Mein Leben Runs.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, MrManiacB said:

Been a while since I checked in on this thread, but I see we have a few more members of the ML/Plat club. Congrats to you all. Still a huge achievement for anyone who gets it :)

thanks! i actually wanted to do it again   probably on ps5  ??  i miss mein leben already

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So I finally got mein laben done and I will say it was a pure painful ride from start to end. Roswell to me is still an rng hellhole due to the fact you can be spotted by a normal guy or the uber soldier sees you and brings the whole hell beams on your ass and kills you. Yes you could run up the metal bars but it is not worth it as you can easily miss the jump and die or make it and when you run up and try to get past the enemies you get a lot of your hp and armour blown off and are nearly dead.

The advice I can give is to try and mix a blend of two videos I used along with your own style. the court room is always a pain but you can make it if you get there with all the things needed that is such as 200 armour and pick up the heavy gun and hide behind the wooden post that has a 100 hp health pick up.

The levels after were more smooth sailing till I hit venus. that part is just pain the first part when you come out of your room kill everyone silently and the commandor and then when you get to a hall way that goes left and right and a up a head part you want to wait on the side for the uber soldier to go then shoot silently the guy on the left and walk to the other side and then when your close to the room with the uber soldiers duel weld shotguns and run past the room shoot anything in your way while you run to the room with the suit and put it on. on venus's surface you want to not fight the big robot and just stealth past it after that kill the commandor when in the next part you want to silently take out the robot on the left and shoot with the silent handguns the robot on the right and then duel weld your rifles and gun down the big guy and drones and the last robot and then you can get to the next part.

The two videos I used are this one The (Perhaps) Best Wolfenstein II Mein Leben Tutorial - YouTube and this one Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus - Mein Leben Difficulty Speedrun - (2h28m) - YouTube the strats from all of this helped me to get the trophy and yeah.

Edited by Lonemankane
  • Like 3

Very impressive work @Lonemankane. So sorry it's taken me this long to finally make a compliment.

A part of me seriously wants to play thru Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus but I can't even begin to describe how long Mein Leben will take. It looks so damn fun, although the overly dramatic story and sometimes unlikeable characters (as evidenced in the unskippable in-game cutscenes) I could take or leave.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Very impressive work @Lonemankane. So sorry it's taken me this long to finally make a compliment.

A part of me seriously wants to play thru Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus but I can't even begin to describe how long Mein Leben will take. It looks so damn fun, although the overly dramatic story and sometimes unlikeable characters (as evidenced in the unskippable in-game cutscenes) I could take or leave.

Trust me mate it is not a fun game. maybe a good challenge but it is not fair. plus the story is just pushing too much some kind of message that is confused and shit and is nothing like a wolfenstein game. If you ask me the better wolfenstein game is more or less new order, old blood, wolfenstein 2009 and return to castle wolfenstein along with 3d the rest just fail to even be a good game.

Plus I feel I was more or less lucky with the rng on a lot of the parts such as the lift in roswell and the placement of the enemies on the train and so on. a more fair challenge would be something like killzone 2 on the hardest setting or even ultra violence in doom 1 and 2. Or better still House of the dead overkill even though you can basically cheat that with duel welding move controllers like I did but yeah

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lonemankane said:

Trust me mate it is not a fun game. maybe a good challenge but it is not fair. plus the story is just pushing too much some kind of message that is confused and shit and is nothing like a wolfenstein game. If you ask me the better wolfenstein game is more or less new order, old blood, wolfenstein 2009 and return to castle wolfenstein along with 3d the rest just fail to even be a good game.

Plus I feel I was more or less lucky with the rng on a lot of the parts such as the lift in roswell and the placement of the enemies on the train and so on. a more fair challenge would be something like killzone 2 on the hardest setting or even ultra violence in doom 1 and 2. Or better still House of the dead overkill even though you can basically cheat that with duel welding move controllers like I did but yeah

Trust me I've done worse. Perhaps this is the worst in terms of first person shooters but this is definitely a challenge that not everybody will get. Now whether or not it's actually fun, I tend to get mixed opinions.

Unfortunately, Wolfenstein seems to have gone in the wrong direction as I heard things just fell apart with Wolfenstein: Youngblood. DOOM is still holding up because it's DOOM. Story is basically non important and largely insignificant, whereas the appeal of Wolfenstein was killing fantasy like German Nazis. 

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Trust me I've done worse. Perhaps this is the worst in terms of first person shooters but this is definitely a challenge that not everybody will get. Now whether or not it's actually fun, I tend to get mixed opinions.

Unfortunately, Wolfenstein seems to have gone in the wrong direction as I heard things just fell apart with Wolfenstein: Youngblood. DOOM is still holding up because it's DOOM. Story is basically non important and largely insignificant, whereas the appeal of Wolfenstein was killing fantasy like German Nazis. 

Well the whole of the Wolfenstein series starting going down hill from this game on, as both this and young blood was pushing the same shitty weird message. Wolfenstein was normally about killing Nazis and seeing the crazy stuff they found or made or are trying to make such as in return to castle wolfenstein your fighting undead mummy's and crazy uber soldiers that are just a torso and arms and head and uses the lighting cell where their legs used to be to shock you to death or jump at you. The games were fun and great but this and young blood was pushing a shitty story down your throat with a lot of unskipable cutscenes. it stops a lot of the flow of the game and puts a bad taste in your mouth.

It is why I say to not bother with this game or better yet if you want a better challenge try return to castle wolfenstein on ps2 and beat it on the hardest mode. as that felt like a good challenge and was a much better fun game.

42 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

Well the whole of the Wolfenstein series starting going down hill from this game on, as both this and young blood was pushing the same shitty weird message. Wolfenstein was normally about killing Nazis and seeing the crazy stuff they found or made or are trying to make such as in return to castle wolfenstein your fighting undead mummy's and crazy uber soldiers that are just a torso and arms and head and uses the lighting cell where their legs used to be to shock you to death or jump at you. The games were fun and great but this and young blood was pushing a shitty story down your throat with a lot of unskipable cutscenes. it stops a lot of the flow of the game and puts a bad taste in your mouth.

It is why I say to not bother with this game or better yet if you want a better challenge try return to castle wolfenstein on ps2 and beat it on the hardest mode. as that felt like a good challenge and was a much better fun game.

That has been an ongoing issue since this game came out but it's far too old for the developers to give a damn at this point.

I have played the old Wolfenstein games, particularly Return to Castle Wolfenstein which I have on PC. Was great back in the day, considering I played it a lot back in high school and when I first went to college but there are definitely things that..... haven't aged well. It's hard to look back at games from 20 years ago and say a good number of them are still fully playable. All time classics like Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Solid 2 are still great and fun to play, but there are definitely a number of games from the PS2 that didn't age well and are frankly, a pain in the butt to play now.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is still about killing Nazis, but the story has been placed with some importance since The New Order. Unfortunately the story is basically the same kind of story we get nowadays with a lot of Netflix and Amazon Prime shows, which are shows I have absolutely no interest in.

If anything, I still want that challenge. There's enough guides and video walkthroughs at this point to prove this is plenty doable even for a guy like me who isn't exceptionally good at first person shooters.

8 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

That has been an ongoing issue since this game came out but it's far too old for the developers to give a damn at this point.

I have played the old Wolfenstein games, particularly Return to Castle Wolfenstein which I have on PC. Was great back in the day, considering I played it a lot back in high school and when I first went to college but there are definitely things that..... haven't aged well. It's hard to look back at games from 20 years ago and say a good number of them are still fully playable. All time classics like Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Solid 2 are still great and fun to play, but there are definitely a number of games from the PS2 that didn't age well and are frankly, a pain in the butt to play now.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is still about killing Nazis, but the story has been placed with some importance since The New Order. Unfortunately the story is basically the same kind of story we get nowadays with a lot of Netflix and Amazon Prime shows, which are shows I have absolutely no interest in.

If anything, I still want that challenge. There's enough guides and video walkthroughs at this point to prove this is plenty doable even for a guy like me who isn't exceptionally good at first person shooters.

I agree with that but I feel return to castle wolfenstein is not like dmc1 or anything that has aged bad as I found it like playing doom 1 and 2, abit hard to get used to the controls but once you do it is a blast to play. and yeah the Challenge is do able but you have to have good plans for all the levels and pray rng is in your favour.

2 hours ago, Lonemankane said:

I agree with that but I feel return to castle wolfenstein is not like dmc1 or anything that has aged bad as I found it like playing doom 1 and 2, abit hard to get used to the controls but once you do it is a blast to play. and yeah the Challenge is do able but you have to have good plans for all the levels and pray rng is in your favour.

Agree. Wolfenstein II is definitely a platinum to be proud of. Story isn't all that good. That's why I loved Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, because it was a lot more loose and casual in its story while it brought back elements that were in the old games, including those retro levels which were taken off of Wolfenstein 3D.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Agree. Wolfenstein II is definitely a platinum to be proud of. Story isn't all that good. That's why I loved Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, because it was a lot more loose and casual in its story while it brought back elements that were in the old games, including those retro levels which were taken off of Wolfenstein 3D.

For me Old blood was the best of the newer wolfenstein games followed up with ether wolfenstein 2009 or new order. However I feel differently with the being proud of wolf 2 plat. the only reason I even went out of my way to do it was because I wanted to finish off what I started in terms of getting the wolfenstein games done and finished the ones I own that is. like later down the line I might do the dlc to wolf 2 but I hardly think I would I might but yeah I don't think I will so soon. As my standing with this plat for me was I was very lucky with the rng on some parts. some parts went to shit fast like the part on venus with the belt ride, a enemy I shot didn't die and was firing at me but when I reach the end I was able to finish him off. I felt more proud at dmc3 plat and 3d dot game heroes.

Edited by Lonemankane
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

I’ve just bought this. Is Mein Leben still ridiculously hard? I get the feeling it will be impossible for me ?

Nah dude it really isn’t that hard.

It difficulty is pretty much this,

If you get nervous you’ll probably die.

If you don’t practice the sections that your uncomfortable with you’ll probably die.

Just remember failure is part of the experience and it’s needed for you to overcome the challenge and be rewarded with the games sweat platinum trophy.

So when you die and lose 3hrs of progress don’t think it means time wasted, now you understand the game better and can be more effective next run.

Go practice that section via quick save and you’ll be fine.

Overall I’d honestly rate Wolf 2 a 8/10, and think anyone can do it if they have the time(witch we all do on here) and can control their nerves.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

I’ve just bought this. Is Mein Leben still ridiculously hard? I get the feeling it will be impossible for me ?

No, it is not. It is not impossible for you either (Believe in yourself ?). Just remember, it's as hard as the 'I Am Death Incarnate' difficulty so if you can beat the game on that difficulty then Mein Leben is completely possible. All you've got to do is persist (It may take a lot of persistence) and with enough practice in each section, the permadeath trophy is as good as yours. It personally took me somewhere around 90 hours to complete it. 

1 minute ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Nah dude it really isn’t that hard.

It difficulty is pretty much this,

If you get nervous you’ll probably die.

If you don’t practice the sections that your uncomfortable with you’ll probably die.

Just remember failure is part of the experience and it’s needed for you to overcome the challenge and be rewarded with the games sweat platinum trophy.

So when you die and lose 3hrs of progress don’t think it means time wasted, now you understand the game better and can be more effective next run.

Go practice that section via quick save and you’ll be fine.

Overall I’d honestly rate Wolf 2 a 8/10, and think anyone can do it if they have the time(witch we all do on here) and can control their nerves.

couldn't agree more!

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, smsyx said:

No, it is not. It is not impossible for you either (Believe in yourself ?). Just remember, it's as hard as the 'I Am Death Incarnate' difficulty so if you can beat the game on that difficulty then Mein Leben is completely possible. All you've got to do is persist (It may take a lot of persistence) and with enough practice in each section, the permadeath trophy is as good as yours. It personally took me somewhere around 90 hours to complete it. 

couldn't agree more!

I've had this game for a while, and you made me want to go for it, thanks!  may also finish up shadow warrior while i am at it

• Like 2

On 2021-11-05 at 0:46 AM, Tomy_IV said:

Got it done in just 3 Days And 12 Hours. Im suprised i did it that fast since first time played it. I had tons of Practise on I am death incarnate! Before starting Mein Leben. 

I had total of 2 deaths  1 in the Manhattan penthouse i was Lean Shooting from Cover and i didnt notice a grenade next to me. So it blow up and i was on my back with low HP and 2 guards were rushing me and killed me 

My last death was so random. I have no idea how i got killed. Manhattan Bunker. Easy section too. I just blow up. Maybe a barrel or something. 

I had a very close call in Venus i were at 20 HP Near the end. If i did panic i would have died for sure 

I recommend People. Not to do Stealth. When you get seen they can easily kill you. So just find a cover and lean shot. You can pretty much do this the whole game. I did total of 4 stealths in total. 

+ Didnt do any skips like going through walls and such. I heard you can get stuck or something. The game isnt that hard. For you to do skips. specially early. I dont see the point. Doing the skips 

Just the lean shot from cover is all you need here. Using the Dual Rifles with 1 shot fire. I barely used the SMG and the other weapons   

Iw also made a video for the last part. This was the best tactic i found. This was when i got Mein Leben 

May i ask how long the run took you without any skips?

On 11/4/2021 at 7:46 PM, Tomy_IV said:

Got it done in just 3 Days And 12 Hours. Im suprised i did it that fast since first time played it. I had tons of Practise on I am death incarnate! Before starting Mein Leben. 

I had total of 2 deaths  1 in the Manhattan penthouse i was Lean Shooting from Cover and i didnt notice a grenade next to me. So it blow up and i was on my back with low HP and 2 guards were rushing me and killed me 

My last death was so random. I have no idea how i got killed. Manhattan Bunker. Easy section too. I just blow up. Maybe a barrel or something. 

I had a very close call in Venus i were at 20 HP Near the end. If i did panic i would have died for sure 

I recommend People. Not to do Stealth. When you get seen they can easily kill you. So just find a cover and lean shot. You can pretty much do this the whole game. I did total of 4 stealths in total. 

+ Didnt do any skips like going through walls and such. I heard you can get stuck or something. The game isnt that hard. For you to do skips. specially early. I dont see the point. Doing the skips 

Just the lean shot from cover is all you need here. Using the Dual Rifles with 1 shot fire. I barely used the SMG and the other weapons   

Iw also made a video for the last part. This was the best tactic i found. This was when i got Mein Leben 

If your wondering how you died in the Manhattan Bunker, you probably got killed by Commander with the granade pistol.

If anyone gets close to end of that section and carefully take out that nazi prick.

• Like 1