depend on luck after spending many hours on a run. The stealth parts are mostly OK and follow these to the letter.

2) I have a ps4 and a ps5. For the last level, I had both on and only attempted each section after i had cleared it 2-3 times on ps4. That helped me relieve the stress.

3) Wolf is a long game. My successful try took me 3 days. Play in chunks of 1 hour at most. Prepare for the next part if you wish on another console. On my final attempts, i used to play for 1-2 hours and then switch to another (easy :P) game. After an hour in the game I got anxious, sloppy and impatient, resulting in doing stupid mistakes and dying in stupid places.

4) Level specific tips. These are the parts i did differently from most youtube videos:

For the Penthouse, just camp to the corner behind the boxes, buy use your silence pistols. Most of the times, the enemies you kill do not alert the others and you just have to kill 2-3 enemies until the helicopter arrives. It does not work always, but most of the times. If the enemies get alerted, switch to rifles.

For the Courthouse, there is a strategy 100% safe and consistent where you hide under a table. Look for it on youtube. 

For the panzerhound ride, DO NOT ride it immediately. Get off and clear the enemies from a distance, hide behind the wall at the spawing area.. When you have killed around 30, just ride it to the end. You can kill everyone if you wish, but not necessary. 100% safe and consistent. Remember to full your armor (if you were damaged) by picking armor while riding from the dead enemies.

For the street level in New Orleans, also do not run. There are 2 heavies and around 5 enemies. Kill them first and then proceed safely.

For Venus, DO NOT run in the first part. It's very incosistent. Just camp to the room you see the first heavy and kill eveyrone there.

For Venus part 2, when you are in the open part where you are getting heat, just stay in the door you arrived after the long ladder and clear everyone there first (a heavy, 2 robots, 3 flying machines). This way, if you mess up with the tricky jumps, it's not insta death. There is also much armor and health next to the door.

For the final fight, DO NOT camp at the far left spot. Enemies fall in front of you and you cant see them, but they see you. Just stay between the doors that have opened. Remember, you re looking for consistent methods.And all of the times camping is most (if not always) consistent.

Good luck!

Edited by karpathoulas667
  • Like 1

On 14/07/2021 at 11:55 PM, HusKy said:

Hey guys,

3. Sektion F
  4. Manhattan
  5. Sektion F Revisit
  6. Rosswell
  7. Mesquite
  8. Courthouse
  9. Manhattan revisit
  10. New Orleans
  12. Venus
  13. Ausmerzer

Great info there, I think I'm ready soon to practice this game. Still trying to get over my first playthrough on IADI which had over 1000 deaths

12 hours ago, closertim said:

Great info there, I think I'm ready soon to practice this game. Still trying to get over my first playthrough on IADI which had over 1000 deaths

1000 deaths! That is too much to be honest. That must have hurt a lot. On my first IADI playthrough once I reached around 50 deaths I said: "F this, I am definitely approaching this in a wrong way, I must search for youtube Mein Leben strategies and best routes?". For me the loading screen each time I died was very slow to finish

Edited by stealthlevel100

4 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

So you can save at a chapter, then if you die you can reload to it right? Or not possible, not tried this game, this trophy is a tough one.

No saves, no reloading, no checkpoints. You die once, it's all the way back to the beginning.

22 minutes ago, offdutysuperhero said:

its been 10 days since i got the platinum and 7 since i got the 100% and wow that was a great experience. maybe im a bit of a masochist but i really enjoyed the journey and im still thinking back on it.

You can always do it again ?