Mein Leben Runs.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, RedWolfCrusader said:

What walkthrough/guide do people recommend I use which is the best? 

Don't think there is one that's best. There are many that have different approach. I personally watched several mein leben runs and kinda put it together for my run. So i would say do the same 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/03/2021 at 9:30 AM, Don_carlito94 said:

If you are having trouble consistently making the jump to the train in Roswell right before you get the shotgun, I found a  more consistent way: after you turn on the switch, try to sneak up to the robot and kill it - then there is a little platform you can stand on right beside it (right side) and you can jump while sprinting from there. This worked for me every time.

I did Mein Leben today and was just watching back my video of it, I missed this jump 5 times in a row at this section Ha! Bit of an error filled run overall if I’m being honest, but got it done. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

I wasn't even mad, I just laughed.

Good run up until this point too. Kind of disappointed but I know I can make it back there no problem.

WTF? xD never see that happen lol. 

On 11.5.2022 at 6:20 PM, Vergil said:

Don't think there is one that's best. There are many that have different approach. I personally watched several mein leben runs and kinda put it together for my run. So i would say do the same 

^this

I had the most trouble with that Panzerhund ride. I have never seen a stealthy approach on youtube, but I decided to figure one out and that´s what worked for me for instance. Many ways lead to Rome :D 

Just now, HusKy said:

Weird bug for sure but pro tip here: the chopper can kill you in the most unexpected ways. Stay in the hole until it fully landed.

Oh yeah lesson learned. I will be staying put until everything stops moving next time.

38 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

I wasn't even mad, I just laughed.

Good run up until this point too. Kind of disappointed but I know I can make it back there no problem.

Damm. Yeah nothing really to do just laugh about it. That's a weird One!

On 1/30/2022 at 2:45 AM, HusKy said:

@Vergil You also had another soldier on top of the stairs (top right corner). I'm not sure how the shots came from "behind you" but you would most likely die anyway. The thing is, when you move between areas like this (upper and lower deck), you allow the enemies to move around freely without your knowledge and they will blindside you as shown in the video. I personally prefer to camp behind the box. There's also armor available if needed.

Keep at it, you will get it done soon.

IKU1FMX.png

This big cover on the left is actually a lie, enemy bullets can actually go through it from the other side and i am 99% sure that's what killed you. I personally died here myself and remember some others also saying they died in that exact spot during the early days of the mein leben runs. I feel like this should be a PSA when going for this trophy, Do not stand on the stairs or you will die. Just thought i would comment on this hopefully newer runners become aware of the issue.

10 minutes ago, Mi2Lethal said:

This big cover on the left is actually a lie, enemy bullets can actually go through it from the other side and i am 99% sure that's what killed you. I personally died here myself and remember some others also saying they died in that exact spot during the early days of the mein leben runs. I feel like this should be a PSA when going for this trophy, Do not stand on the stairs or you will die. Just thought i would comment on this hopefully newer runners become aware of the issue.

I agree, the stairs are a death trap. Maybe a soldier was standing here. This would also explain the red "markings" appearing on the screen from that direction just before he died.

08oWQH2.png

1 hour ago, coregamer1998 said:

Sometimes it really do be like this

For that section, i suggest triggering the alarm and running back into the cafeteria and luring all the enemies towards you. You can actually peek with dual ar's to deal most damage.

Those explosive spheres are just too dangerous, that coupled with panzersoldats and hounds.

Edited by AnOrdinaryBloke
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Started my quest for this trophy today.  Just the 2 attempts,  first one dying only the 3rd enemy in,  2nd attempt went a little better,  dying at the new york penthouse section, from a random grenade.  

I have practiced each section very well beforehand,  but as soon as I started mein leben , I was seeing stuff I'd never seen before.  

• Like 2

On 16/09/2022 at 10:58 AM, closertim said:

Started my quest for this trophy today.  Just the 2 attempts,  first one dying only the 3rd enemy in,  2nd attempt went a little better,  dying at the new york penthouse section, from a random grenade.  

I have practiced each section very well beforehand,  but as soon as I started mein leben , I was seeing stuff I'd never seen before.  

The AI is identical on Mein Leben vs IADI. The Penthouse can be made simple by hiding amongst the boxes in the back corner near the weapon upgrade and armor. Enemies will only shoot at you from in front and in the cage area to the left. Hiding in the trash can like alot of videos will get you killed.

On 18/09/2022 at 10:50 PM, TriadThunder-X said:

The AI is identical on Mein Leben vs IADI. The Penthouse can be made simple by hiding amongst the boxes in the back corner near the weapon upgrade and armor. Enemies will only shoot at you from in front and in the cage area to the left. Hiding in the trash can like alot of videos will get you killed.

I've practiced that penthouse section alot. I start just up the stairs,  pick off  around 4-5. Then race down into that corner tucked away under the stairs and pick them off from there.  Not once has anyone thrown a grenade there in practice.  I did try that corner with the boxes but could never really get the hang of it.  

This trophy has truly been the bane of my existence for nearly 4 years now. One of the few trophies that I'm ready to admit it truly broke and defeated me at some point or another, after giving it a real go.

But I really do like this game and I'm not ready to fully give up yet. I've been slowly getting back "on training" for this since I've fully returned to trophy hunting and the 175th platinum milestone happens to be nearly in sight.

Thankfully there's a video out from last year that I've used to great success compared to earlier runs. Using this guide I've gotten past the courthouse level 2 times but then I start getting jittery and messed up twice in New Orleans, which in theory shouldn't be that tough in comparison to other levels I've passed up to that point ? There are few sections where I deviate from this video, but it's mostly solid overall and covers various options and circumstances that can happen in a run.

(oh, and before I completely forget, this is the video in question - I've posted this before but am posting it again to give context)

I'm gonna give this another serious go once I finish 2064. I hope I don't break my PS5 out of frustration.

Edited by jaehyun1009
  • Like 3

I've hit a mental block in the main campaign, keep dying to silly deaths in first couple chapters. So I tried the last remaining freedom chronicles challenge that I had trouble with a while back, specifically the nightmare simulation.

Honestly after struggling a bit with it, it turned out it was just a matter of knowing where a few of these enemies spawn because their spawn points are fixed and the announcer has a pretty good indicator for when the next wave of enemies spawn. Still did a fist pump after beating it.

MclFOen.jpg

I'm glad these challenges don't have a points requirement either. That was a pain in Old Blood. I'm gonna go for the mein leben trophies on FC and take a short break with a different game before tackling this beast once more, hopefully the last of my attempts.